Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Trying to reach Riss Racing? Start here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010 | 12:36 AM
Riss Racing
Banned
Brian,

your refund was issued on Feb. 5th, and I sent you an email in regards to it. Please give it a few days to show up. I have already sent you a quick reply to your email.

Old 02-12-2010 | 09:43 AM
MLPearson79
|
OVERDRIVE
Anyone else still waiting on refunds or parts?

Old 02-14-2010 | 11:10 PM
Mini Bo Bini
2nd Gear
Adam,

Refund received. Thank you very much.

And, the o2 sim?

Old 02-15-2010 | 09:31 PM
uber.bucket
2nd Gear
Just wanted to let everyone know that Adam did in fact take care of my issues.

Things are indeed on the up & up, wish you the best for the future!

Old 04-07-2010 | 06:02 PM
Wacado
1st Gear
NOT on the Up and Up...!!!

Yea, not on the up and up...I just received my BOV kit from Adam....and was NOT impressed, as evident in my email to him that night....see below:

<see attached>

Also....the RissRacing website/emails are down, coincidence their domain name expired or no? ....yea, exactly. RIP RissRacing...

Attached Thumbnails Trying to reach Riss Racing?  Start here.-riss-racing.jpg  

Last edited by Wacado; 04-08-2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Website and email closed...
Old 04-08-2010 | 07:43 PM
Sabes
3rd Gear
Wow. Now THAT is what I call an angry letter

Old 04-08-2010 | 07:48 PM
willsblackmini08
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Wacado
Yea, not on the up and up...I just received my BOV kit from Adam....and was NOT impressed, as evident in my email to him that night....see below:

<see attached>

Also....the RissRacing website/emails are down, coincidence their domain name expired or no? ....yea, exactly. RIP RissRacing...
Wow talk about ripping someone a new one.

I hope everything works out for everyone involved in this mess of Riss Racing.

Old 04-08-2010 | 07:56 PM
vjaramillo
2nd Gear
wow dude,

I hope you get things resolved. I never got my stuff resolved. I had to sell the system for cheap and lose out money. Stick it to them bro. They treat their customers like dirt.

Vince

Old 04-08-2010 | 08:02 PM
n1tr0
5th Gear
awe shucks, I guess we'll never get a real fix for their o2 sim fix, I wonder if we can file a joint lawsuit against the owner(s) ?
Looks like Adam still has a RR facebook page online.
http://www.myspace.com/rissracing

Old 04-08-2010 | 08:49 PM
MLPearson79
|
OVERDRIVE
Their domain is not expired - I just checked it. It's valid through 2012. Likely the hosting is not paid up, or else the server is just down.

Because Riss Racing was on thin ice here anyway, I have reflagged this to IB for follow-up. We can't mediate and force anyone to make good on their sales practices, but we CAN keep problematic vendors from taking further advantage of our members.

Please continue to keep this thread updated if you are owed a refund, an order, or have a faulty part. It helps us get a sense of the size of the problem.

Old 04-08-2010 | 09:32 PM
Wacado
1st Gear
...and I'm not an angry person, heck I drive a MINI!

Three pieces elevated me: 1) sending a used part...and with permanent marker over all the scratches, 2) sending a knock-off part, and 3) sending a part that could damage my brand new beast if installed! ...you should see the seals....or lack of on this BOV!

Adam did reply (once) and said to file with my cc (I already had...) and he'd not dispute it....though I had enough info, so I wasn't worried about that.

Oh well, enough about me, I was just trying to post quickly to let everyone know to be on guard.

Thanks for the support, and I hope the best for the others right now stuck in this or that have had to deal with this.

Now to find where to get my parts at a RELIABLE store.....of course gun shy now!

Keep the rubber down all!

Old 04-09-2010 | 07:37 AM
countryboyshane
6th Gear
I really like that mission statement. Mission failed!

Are we going to see Adam on "America's Most Wanted"?

Last edited by countryboyshane; 04-09-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-10-2010 | 12:39 PM
eclipsie
Neutral
Mod. and anyone please help me I have problem with Adam from RR

Moderator please help me I cannot post on adam issue thread. I need help so I have to post my story here.

Hi NAM member. My name is Jack, r56s user from Thailand. I also have problem with RR catted downpipe product. I ordered 3 catted down pipe for me and my firends from Adam and already make payment for all 3 downpipe. Adam told me that he had only 1 left in stock so he will ship 1 out to me first and then other 2 will be ship later. I amd o.k. with that and after I got that Down pipe I put it in my car but there is fitting problem. Turbo flange is a bit bend and exhaust flange is not fit with my standard exhaust it shortage about 1 inch. I try to install it and clamp it but there is leak around connection point. This is some photo

I try about 1 hour but it didn't work. So I cut it off like in the photo and extended it finally get it fit on my car with out leak. Between this I have contact Adam about this issue but he said it is not possible his down pipe can be clamp up without leak.

I go to dyno because I would like to know about gain of down pipe by myself that it is give me big hp like adam advertise. Before I put down pipe I did dyno graph of my car. This is my graph which is

189.5hp/6025 RPM torque 293.9 NM/3310 RPM

after I install Down pipe I am very surprise on the dyno result. It is

184.6 hp/6080 RPM torque 293.4 NM/3430 RPM This is my graph after install down pipe

Compare between 2 graph look like my whole graph is a bit downward. I donot get any hp gain or benefit anything to my engine after install DP. My friend is very disappointed with quality of RR down pipe that I have to get it fix before it can be fit on car. And there is no gain from install this part like ADAM advertise.

I contact Adam after I know my dyno result I am asking him that do he have prove that his down pipe can increase hp? because it is not to me and my car. He told me that he have dyno graph of his catless down pipe which can increase about +23 after install and he send me this dyno graph which he claim that this graph is from his product. This photo is graph that Adam send to me

I have no idea why my car donot get any gain. Few days after that I am very confuse about down pipe then I searching on R56 Dyno Graph and I found some interesting graph on this page http://www.dragtimes.com/2009-Mini-C...phs-18914.html

This graph look almost same as Adam's catless graph also same on headline. I contact to Lenny PAW Tune. I got response from Lenny that this graph is Lenny's customer and hp increasing on this graph is from ECU tune not from other product nor Adam catless down pipe.

I am not very happy with RR and Adam and I try to contact him and he donot response to me after I mail him about I have to fix his down pipe and no hp gain when I dyno my car. I would like to get my money back. Today is 3rd day that I donot get any reply from Adam.

Adam please show your responsibility to this community. Your product is not good as your advertise and I would like my money back. Any member please share your idea that what should I do next about my story. Thank you.

Old 04-11-2010 | 10:52 AM
gamblestolen
Neutral
OMG! He sent you a fake dyno graph! Why do people continue to buy from this terrible company?

Old 04-11-2010 | 11:06 AM
vjaramillo
2nd Gear
Why hasn't anyone sued is a better question. I recently bought a scorpion exhaust from bavauto. They are very reputable and gave been around for awhile. I love the system deep revs very low cabin noise and the tips are stamped with logo. Noticable power increase.

Old 04-11-2010 | 11:55 AM
dj.papazian
3rd Gear
i was thinking about buying the riss racing catless downpipe but after this thread im very shaky about the idea! from what i heard, the downpipe is a quality product that produces good numbers and great sound, but idk what to do anymore... is there a better company i should be getting my downpipe from??

Old 04-11-2010 | 12:05 PM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Originally Posted by dj.papazian
i was thinking about buying the riss racing catless downpipe but after this thread im very shaky about the idea! from what i heard, the downpipe is a quality product that produces good numbers and great sound, but idk what to do anymore... is there a better company i should be getting my downpipe from??
Exhaust Depot makes a quality part.

Old 04-11-2010 | 12:12 PM
dj.papazian
3rd Gear
lol well i was gonna ask you how it sounded but guess i cant considering you have the riss racing catltess down pipe

Old 04-11-2010 | 07:13 PM
vjaramillo
2nd Gear
Dont buy from Riss. They will screw you. Alta makes one.

V

Old 04-11-2010 | 09:12 PM
Sabes
3rd Gear
I have a RR Catted downpipe and it fit fine, and after I installed it i didn't really notice any huge increase, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't any decrease in HP... You may have lost power due to a big exhaust leak and loss in backpressure? Not sure but when i got my baseline dyno at Helix, it was 173hp and 207 tq, and that's on a dyno which reads 10-15 low... Then after the tune i was at 188hp and 250tq.... And i'm pretty happy with those results, esp on that dyno, so i can't say the downpipe is bad, b/c my car is also a bit more raspy after i put it in, which would lead me to believe its less restricting.

Just my 2 cents, still think Riss is behind a bunch of BS, but my DP worked out fine... tho i wonder if maybe i would have gotten more power without it? Nah...

Btw, eclipsie, were the temperatures similiar in both dyno runs? Also, did you hit similiar PSI's in both?

Old 04-11-2010 | 11:41 PM
n1tr0
5th Gear
Originally Posted by vjaramillo
Dont buy from Riss. They will screw you. Alta makes one.

V
I was probably screwed around worse by Alta w/ their defective downpipe before I tried the Riss stuff. The difference is, Riss looks to have closed up, Alta still sells the same crap that doesn't work. Riss should have learned to change their fine print.

Old 04-19-2010 | 09:28 PM
gamblestolen
Neutral
Did their 02 SIM ever start working?

Old 04-20-2010 | 10:03 AM
cmcveay
3rd Gear
No luck with the 02 SIM. I've got their catted DP installed and Adam did honor the group by deal and I got the 02 SIM at no cost.

It's been 5-6 weeks since Adam's last post about some changes to the installation procedure and having the engineer come in to look at the numbers. Since then, nothing has been heard. I email/call RR once a week or so and I haven't gotten any replies. I've PM'd Adam on NAM with no response. Their phones still work and the voicemail inbox doesn't seem to be full since I can still leave VM's for them.

My 02 SIM is still in the car but it's not connected at the moment. I don't intend to reconnect it until/unless I get some information from RR on it. I may just pull it back out of the car (just a matter of cutting a couple of zip ties) in the next week or so...

Caveat Emptor would be the catch phrase for RR.

Old 04-20-2010 | 08:51 PM
gamblestolen
Neutral
I was hoping to add a catless DP. I won't do it without a SIM. After seeing the way Riss conducts business. I don't care if they end up getting the SIM working, and offer it for 2 dollars. I wouldn't give them my business. I admire your patience.

Old 04-21-2010 | 01:55 AM
Mini Bo Bini
2nd Gear
Has ANYONE gotten a response from Adam either by phone or email?

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Trying to reach Riss Racing? Start here.