Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain 350Z owners get ripped off

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 03:52 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you'd rather not share with us what this thing actually does, could you please share the patent number so that we can read for ourselves how boosting the plasma is patent-worthy? Please let us know the patent number(s) so that we may read the actual patent on file at the patent office.

Old 12-01-2003, 08:37 AM
M7
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good Morning.....

Please do a search for plasma booster on this site and you will find more then plenty to quench your curiosity.
Ulf Ahrens the inventor of the unit he come on to disscuss the technical side of things.
I would go and search the thread for you, but I'm swamped with the business and I'm testing some new parts at the
race track.

for more technical answer call Ignition Solutions at 888-806-8948

peter horvath
562-712-3270

Old 12-03-2003, 05:52 PM
Trippy
Banned
>>Ulf Ahrens the inventor of the unit ...
>> ... call Ignition Solutions ...

Peter,
Some sites list this product as "patent pending". Could you get a status
update on the patent application?

What is the application number?

Was it accepted or denied?

What was the application date, and the inventor name?

I searched uspto.gov for
Ulf Ahrens
Ignition solutions and
plasma booster
and didn't get any hits.

By the way, you can see my patent at:
Patent # 5,245,319

Old 12-05-2003, 06:17 AM
mantronix
1st Gear
>>I LOVE this bit....
>>
>>Did you know?
>>
>>The DPS was developed by ex-NASCAR® driver; Kazuteru Wakida. He has raced in events such as the Coca Cola 500®, along-side Jeff Gordon and others.
>>
>>The head of research and development, Gerhard W. Rickert, is a graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
>>
>>The Direct Power System is internationally patented. This means it really works. (Patent# 2002-109831)
>>
>>The Direct Power System was developed in laboratories, with millions of dollars in research.
>>
>>The Direct Power System is professionally assembled in Japan under strict conditions, unlike other parts which are made in Taiwan and China in "sweat shop" conditions.
>>
>>Top automobile manufacturers have attempted developing similar units as the DPS, but K&G was the first to create and patent this technology.
>>
>>The DPS is the single hottest item in Japan since its public release 1 year ago.
>>
>>The DPS has appeared in almost every automotive performance magazine in Japan, and is soon to follow a similar path in the United States.
>>
>>The DPS is 100% water and dust proof. For vehicles with scoops or openings on the hood, the DPS will be 100% safe, and can be submerged under water and still function normally "
>>
>>
>>
>>I wonder if my Pilo Intake was manufactured in "Sweat Shop" conditions... Priceless. The real Jewel of this all is that after reading that load of horseshit someone actually clicked "Add to cart"
>>

The tip off to anyone should have been the "international patent" bit. There are no such things.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:32 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
From the Site Guidelines
We encourage you to challenge others' points of view but do so in a respectful and thoughtful manner.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:37 AM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trippy,
In Peter's defense, I can't figure out what possible motivation he would have for answering your obviously loaded questions. It would be one thing if you had brought this up in the performance mods forum, in a way that was polite and inquisitive. But this is a thread about a total joke rip-off of a product, and the plasma booster only got dragged into it because it's another little black box. Hardly an advantageous place to air the merits of HIS product, don't you agree?

Old 12-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Returning to Performance mods after moderator review and clean up

Mark