Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Trying to reach Riss Racing? Start here.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010 | 03:13 AM
J_'09s
5th Gear
The last time Riss disappeared they had some severe internal issues. I don't know why anyone still buys from them?

Old 04-21-2010 | 11:04 AM
skippydog
3rd Gear
They disappeared again?

Old 05-04-2010 | 10:51 AM
eclipsie
Neutral
Sorry that I donot reply on this thread and thank you for every comment on me. My account has been lock up but Mods already unlock me so I can post again.

So continue my story, Adam do not received my call and also donot answer my email. Finally I set up dispute on paypal, just like I think he donot reply anything there, not just even one word. about one week pass I mention everything there Adam donot have any response and I donot want to wait any more so I escalate paypal to claim. 1 day later I check on is dispute Adam send tracking no. of item that he shipped to me. I think I can get refund because on paypal invoice that I pay him it write that 3 set of down pipe 1 shipped to day and another 2 ship later. So I am waiting for paypal to take action because I cannot do anything on this step.

Finally paypal send email to me that this case has been clase and I donot get any refund because seller has tracking no. and item has been shipped. I email and contact Adam again and no any response. So what can I do to get my money back. It is much money for me amount is about $1350 usd. Any one has any idea for me. Thank you for your help.

Old 05-04-2010 | 12:24 PM
cmcveay
3rd Gear
I would suggest contacting PayPal again to let them know about the history of RR. If RR has provided a tracking number and it shows the parts on the way, you will have to wait. If it's a bogus tracking number, PayPal will be able to tell and they should take action on that.

Old 05-04-2010 | 02:10 PM
hsautocrosser
6th Gear
If you used a credit card with PayPal, do a charge back with the bank that issued the credit card to you. If not, reapply with PayPal for item significantly different than described (one instead of three). Getting them to listen can be very difficult.

Old 05-04-2010 | 07:35 PM
aus
3rd Gear
I went by there today and it was locked.
In the past,they had told me the Mini downpipes were easy to make compared to the 135/335 downpipes were are a real pain.

I think they just ran out of money. It's too bad because Adam was tyring to turn things around. He spent a lot of time with me on my M3 exhaust they were developing. It finally sounded good, but now I can't get a hold of them at all. This was just 2 week ago.

Old 05-04-2010 | 11:49 PM
eclipsie
Neutral
Originally Posted by hsautocrosser
If you used a credit card with PayPal, do a charge back with the bank that issued the credit card to you. If not, reapply with PayPal for item significantly different than described (one instead of three). Getting them to listen can be very difficult.
Thank you for your comment. I am unlucky this time I donot use my credit card to pay him. I use my paypal fund. I donot think that I can reapply anything on the same transaction after dispute has been setup and already close, isn't it? I am not in U.S. so paypal donot help me much it is very difficult to contact paypal.

Old 05-05-2010 | 11:08 AM
MLPearson79
|
OVERDRIVE
Check with your bank - they may offer fraud protection.

Old 05-05-2010 | 11:39 AM
dunphyj
4th Gear
it is rather annoying... i've called and emailed 8 times in the past 5 months with absolutely NO response... called and i don't even get a voice mail... just that the number's been disconnected...yet somehow they have a website up and working... are they spending all their money on website and a handfull of parts and in doing so can't even afford to have a working land line or email?!?!

Old 05-05-2010 | 04:28 PM
aus
3rd Gear
There are PLENTY of websites with no company behind them now a days. The phone is your main indication that they're GONE.
We've been trying to call a company to do an iron door, and they don't respond either but their website is still up.

They still have my exhaust that I dropped off 3 weeks ago to get adjusted. Now it's GONE.

Old 05-08-2010 | 03:52 PM
skippydog
3rd Gear
they are out of business. I stopped by the shop today and a message was on the door.

Old 05-08-2010 | 11:45 PM
willsblackmini08
5th Gear
Wow I guess that offcial.

Old 05-09-2010 | 04:30 PM
aus
3rd Gear
Some of that Personal Property is my exhaust!!

I also feel bad for the guy who worked there since its all his personal gear in there.

Old 05-29-2010 | 09:37 PM
gamblestolen
Neutral
any updates on riss?

Old 05-29-2010 | 10:03 PM
willsblackmini08
5th Gear
Personaly I think that if you have money or parts tied up with Riss Racing you should file a claim with your credit card/paypal to get your money back. Or just cut your losses and move on to something else.

Again just my .02.

Old 05-29-2010 | 10:46 PM
dunphyj
4th Gear
it's a real shame... especially since they were the only ones with an O2 sim....

Old 05-31-2010 | 06:02 PM
Ronin5729
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by dunphyj
it's a real shame... especially since they were the only ones with an O2 sim....
...which never worked...

Old 05-31-2010 | 06:09 PM
cmcveay
3rd Gear
I'm wondering if it's not just about time to lock this thread and call Riss Racing a loss to the community. Every time I start my car, I have a reminder of them when I see that sad little yellow engine symbol. I'm thankful that the 02 Sim came free with the DP, too bad it never actually worked.

I think we've reached a point where any further discussion of the company and/or the individuals is kind of like kicking a puppy...

Best of luck to Adam and all of the other guys at RR in whatever they do next.

Old 05-31-2010 | 06:31 PM
Ronin5729
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cmcveay
I'd be real hesitant to wish someone best of luck when they left a lot of people hanging and had no problem taking the money and running. You got a free O2 sim that didn't work; plenty people here paid for one that doesn't work, returned product and never got a refund, ordered and paid for product they never received, ad inifinitum...

You'd probably have something a whole lot less nice to say if you paid for that O2 sim.

Why lock it? It won't change the fact that people got hosed, and Gawd help Adam/Riss if he tries to get back on his feet again, especially if he tries slinging his vaporwear here. But guys like him are a bad penny and always turn up again somewhere else where there's unsuspecting people lining up to give them money.

Old 05-31-2010 | 09:09 PM
eg0911
3rd Gear
i must say i installed my RR catless dp on Thursday and the install went very well in regard to the RR end of things, no loss in horsepower i dont know how people managed that one.....but it is HELLA raspy, it sounds like a civic with a fart can around 3k

Old 06-01-2010 | 12:09 AM
n1tr0
5th Gear
So long as what he does next includes mopping floors or mucking out stalls and not taking peoples money and parts.

Old 06-01-2010 | 08:20 AM
skippydog
3rd Gear
Thats just the nature of business. If you dont have a good balance between products/customer service and sales then your just not going to make it. I dont think Riss made bad products. Just a loss of customer service(towards the end only), loss of money due to partner and possibly not enough sales. Companies go out of business everyday. People lose out on money/parts and there is really nothing that can be done. The thing with the sim is that its not really that great of an idea in the first place. People knew that it wasnt the best solution but still went and purchased or demanded they get it for there downpipe. I think riss should have tested the item more before releasing. However, I believe that the pressure from everyone with CEL's caused him to push the item out early.

Originally Posted by Ronin5729
I'd be real hesitant to wish someone best of luck when they left a lot of people hanging and had no problem taking the money and running. You got a free O2 sim that didn't work; plenty people here paid for one that doesn't work, returned product and never got a refund, ordered and paid for product they never received, ad inifinitum...

You'd probably have something a whole lot less nice to say if you paid for that O2 sim.

Why lock it? It won't change the fact that people got hosed, and Gawd help Adam/Riss if he tries to get back on his feet again, especially if he tries slinging his vaporwear here. But guys like him are a bad penny and always turn up again somewhere else where there's unsuspecting people lining up to give them money.

Old 06-01-2010 | 10:16 AM
Ronin5729
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by skippydog
That's just the nature of business. If you don't have a good balance between products/customer service and sales then your just not going to make it. I don't think Riss made bad products. Just a loss of customer service(towards the end only), loss of money due to partner and possibly not enough sales. Companies go out of business everyday. People lose out on money/parts and there is really nothing that can be done. The thing with the sim is that its not really that great of an idea in the first place. People knew that it wasn't the best solution but still went and purchased or demanded they get it for there downpipe. I think Riss should have tested the item more before releasing. However, I believe that the pressure from everyone with CEL's caused him to push the item out early.
I re-read the entire thread and you've posted some very constructive insight/help. I didn't see if you were a customer or just trying to help, so I wasn't sure if you had a (financial) dog in this fight...

However, given that I'm self-employed I know all to well about the nature of business. As much as I'd like to appreciate what your saying, if Adam/Riss was so concerned about the sims working properly he should have waited to ship them until he had them d!cked. If the pressure was too much for him then maybe he was in the wrong line of work to begin with.

Likewise I've seen stuff like this happen on other forums and it truly sucks, and makes it that much more difficult for the next legit guy or girl to come along and try to make a living while someone like Adam/Riss has left a bitter taste in their mouth, along with a lighter wallet...

Old 06-01-2010 | 10:24 AM
cmcveay
3rd Gear
So, you'd wish another human less than the best for their future over a couple of hundred dollars or a few car parts? Get real man, in this economy, we are lucky to have ANYONE trying to start up a new business providing products for technically advanced machines with owners who are very demanding and have expectations of perfection with every product!

I've got their DP but I before I can renew my registration, I have to change it out and run the car for a few days to clear the CEL and make sure the ECU will pass the test when it's connected. Then, if I choose to put it back on, it's another 1/2 day in the shop to swap the parts back out.

I, like everyone else who purchased RR products, went out on a limb and took a chance that it would work as advertised and guess what... It didn't work! Early adopters frequently end up in this situation as "bleeding edge" technology isn't easy.

Whether they failed in business or not, those guys are still human beings who tried - and they failed. I have no problem wishing them luck (even the best of luck) in whatever they try to do in the future and I do that without hesitation.

Sure, I still stand behind my suggestion that this thread be locked. It's a matter of public record that Riss Racing is no longer in business. There's more than enough to read if you were one of those who still has complaints - take it up with Pay Pal and/or your credit card company - and the community can roll on down the road. Kicking this puppy is getting rather old isn't it?

Of course, you are entitled to your opinions and I respect the fact that you have expressed them.

Originally Posted by Ronin5729

Old 06-01-2010 | 11:08 AM
Ronin5729
2nd Gear
We obviously disagree, but I appreciate your statement about being entitled to our own opinions...

However, as far as wishing Adam less than the best, I'm keeping it completely real. I didn't buy Riss parts to be a guinea pig for a fledgling business. They were a legit NAM vendor and had an established reputation for making BMW parts, which obviously go hand in hand (or so you would think given the corporate relationship) with MINI.

I, along with others including yourself, were mistaken. Sh!te happens, (or so my British friends say) but if in the process of collecting my money back from my credit card company I throw some ill will his way, so be it. I've never been a turn the other cheek guy and not about to start, not over a dollar, a hundred dollars or a thousand for that matter.

I'm happy with the other products on my car (Helix, RMW, M7, N-M) and although nothing ever seems to work perfect out of the box, 100% of the time, at least these vendors are of the stand up variety, and not robbing Peter to pay Paul while they know the whole time they have no intention whatsoever on making good on their promises; be they product related (as in a working O2 sim) or financial (like refunding people their money when they ask for it)...

I hope to Gawd that Adam is reading this, but more likely than not he isn't, and will be laying extremely low for some time, at least as far as this community is concerned, but if poking around car forums like this for years has taught me one thing, it's that karma is a b!itch.

So, you'd wish another human less than the best for their future over a couple of hundred dollars or a few car parts? Get real man, in this economy, we are lucky to have ANYONE trying to start up a new business providing products for technically advanced machines with owners who are very demanding and have expectations of perfection with every product!

I've got their DP but I before I can renew my registration, I have to change it out and run the car for a few days to clear the CEL and make sure the ECU will pass the test when it's connected. Then, if I choose to put it back on, it's another 1/2 day in the shop to swap the parts back out.

I, like everyone else who purchased RR products, went out on a limb and took a chance that it would work as advertised and guess what... It didn't work! Early adopters frequently end up in this situation as "bleeding edge" technology isn't easy.

Whether they failed in business or not, those guys are still human beings who tried - and they failed. I have no problem wishing them luck (even the best of luck) in whatever they try to do in the future and I do that without hesitation.

Sure, I still stand behind my suggestion that this thread be locked. It's a matter of public record that Riss Racing is no longer in business. There's more than enough to read if you were one of those who still has complaints - take it up with Pay Pal and/or your credit card company - and the community can roll on down the road. Kicking this puppy is getting rather old isn't it?

Of course, you are entitled to your opinions and I respect the fact that you have expressed them.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Trying to reach Riss Racing? Start here.