Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain CATTED DP's and CEL

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010 | 10:52 AM
J_'09s
5th Gear
From personal experience, the sooner you stop doing business with Riss, the better off you'll be. Already once before did Riss drop off the face off the Earth to let their customers out high and dry.

Do not trust them. I have a 600 dollar exhaust sitting in a box that isnt worth more the than the metal used to make it. Don't count on the O2 sim being resolved. But hey, i could be surprised. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Old 04-14-2010 | 10:53 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mikemc
still waiting on my Exhaust Depot DP... its been 2 weeks! I was thinking about getting one of those scanguages just in case... wonder if anyone would do a group buy on them...

Mike,

You don't need a group buy, go to see Way at Waymotorsports

You won't find it any cheaper. I bought mine from them.

Mark

Old 04-14-2010 | 12:10 PM
mikemc
3rd Gear
true true...i thought i saw one a few months ago though..seemed pretty successful... i just dropped a grip on my taxes this year and been spending frivolously on my mini cash cow and need to withhold on that unless its a deal i cant pass up...thank you though....and my dp is taking forever!

Old 04-15-2010 | 10:41 AM
dj.papazian
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by J_'09s
From personal experience, the sooner you stop doing business with Riss, the better off you'll be. Already once before did Riss drop off the face off the Earth to let their customers out high and dry.

Do not trust them. I have a 600 dollar exhaust sitting in a box that isnt worth more the than the metal used to make it. Don't count on the O2 sim being resolved. But hey, i could be surprised. I'm not getting my hopes up.

but i thought u mentioned in another thread that you enjoyed your riss racing catless dp very much and that it sounded very nice?

Old 04-15-2010 | 12:44 PM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Originally Posted by dj.papazian
but i thought u mentioned in another thread that you enjoyed your riss racing catless dp very much and that it sounded very nice?
I do like the downpipe. i stand by that product and would recommend it to anyone. Even though there has been figment issues recently with others' pipes.

As a company, Riss has been very shady when it comes to business. Myself and numerous others waited months and months on the first batch of exhausts and down pipes after being led to believe that they were done at various times.

As for the exhaust, it drones bad REALLY bad. I admit getting a catless exhaust without a resonator is asking for loud. But for anyone to believe that that thing is a production ready and pushes it, makes me think they just rushed it out the door. It obnoxious. But i should have known better given that its basically a straight pipe. So i don't really hold the exhaust against them.

Long story short, there have been lots of displeased customers with most of their products. The bov looks identical to the HKS one. the O2 sim has been a massive headache. Look at Riss' itrader rep and read people's testimonials. I really hate to put them on blast, but you asked for it. I hope they can turn the business around. But that's yet to be seen.

Old 04-15-2010 | 01:23 PM
dj.papazian
3rd Gear
fair enough answer. i was just stoked on getting the RR catless downpipe because of the comments i heard on this forum of how excellent sounding it is. i guess im gonna have to try to look for a new downpipe

Old 04-15-2010 | 01:37 PM
ndylam
3rd Gear
FYI, there isn't a company out there that is capable of fixing the o2 sensor...YET. Your best bet is to get the ED Catted or the ceramic coated cat-less one if you don't mind the CEL.

Old 04-17-2010 | 01:03 PM
mikemc
3rd Gear
still waiting on my ED pipe... going on 3weeks plus! not sure whats taking so long...

Old 04-17-2010 | 01:08 PM
J_'09s
5th Gear
still waiting on my ED pipe... going on 3weeks plus! not sure whats taking so long...
Like i said, i ordered my RR down pipe last July and got in November i believe. Something like 5 or 6 months

Good luck guys. Its a tough market out there.

Old 04-17-2010 | 03:21 PM
badhogan
2nd Gear
DP's

Why doesn't anyone mention the offerings from Way motorworks? They too have catless downpipes as well as exhausts that DO NOT drone.

Old 04-17-2010 | 03:43 PM
phlash
4th Gear
Got mine on yesterday....it's sweet. I think this shop move is taking Hector longer than he hoped. Keep trying him.

Old 04-17-2010 | 03:45 PM
phlash
4th Gear
Originally Posted by badhogan
Why doesn't anyone mention the offerings from Way motorworks? They too have catless downpipes as well as exhausts that DO NOT drone.

Unknown, the site claims "contact/call for details" so I dropped Way an email for details on it; price, CELs?, availablity, etc...two weeks ago before I took on installing the ED yesterday, and still haven't heard back.....so the ED is on and I am moving on to the next upgrade.....

Old 04-17-2010 | 10:05 PM
dj.papazian
3rd Gear
so are there any normal "working" sites/companies that i can buy a decent downpipe from? seems like we're running out of options here...

Old 04-18-2010 | 03:37 AM
mikemc
3rd Gear
+1 feel like this is taking forever... and i wish i had positive feedback....

Old 04-19-2010 | 02:19 PM
phlash
4th Gear
Just threw a P0420 code with my ED pipe......grrrrrrrrr..........

Old 04-19-2010 | 06:27 PM
mikemc
3rd Gear
other then the code where you happy with the ED pipe? how long have you had it installed before you threw codes?

Old 04-20-2010 | 05:50 AM
phlash
4th Gear
other then the code where you happy with the ED pipe? how long have you had it installed before you threw codes?
Love the sound and the butt dyno feeling I'm getting from it. Like Mark stated before, It really needs a engine brace so everything isn't supported by the turbo and exhaust connections, so I'm doing my own. Got it on Friday and I had done some small (3 miles or less) runs initially and nothing. Did a longer run (about 10 to 15 miles) yesterday and it threw the code. No limp mode or performance issues that I could tell, just the CEL. I cleared it last night, double checked that the sensors and the all the connections were tight, and with 30 miles in to work this am (knocking on wood), no CEL.......fingers crossed.....rubbing my rabbits foot, and holding my four leaf clover.......

Old 04-20-2010 | 07:15 AM
mikemc
3rd Gear
how long did the turn time take to recieve yours? i'm going on a month now...

Old 04-20-2010 | 10:42 AM
phlash
4th Gear
how long did the turn time take to recieve yours? i'm going on a month now...
From what I read here, about a month is Hectors turn around....and that's when his shop is in place. Hell, then it sat another month or two before I got the chance to get it on. Do you have his cell phone number? If not I'll see if I can dig it up for you......I assume you have already sent him the $'s? For what it's worth, it is a really well built pipe. The welds are fantastic and the ceramic coating is real nicely done.................

Something else to try.....if you can get the $'s back.....even though he never got back with me on it (which is rare for him), generally Way keeps parts in stock. You may want to give him a call about this and see what the story is on it...

http://www.waymotorworks.com/product...cat=326&page=6

Too bad we can't have a GOOD pipe dealer that is as on the ball as is Clint or Jan.........God knows the opportunity has been there........

****EDIT****
fom their website:

WE HAVE MOVED!!! WE HAVE MOVED!!! WE HAVE MOVED!!!

After being in Orlando for a little bit over a year, we kicked into survival mode and moved back to the Miami Area.

We purchase land cash, had a bank finance our new shops construction loan only to have them go under on us forcing us into survival mode. Now they want to sue for the full amount of closing cost yet they only gave you a fraction of the loan. You cant trust the banks anymore, God help us!

YOU CAN CONTACT US USING OUR TEMP EMAIL ADDRESS: darth_mouse@yahoo.com

We are in the process of wiring our new location and getting our internet access and phones up and going so feel free to contact us via our temp address. Thank you for your patience during this transition.

Last edited by phlash; 04-20-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-21-2010 | 12:06 AM
mikemc
3rd Gear
ya i shot him a text message @ the 2 week mark since he said his turn time was 2 weeks and i heard nothing... his response was less then what i was expecting...kinda like you'll get it when i'm done type of thing. never worked with Clint but if JAN made a DP i would def buy one from him... his communication is superb and i'm sure he'd take the pending CEL Obstacle into consideration in his design..does anyone have any feedback/price on WAY's catted DP? i'm in CA and dont want to go through the hassle of taking it off, putting it on a cattless DP... i read its the diameter that throws the CEL's... the bigger ones like 2.75 and up are setting them off... whats the diameter of WAY's? its not mentioned and the ever pending topic of the CEL's is not mentioned in the description either...

Last edited by mikemc; 04-21-2010 at 12:12 AM.