Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain ***OFFICIAL SIGN-UP THREAD for FLASH TOOL***

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010 | 10:22 AM
Davidoyo
4th Gear
Old 06-27-2010 | 07:14 PM
Ladybug-S
2nd Gear
+1

June is almost over......

Old 06-28-2010 | 05:52 AM
Gilboyto
4th Gear
Been online but no response to it...It seems he will post, just not about our shizzzzzz haha.

I mean heck, I understand you run a business but its been how long now since these came out with a promise of getting it done? Now we're being pushed to the side when each of us paid $800 each

Old 06-28-2010 | 06:03 AM
killerfox
4th Gear
Give the man a break, He is on the road again. He's got 100+ files to modify and update. I got an updated tune yesterday to fix the hesitation I was getting at 3200rpm. Seems to have fixed the problem but I have to drive it some more to be sure. I'd guess that he is making sure everyone has a fully functional tune(no problems) before he starts updating them with non power adding features.

Old 06-28-2010 | 06:11 AM
Gilboyto
4th Gear
^ I think the feedback he is getting comes with the territory. Its not negative, just a "dont forget this was a commitment made" sort of speech . I could really care less at this point if my tune file gets changed or not, I just like being persistent

Old 06-28-2010 | 08:07 AM
C H I C K L E T
6th Gear
You guys are a mess...

Old 06-28-2010 | 08:20 AM
Gilboyto
4th Gear
Old 06-28-2010 | 08:35 AM
Revolution Mini Works
|
Banned
Originally Posted by killerfox
Give the man a break, He is on the road again. He's got 100+ files to modify and update. I got an updated tune yesterday to fix the hesitation I was getting at 3200rpm. Seems to have fixed the problem but I have to drive it some more to be sure. I'd guess that he is making sure everyone has a fully functional tune(no problems) before he starts updating them with non power adding features.
Exactly

Old 06-28-2010 | 10:23 AM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Gilboyto
I just like being persistent
Persistant can also = annoying. Jan's not likely to be outright ignoring you guys. Sometimes things just take longer to get accomplished than you plan for or life just gets in the way. Cut the man some slack. He's about as hard working of a guy as I know.

Old 06-28-2010 | 10:54 AM
chakraj
5th Gear
I am still getting dumped boost in 1st really bad, its as fast as a honda accord in first then I shift to second and it takes of like a porsche. It would be funny but it almost got me in an accident trying to merge the other day

Jan,, I still love you man, but if you ever get the first gear boost dump handled let me know

Old 06-28-2010 | 11:18 AM
Revolution Mini Works
|
Banned
Originally Posted by chakraj
I am still getting dumped boost in 1st really bad, its as fast as a honda accord in first then I shift to second and it takes of like a porsche. It would be funny but it almost got me in an accident trying to merge the other day

Jan,, I still love you man, but if you ever get the first gear boost dump handled let me know

this is getting fixed before the burble

Old 06-28-2010 | 01:07 PM
david in germany
5th Gear
Aww man, I always use 1st to prepare me for 2nd gear.. what am I going to do now that 1st will get crazy too? lol

Old 06-28-2010 | 06:22 PM
OH REALLY
3rd Gear
hay Jan i have a problem i was hoping you could help me with...first I'm sorry about the short notice but i need a quick response since i have an appointment with the mini dealer tomorrow at 1:30

OK here goes.. the check engine light went on in my car so i made an appointment to get it looked at and i took the custom tune out of the car and reinstalled the old/stock tune,,,, well after doing that the check engine light went off... so is there something wrong with the tune or is my car still having problems whats going on here should i still bring it to the dealer...any and all help is aprecated... thanks guys

Old 06-28-2010 | 06:31 PM
chakraj
5th Gear
If the light goes off when you re instal the stock tune, then cancel your visit at the dealer. Just tell them the light went off and you'll have it checked on your next visit. Then let Jan work on the tune for you, you did get the tool right? He will work with you remotely to fix your issue

PS hey that's my car, different wheels though

Old 06-28-2010 | 06:45 PM
n1tr0
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works
this is getting fixed before the burble
looking forward to having you take a look at my tune tomorrow, of course I'm wishful/hoping that the drive-ability and burble can be done back to back it seems to be an ongoing process of fine tuning.

Before anyone gets their panties in a knot over the rate of development from Jan's one-man operation, consider that no-one else is even close to offering the same sort of product, yet alone offering free updates & improvements.
There have been so many half-assed performance products and straight up vapor-ware with vendors & developers running off with money and parts, Jan is (unfortunately) a rare exception in the modern Mini community.

I can't blame Jan either for branching out and investing time in tuning Porsche's, I've worked building Porsche racecars and tuning them, it's good business. Mini seems intent on barring enthusiasts from modding their vehicles and as such, it won't be long before it's a dead platform.

Old 06-28-2010 | 07:23 PM
e30r56
4th Gear
Originally Posted by killerfox
How do I go about getting my hesitation/detonation fixed?

Old 06-28-2010 | 07:37 PM
killerfox
4th Gear
Originally Posted by e30r56
How do I go about getting my hesitation/detonation fixed?
I would send Jan an email. I have driven about 100+ miles with the updated tune and have not felt any hesitation in the 3k-4k rpm range. I'm sure he'll get to your file as well just needs time to update the many individual tune files.

Old 06-29-2010 | 06:41 AM
OH REALLY
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by chakraj
If the light goes off when you re instal the stock tune, then cancel your visit at the dealer. Just tell them the light went off and you'll have it checked on your next visit. Then let Jan work on the tune for you, you did get the tool right? He will work with you remotely to fix your issue

PS hey that's my car, different wheels though
ya i emailed him and hes asking me for the code but i dont have the code....

Question do you think changing the tune reset the car?
maybe that is why the light went off

Old 06-29-2010 | 06:48 AM
killerfox
4th Gear
Originally Posted by OH REALLY

Yes, flashing the ecu reset everything. I did the same thing, got a code flashed back to stock and code was gone. If you have a real problem then the code will come back, just may need to drive it a bit.

Old 06-29-2010 | 07:57 AM
n1tr0
5th Gear
Originally Posted by OH REALLY

There are a LOT of BMW codes that are stored in the ecm and other modules that will NOT turn on the CEL. Things like the superknock code. A cheapo/generic code reader is a good start when the light's on, but if you really want to know what's going on, you'll need the bavarian technic tool and a laptop.
...Or a good friend at the dealership.

Old 06-29-2010 | 07:59 AM
btwdriver
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by n1tr0
There are a LOT of BMW codes that are stored in the ecm and other modules that will NOT turn on the CEL. Things like the superknock code. A cheapo/generic code reader is a good start when the light's on, but if you really want to know what's going on, you'll need the bavarian technic tool and a laptop.
Have you used the Bavarian tool on the R56's? I was wondering how much info they actually showed.

Old 06-29-2010 | 08:13 AM
n1tr0
5th Gear
Originally Posted by btwdriver
Have you used the Bavarian tool on the R56's? I was wondering how much info they actually showed.
everything shows up in every possible module... overtorque faults in the traction control system, old low tire warnings in the abs system, superknock in the ecm .. and you'll be able to see/clear corresponding codes that are stored in other systems.

I haven't had much luck with the datalogging yet, but my laptop doesn't really meet their minimum specs and it's battery is so past it's prime I can barely get it to the car before it's dead. Given how flaky the dealers are, I'd consider it a must have tool if you're going to mod anything.

Old 06-29-2010 | 11:01 AM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
^^words of wisdom

Old 06-29-2010 | 07:30 PM
tacostrk
2nd Gear
everything shows up in every possible module... overtorque faults in the traction control system, old low tire warnings in the abs system, superknock in the ecm .. and you'll be able to see/clear corresponding codes that are stored in other systems.

I haven't had much luck with the datalogging yet, but my laptop doesn't really meet their minimum specs and it's battery is so past it's prime I can barely get it to the car before it's dead. Given how flaky the dealers are, I'd consider it a must have tool if you're going to mod anything.
Where do you go about purchasing this software and cable????

Old 06-29-2010 | 07:33 PM
btwdriver
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by tacostrk
Where do you go about purchasing this software and cable????
Here: http://www.bavariantechnic.com/

Quick Reply: Drivetrain ***OFFICIAL SIGN-UP THREAD for FLASH TOOL***