Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain ***OFFICIAL SIGN-UP THREAD for FLASH TOOL***

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010 | 09:02 AM
CCM
4th Gear
Please add CCM to your list

Assuming this will be similar to the tune AMD customized for my nitroused and twin charged 2002MCS and to the Hyper for my pickup truck or the flash tool for my STi I am all for it and beyond pleased that it is finally happening.

Old 02-07-2010 | 10:00 AM
Soopastank
1st Gear
Jan,

Please add me to the list.

Thanks

Old 02-07-2010 | 10:31 AM
Canuck
1st Gear
Ah damn....please add me to the list. I take it that Paypal will be accepted?

Old 02-07-2010 | 10:34 AM
Revolution Mini Works
|
Banned
Originally Posted by Canuck
Ah damn....please add me to the list. I take it that Paypal will be accepted?

yes

Old 02-07-2010 | 10:36 AM
peter314
5th Gear
yikes! wow alot of people have signed on sence I last checked. The post's nearly doubled in size sence then too. After reading all of the posts sence I last said anything on here I was unaware of how this all worked, I too was under the impression that the flash tool came with a mild tune. After seeing that it would cost an extra ~$600, a $1000 is wayyy too much for me right now, between that and the parents are on my a$$ about me doing anything to my MINI. I intended on using the tune for some more HP for some up coming track days this spring but those are looking like they are not going to happen either.

So regrettably Jan I am going to have to ask you to remove me from the list. I know Im going to be missing out on a deal of the century but I have no choice. $400 spent on a tool I cannot use is something I cannot allow myself to do.

Sorry

-Peter314

Old 02-07-2010 | 11:05 AM
JamesHunt
Banned
Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works
yes
Jan

Please hurryup because Jill is looking at a new showjumper and furniture for the beach house

JD

Old 02-07-2010 | 11:59 AM
Jupiter Clam II
1st Gear
Add me please.

AKA Nathan

Old 02-07-2010 | 02:11 PM
scott48
6th Gear
You can add me as well

Old 02-07-2010 | 03:27 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MBW Motorsports
Now, turbo diesels on the other hand are an entirely different matter...250HP with JUST a tune, and no mods for $1K can't be beat...until you need a billet tranny (around $6K or so installed) within a week because you toasted it...

That's funny, I just sent my H2 to CA for a duramax diesel conversion. The stock LBZ engine puts out 620 ft.lbs of torque. I'm only using level 4 (out of 10) on a PPE tuner and it's add'ing an add'l 335 ft.lbs. of torque. (and yes, I had the allison built to handle the extra torque/HP)

Anyway, yes, american tunes via predator, hypertech, etc, etc... are always tame compared to Euro tunes.

Not sure why but it is what it is.

Mark

Old 02-07-2010 | 03:30 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by peter314
yikes! wow alot of people have signed on sence I last checked. The post's nearly doubled in size sence then too. After reading all of the posts sence I last said anything on here I was unaware of how this all worked, I too was under the impression that the flash tool came with a mild tune. After seeing that it would cost an extra ~$600, a $1000 is wayyy too much for me right now, between that and the parents are on my a$$ about me doing anything to my MINI. I intended on using the tune for some more HP for some up coming track days this spring but those are looking like they are not going to happen either.

So regrettably Jan I am going to have to ask you to remove me from the list. I know Im going to be missing out on a deal of the century but I have no choice. $400 spent on a tool I cannot use is something I cannot allow myself to do.

Sorry

-Peter314
Peter,

My suggestion is to at least buy the tool now at this price even if you don't have a tune to install it in. I get the feeling that because this order should be pretty large, we're going to get some pretty good discounting going on.

Mark

Old 02-07-2010 | 04:05 PM
MBW Motorsports
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by orangecrush
That's funny, I just sent my H2 to CA for a duramax diesel conversion. The stock LBZ engine puts out 620 ft.lbs of torque. I'm only using level 4 (out of 10) on a PPE tuner and it's add'ing an add'l 335 ft.lbs. of torque. (and yes, I had the allison built to handle the extra torque/HP)

Anyway, yes, american tunes via predator, hypertech, etc, etc... are always tame compared to Euro tunes.

Not sure why but it is what it is.

Mark
(Sorry for the off topic!) H-Line Conversion I assume? We're talking to them about a Stage II Duramax conversion on our Escalade ESV...1000+ HP on #2 diesel, and a billet tranny and Ford 9-inch rear end...BULLETPROOF!!!

Old 02-07-2010 | 04:43 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
I'll respond via PM's so we don't sidetrack this thread.

Sorry for the interuption ya'll.

Mark

Old 02-07-2010 | 07:53 PM
peter314
5th Gear
Originally Posted by orangecrush
Peter,

My suggestion is to at least buy the tool now at this price even if you don't have a tune to install it in. I get the feeling that because this order should be pretty large, we're going to get some pretty good discounting going on.

Mark
hmmmmmmm, I've been thinking the same thing all day after I had posted that mark. I didn't think anyone else would either, I might as well stay on the list for now, I can see these selling for $500+ after this deal.
As long as I never hook it up to my car it would be unregisterd correct? Meaning if I ever felt the need I could sell it and someone else could in fact use it on there car. Correct?

Ok Jan put me back on the list please, sorry for jumping off and on the ship.

Peter

Old 02-07-2010 | 08:16 PM
haltiner
1st Gear
please add me to the list

Old 02-07-2010 | 08:33 PM
danielo
4th Gear
Hi Jan,

I am located in Malaysia and is interested in your tool and tune.

I think my car is a UK spec as it doesn't come with the reflecters on the side plastic trims.

We run 95 octane fuel here, high humidity and high ambient temps (averaging 33degree C).

Being on the other side of the world, just to confirm, this won't be a problem will it?

Thanks.

Regards,
Daniel

Old 02-07-2010 | 08:35 PM
Revolution Mini Works
|
Banned
Originally Posted by danielo
Hi Jan,

I am located in Malaysia and is interested in your tool and tune.

I think my car is a UK spec as it doesn't come with the reflecters on the side plastic trims.

We run 95 octane fuel here, high humidity and high ambient temps (averaging 33degree C).

Being on the other side of the world, just to confirm, this won't be a problem will it?

Thanks.

Regards,
Daniel
won't be a problem

Old 02-07-2010 | 09:35 PM
danielo
4th Gear
Add me to the list then Jan.

Thanks.

Regards,
Daniel

Old 02-08-2010 | 06:29 AM
Revolution Mini Works
|
Banned
Originally Posted by danielo
Add me to the list then Jan.

Thanks.

Regards,
Daniel

done.... if I have missed someone please let me know

Old 02-08-2010 | 06:51 AM
Kalibdor
4th Gear
though I might not be able to get the tune itself for a while, this is a great opportunity for the tool, so add me in! thanks
--Caleb

Old 02-08-2010 | 06:53 AM
MINIutia
3rd Gear
Can the list be re-posted so we can verify we're on it.

Old 02-08-2010 | 06:54 AM
btwdriver
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MINIutia
Check the first post.

Old 02-08-2010 | 06:55 AM
Revolution Mini Works
|
Banned
Originally Posted by Kalibdor
though I might not be able to get the tune itself for a while, this is a great opportunity for the tool, so add me in! thanks
--Caleb
done

Originally Posted by MINIutia
you are on it now.... first post is constantly being updated

Old 02-08-2010 | 07:29 AM
unclemeat
3rd Gear
The past 1-3 weeks the Euro has taken a beating, and its only going to get worse for them.

RMW; and everyone else. We should all wait at LEAST a month to follow
through this deal. Their ecconomy is worse than ours which likely means the exchange rates will be more favorable for the USD very soon. I'd give this about a month and bet you'll see the price in the high ~$200 to low ~$300 due to exchange rates favoring the USD.

Check the last three week drop in market exchange here:
http://www.google.com/finance?q=EURUSD

Approx current exchange rate: 1 EUR = 1.36 USD

I'm guessing the price of these things is roughly #300 Euros which will stay at that price in Europe; but as the USD gets stronger we'll have more buying power due to the exchange rates. Say if the exchange rate drops to 1 EUR = 1 USD, then our costs could drop to ~$300 USD. Perhaps RMW is already pre-emptivly thinking this will be the case - and may buy the units in the next weeks/months.

In short if the price keeps falling then these things are going to get cheaper for RWM and us in general (Maybe 10-20% more I'd guess)

Old 02-08-2010 | 07:33 AM
Revolution Mini Works
|
Banned
Originally Posted by unclemeat
The past 1-3 weeks the Euro has taken a beating, and its only going to get worse for them.

RMW; and everyone else. We should all wait at LEAST a month to follow
through this deal. Their ecconomy is worse than ours which likely means the exchange rates will be more favorable for the USD very soon. I'd give this about a month and bet you'll see the price in the high ~$200 to low ~$300 due to exchange rates favoring the USD.

Check the last three week drop in market exchange here:
http://www.google.com/finance?q=EURUSD

Approx current exchange rate: 1 EUR = 1.36 USD

I'm guessing the price of these things is roughly #300 Euros which will stay at that price in Europe; but as the USD gets stronger we'll have more buying power due to the exchange rates. Perhaps RMW is already pre-emptivly thinking this will be the case - and may buy the units in the next weeks/months.

In short if the price keeps falling then these things are going to get cheaper for RWM and us in general (Maybe 10-20% more I'd guess)
lol... I've been watching my currency exchange rates daily... hoping for a dump in the Euro.... I had to buy a bunch of specialty equipment for Porsche and Mercedes/Ferrari that was in the 1.51 range not too long ago

Old 02-08-2010 | 07:46 AM
unclemeat
3rd Gear
RMW - The news is pretty grim in Europe as of late. Better wait -> better deal depending how big your crystal ball is.

Its really going to be a matter of which ecconomy will take the bigger hit - or not at all. Both the US and European markets are receating. Whichever falls over first will determine a change, while parellel declines could maintain current exchange rate.

My view is Europe is falling harder than US since both its ecconomy and exchange rate are declining.

Last edited by unclemeat; 02-08-2010 at 08:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain ***OFFICIAL SIGN-UP THREAD for FLASH TOOL***