Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013 | 01:58 PM
fastNugly
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ALTA_Chris
Fasynugly, the stage 1 FMIC will give you an extra 10 WHP or so compared to the normal stage 1 tune. As long as you have a fmic installed, it'll work great.
Chris, I called and left you a VM
I wanted to ask you questions as they will sound stupid here...lol

I just want to know what I will and should expect from the normal stage 1 and then add the 10 WHP of the stage 1 FMIC once I upgrade the other mods

Old 08-28-2013 | 02:46 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Will an AP that was bought for a manual JCW work for an S automatic? Both cars have the N14 engine?

Old 08-28-2013 | 02:53 PM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Yep it'll work on the manual or auto.

Old 08-28-2013 | 03:06 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Great thanks!!

Old 09-01-2013 | 06:19 PM
fastNugly
2nd Gear
I just picked up my 2010 clubman S with stage 1 JCW.
It came like this

I also grabbed an AP tuner off another member before picking up my car.

Will this tuner work with clubman?

Its an N14 motor and stick

Old 09-01-2013 | 06:39 PM
mbwicz
6th Gear
There should be tunes loaded up for it, with options for standard throttle response or 'enhanced' response (TPS maps).

You should be all set, enjoy.

Mike

Old 09-01-2013 | 07:02 PM
fastNugly
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mbwicz
There should be tunes loaded up for it, with options for standard throttle response or 'enhanced' response (TPS maps).

You should be all set, enjoy.

Mike
Thanks Mike!
Just had to ask....Im new to mini and not sure if the JCW stage 1 will interfere with the AP tunes
Im looking for enhancement

Im also looking to do the hot side silcone tube and upgrade the FMIC
Just looking to get this puppy move a tad quicker

So all in all....I should be good to go for now with the stock pre loaded tunes and the JCW stage 1 tune I have already in the vehicle?

Thanks in advance

Old 09-01-2013 | 08:04 PM
g35mt
2nd Gear
i have access port with JCW stage one for a month of so. There is one map stage 1 tps 91 octane. The stage 1 have many variance as to the octane you use. I think i saw 92 octane as well. Now i had completely stock with just alta air filter. It was a nice little boost.

Just today, i changed it to stage 1, 91 octane, tps, fmic. Also had the aem intake install.

So yeah..if you have bone stock JCW and access port, you can go ahead set to stage 1...disclaimer, i am not responsible for your engine blow up etc...hehehe

Originally Posted by fastNugly
Thanks Mike!
Just had to ask....Im new to mini and not sure if the JCW stage 1 will interfere with the AP tunes
Im looking for enhancement

Im also looking to do the hot side silcone tube and upgrade the FMIC
Just looking to get this puppy move a tad quicker

So all in all....I should be good to go for now with the stock pre loaded tunes and the JCW stage 1 tune I have already in the vehicle?

Thanks in advance

Old 09-02-2013 | 04:30 AM
mbwicz
6th Gear
I would make sure that your intake ports don't have severe carbon buildup before getting too aggressive with the tune. You can search threads on this forum on how to check it.

Severe buildup restricts the airflow, and since this is a 'canned' tune, made for a generic vehicle, it cannot compensate for your specific vehicle.

Just run the stage 1 tune, for whatever gas that you have available in your area.

Have fun,
Mike

Old 09-02-2013 | 03:10 PM
fastNugly
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by g35mt
i have access port with JCW stage one for a month of so. There is one map stage 1 tps 91 octane. The stage 1 have many variance as to the octane you use. I think i saw 92 octane as well. Now i had completely stock with just alta air filter. It was a nice little boost.

Just today, i changed it to stage 1, 91 octane, tps, fmic. Also had the aem intake install.

So yeah..if you have bone stock JCW and access port, you can go ahead set to stage 1...disclaimer, i am not responsible for your engine blow up etc...hehehe
So you have a JCW? Or and S with a JCW tune?
How you liking the AEM intake? Thinking about switching my JCW intake for it.
Seems to be more functional

Originally Posted by mbwicz
I would make sure that your intake ports don't have severe carbon buildup before getting too aggressive with the tune. You can search threads on this forum on how to check it.

Severe buildup restricts the airflow, and since this is a 'canned' tune, made for a generic vehicle, it cannot compensate for your specific vehicle.

Just run the stage 1 tune, for whatever gas that you have available in your area.

Have fun,
Mike
Thank you sir

Old 09-10-2013 | 03:59 PM
fastNugly
2nd Gear
I recently (2 weeks ago) picked up a 2010 Mini Clubman S with stage 1 JCW tune
I just got my Alta AccessPort late last week and I'm having issues with the AP connecting to my mini.

I can get to the part selecting the tunes half the time and the other half it won't even get to that point.
This is the error I get, how do I over come this?

Once I'm able to, which tune do I select?
I know Stage 1

But I have a manual transmission and the JCW tune if that makes a difference and sort of falls into stage 2?

Thanks guys

Old 09-10-2013 | 04:16 PM
Carey P
3rd Gear
You should not run Stage 2 unless you have a 3" turbo back exhaust. I have a 2007S JCW Manual, ECU H910B and only run Stage 1 FMIC 91oct at best because I have an aftermarket larger FMIC. I would certainly not run Stage 2 unless I wanted to blow up something.
As for the error, better check the connections as it says. Never seen that before except when mine was still married to another car. I think that's a different error though. Good luck.

Old 09-10-2013 | 04:26 PM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by fastNugly
I recently (2 weeks ago) picked up a 2010 Mini Clubman S with stage 1 JCW tune
I just got my Alta AccessPort late last week and I'm having issues with the AP connecting to my mini.

I can get to the part selecting the tunes half the time and the other half it won't even get to that point.
This is the error I get, how do I over come this?
Thanks guys

Hello, usually you will get that error if the AP needs to be updated, or something isn't plugged in all the way. If it does work sometimes, make sure that you're hitting the start button twice to make the car go into the ON position. If it isn't in the ON position, the AP won't be able to talk to your ECU.

If your car is basically stock with the JCW tune, then you will want to run a stage 1 map.

Old 09-10-2013 | 05:10 PM
fastNugly
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Carey P
You should not run Stage 2 unless you have a 3" turbo back exhaust. I have a 2007S JCW Manual, ECU H910B and only run Stage 1 FMIC 91oct at best because I have an aftermarket larger FMIC. I would certainly not run Stage 2 unless I wanted to blow up something.
As for the error, better check the connections as it says. Never seen that before except when mine was still married to another car. I think that's a different error though. Good luck.
Thanks Carey!
Ill update below this

Originally Posted by ALTA_Chris
Hello, usually you will get that error if the AP needs to be updated, or something isn't plugged in all the way. If it does work sometimes, make sure that you're hitting the start button twice to make the car go into the ON position. If it isn't in the ON position, the AP won't be able to talk to your ECU.

If your car is basically stock with the JCW tune, then you will want to run a stage 1 map.
That was exactly the problem....the instruction says to press the start button once, when it is twice to get the mini into the on position.
It worked shortly after and I did load Stage 1
As Carey, I have everything he has
'JCW Manual, ECU H910B' except being a 2010 clubman S

Either way its loaded and I took my clubby for a rip and

WHOA!!!!!!!!
This mini is AWAKE!

I was having fun within the tune and now I was literally grinning ear to ear and I only had time for one trip around the block

Now, I want to get the larger intercooler and then to stage 2.

Difference between stage 1 FMIC and Stage 2 91 is the 3" Turbo Back?

Any recommendation guys on what to go with?

Im wanting more power now....or within a month as this will suffice till then

Old 09-10-2013 | 06:11 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Just seeing this thread! I told you man. It's fun as hell and YES you will now start modding your car like a madman. It's inescapable lol!

Glad you hot the issue worked out.

Old 09-10-2013 | 06:26 PM
fastNugly
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TerminalVelocity
Just seeing this thread! I told you man. It's fun as hell and YES you will now start modding your car like a madman. It's inescapable lol!

Glad you hot the issue worked out.
It was very noticeable for me.

Still got your FMIC?

Old 09-13-2013 | 02:38 PM
myR56S
3rd Gear
Good afternoon NAM,

I was hoping you might be able to answer a question for me regarding the AP for my Mini Cooper. I know that the support for the Mini AP is no longer there but I really do not have anywhere else to turn.

I have enjoyed my AP on my 2008 R56S for over a year now. But within the last couple months I have experienced a bit of smoke from the exhaust when I apply the gas petal and engage the clutch when leaving a stop. This happens a couple times a day, random.

It doesn't do it any other time but when leaving a complete stand still. I give the car about 1000-1200 RPM's and engage the clutch and a decent puff of smoke is witnessed. Pretty embarrassing. It wont do this between gears when accelerating or during heavy acceleration.

Any thoughts?

Old 09-13-2013 | 02:54 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Originally Posted by myR56S
Good afternoon NAM,

I was hoping you might be able to answer a question for me regarding the AP for my Mini Cooper. I know that the support for the Mini AP is no longer there but I really do not have anywhere else to turn.

I have enjoyed my AP on my 2008 R56S for over a year now. But within the last couple months I have experienced a bit of smoke from the exhaust when I apply the gas petal and engage the clutch when leaving a stop. This happens a couple times a day, random.

It doesn't do it any other time but when leaving a complete stand still. I give the car about 1000-1200 RPM's and engage the clutch and a decent puff of smoke is witnessed. Pretty embarrassing. It wont do this between gears when accelerating or during heavy acceleration.

Any thoughts?
Check out my thread on OCC's --- https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...c-install.html
A quick check on your turbo air inlet should let you know if you have excess crankcase pressure. Lots of controversy about this, but it's easy enough to check and eliminate as a problem.

Old 09-28-2013 | 08:21 AM
m3fan8ic
2nd Gear
Guys need help I just bought AP from another member here and I'm having trouble with not recognizing my car. It's asking to contact AP for update. How do I go about doing that?? I took a pic below of the issue. Please help thanks
Attachment 81836

Attached Thumbnails The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread-image.jpg  

Last edited by m3fan8ic; 09-28-2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: New pic
Old 09-28-2013 | 09:48 AM
Richieb0y28
4th Gear
Download the Ap manager and update the AP to the current firmware. That should help

Old 09-28-2013 | 09:50 AM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Did you download the ap manager on your computer and hook the ap to it for any updates before putting it in your car? What year is your car? Model? Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring

Unknown ROM usually means your ECU isn't known to the AP if I remember right.

Last edited by TerminalVelocity; 09-28-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-28-2013 | 10:20 AM
g35mt
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TerminalVelocity
Did you download the ap manager on your computer and hook the ap to it for any updates before putting it in your car? What year is your car? Model?

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring
I suspect he might have n18 motor.

Old 09-30-2013 | 06:46 AM
m3fan8ic
2nd Gear
Sorry for delay response guys and thanks for your tips/help. I had to download the Ap manger and update the firmware on the unit itself for it to recognize my car, once I did that it worked w/o any issue.
I have 2009 MCS with Invidia catback, and AEM intake, I chose 92 oct stage 1 option.

Old 09-30-2013 | 06:48 AM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Cool man. Glad it worked out. That's generally what the issue is.

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring

Old 09-30-2013 | 06:52 AM
m3fan8ic
2nd Gear
^^ Thanks again

Quick Reply: Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread