Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010 | 02:04 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
UPDATE (AGAIN ):

After some personal reflection on the 91 Octane Clients I have changed my mind.

$795 on the ALTA AccessPORT

When you want to order just go to our website CLICK HERE or call us to order! Happy to help! PLEASE note if ordered online it will ring up at $895 and then a $100 credit will come back to you after the sale is completed. Ordering via phone, will only be charged $795

OFFER LASTS THROUGH 10/15/2010 and is a NAM only deal!

Order quick to take advantage!!!!!

Adam @ ALTA Performance

Old 10-08-2010 | 09:02 AM
ajhenslo
Neutral
Originally Posted by MotorMouth
Break out your credit card NOW. Alta has always been able to do this with the AP. Doubtful you'll get 50mpg, but they can improve it.
Is it reasonable to expect to get near 40mpg with the "eco friendly" map on a stock MCSa? I ask b/c the gas savings could be a talking point as I try to convince the wife the AP is a worthy investment ....

Old 10-08-2010 | 10:05 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ajhenslo
Is it reasonable to expect to get near 40mpg with the "eco friendly" map on a stock MCSa? I ask b/c the gas savings could be a talking point as I try to convince the wife the AP is a worthy investment ....
Thanks for asking. On the 6-spd stick I feel very comfortable with that level of MPG in the cruise section of the mapping. As my personal driving habits, combined with the tune in my MCS backs that up routinely. The only variable would be the auto trans and the way you and I might drive.

Hope that helps!

Adam @ ALTA Performance

Old 10-08-2010 | 01:24 PM
andy7771
1st Gear
Originally Posted by callahan00
I don't think you should be using E85 in a non-Flex fuel car. It will cause a lot of damamge. If you are, you should stop. Right now. You are ruining you motor.
not necessary but bigger injectors and correct ECU are needed. I'm not running E85 now because I'm impatiently waiting for alta to have E85 mapping.

Old 10-08-2010 | 01:32 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by andy7771
not necessary but bigger injectors and correct ECU are needed. I'm not running E85 now because I'm impatiently waiting for alta to have E85 mapping.
hey why not? if you run a tune you've shown you'll take risks with your warranty. why not run gas that mini specifically says will ruin your engine and void your warranty?

/sarcasm

I'd say e85 would be a very bad idea in your MINI.

Old 10-08-2010 | 02:06 PM
fishbert
6th Gear
why would you even want to run E85?
(unless you're from Iowa, or some other region with a corn-based economy...)

Old 10-08-2010 | 08:29 PM
andy7771
1st Gear
E85 is like 105 octane and way cheaper than racing fuel.

Originally Posted by fishbert
why would you even want to run E85?
(unless you're from Iowa, or some other region with a corn-based economy...)

Old 10-08-2010 | 08:30 PM
andy7771
1st Gear
yes it'll be very bad because you will be addicted to it and hope you can have more E85 pump around you.

Originally Posted by MotorMouth
hey why not? if you run a tune you've shown you'll take risks with your warranty. why not run gas that mini specifically says will ruin your engine and void your warranty?

/sarcasm

I'd say e85 would be a very bad idea in your MINI.

Old 10-08-2010 | 09:02 PM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Is ALTA going to have staged power kits now that you have the AP available... like Perrin has the staged power kits for the Evo's and STi's?

Old 10-08-2010 | 10:16 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by andy7771
yes it'll be very bad because you will be addicted to it and hope you can have more E85 pump around you.

Please do it and let us know what kind of new MINI you order to replace it.

Old 10-09-2010 | 08:29 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by drewstermalloy
Is ALTA going to have staged power kits now that you have the AP available... like Perrin has the staged power kits for the Evo's and STi's?
YES! Working on those details now. Expect something to be released on NAM, our site and other popular haunts, very soon. It will help clients with stock cars do some "one-click" power upgrades without having to research tons of parts combos.

Thanks for asking! In the meantime if you want a Staged Kit, PM me and I'll build ya one!

Have a GREAT weekend folks!

BTW: 91 octane and Auto Guys have until next Friday to take advantage of the $100 discount on the ALTA AccessPORT!!!!!!

Old 10-09-2010 | 08:54 AM
LASRGUY
2nd Gear
AP tune for WMI?

Does ALTA plan to release any maps that support water/methanol injection or is that something that will require help from one of the certified AP tuners?

Old 10-09-2010 | 09:21 AM
czar
4th Gear
I run E85 here in the UK, and have had no trouble with the engine or cat, in fact the engine loves the stuff, my only bind is that the nearest fuel station supplying E85 is 44 miles away from my home, so I have to think before I drive any distance away from areas supplying E85, have I enough to the next available supplying station!

Old 10-09-2010 | 01:53 PM
dj.papazian
3rd Gear
Hey guys. So Ive had the AP stage 2 installed in my 09 jcw for a few weeks now. Whenever I push my car, I always have traction completely off. However, the other day, I had DTC on and punched it in 4th gear around 3k rpm. My car began accerating as the rpm needle went up and at about 4-5k the rpm needle shoots up faster than i am actuall accelerating.

I started to think my clutch was slipping for whatever reason but did not detect any burnt smell of the clutch. I tried it again with traction fully on and same thing happens. It doesn't happen everytime, only sometimes.

Is anybody else experiencing this? I would think especially because I have a jcw my clutch would be able to handle this. Any thoughts on what this could possibly be or what's causing this? Thanks!

Old 10-09-2010 | 02:21 PM
Smigetsmall
1st Gear
Originally Posted by LASRGUY
Does ALTA plan to release any maps that support water/methanol injection or is that something that will require help from one of the certified AP tuners?
I'm intending on just using a stand-alone progressive injection setup with a high boost map. Would be gr8 if there was some way of integrating a w/m injection system with the access port mapping to get the most out of it.

Old 10-10-2010 | 04:49 AM
Arnel
2nd Gear
Crap. I thought you had to clear the codes often on the autos. I can deal with just loading maps!

Old 10-10-2010 | 05:33 AM
fishbert
6th Gear
ok… I'm staying away from the site for a bit.

is anyone else seeing this?
https://i.imgur.com/o70AA.png
https://i.imgur.com/JW3PW.png

I sent a message to the site operators, and I'm hoping to hear from them soon saying it's all been straightened out.

Old 10-10-2010 | 07:08 AM
BostonR56S
Banned
Originally Posted by dj.papazian
Hey guys. So Ive had the AP stage 2 installed in my 09 jcw for a few weeks now. Whenever I push my car, I always have traction completely off. However, the other day, I had DTC on and punched it in 4th gear around 3k rpm. My car began accerating as the rpm needle went up and at about 4-5k the rpm needle shoots up faster than i am actuall accelerating.

I started to think my clutch was slipping for whatever reason but did not detect any burnt smell of the clutch. I tried it again with traction fully on and same thing happens. It doesn't happen everytime, only sometimes.

Is anybody else experiencing this? I would think especially because I have a jcw my clutch would be able to handle this. Any thoughts on what this could possibly be or what's causing this? Thanks!

Seeing that you're probably smart enough to know whether your tires were slipping or not, i'd probably say they werent.
it sounds like its your clutch- you don't have to necessarily smell the clutch when its slipping, especially ~4krpm in 4th gear, means you're prob going about 70-80, so you may not necessarily smell it at those speeds either.

My brother's modded audi had a slipping clutch, and it'd be the same situation u describe. accelerating in 3rd gear at 3k rpm under boost, it'd start "revving" without the matched acceleration.

Depending on how you drive normally, (some people wear down the clutch quicker than others, with 1st gear engagement release, downshift, rev match, etc etc), the clutch may have been worn down before the extra power-- and now with the extra power its having a hard time gripping.

I would suggest flashing your tune back to stock and seeing if you have any slipping characteristics in any gear at WOT. If you do, its def not the tune and prob the clutch. However you may not experience it since theres less power, so not sure what to tell you

Old 10-10-2010 | 01:35 PM
dj.papazian
3rd Gear
Yea before the tune I definitely did not have this power because there wasn't enough power. It may be the clutch slipping, but I was wondering if anybody else was experiencing this problem. Maybe it is my clutch slipping and may have to look for an upgraded clutch

Edit: I should also mention that this problem does not happen when my traction control is completely off, so I also don't want to say it's the clutch slipping because it would slip regardless of traction on or off I believe

Last edited by dj.papazian; 10-10-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-10-2010 | 03:28 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Hey guys,

On the water/meth, we can certainly tune for that, but not sure on how to keep it consistent for use on every clients car. I'll speak to Jeff and see what options we might have!

Hope everyone had a GREAT weekend!

Old 10-11-2010 | 11:15 AM
chakraj
5th Gear
I was going to help be a tester for the A.P. and the Alta water/Meth system (I love it by the way) and I still will, but I sprained my ankle and knee doing sports, and I cant even press my clutch in. I will need to heel before I can drive, and help.

hey no pain no gain

Thank god I have friends to drive me to work, or I would be in real trouble...

Old 10-11-2010 | 12:00 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by chakraj
I was going to help be a tester for the A.P. and the Alta water/Meth system (I love it by the way) and I still will, but I sprained my ankle and knee doing sports, and I cant even press my clutch in. I will need to heel before I can drive, and help.

hey no pain no gain

Thank god I have friends to drive me to work, or I would be in real trouble...
You young whipper snappers... when I was your age, I drove to work up hill BOTH ways....

Get over it.

Mark

Old 10-11-2010 | 12:04 PM
dj.papazian
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by fishbert
ok… I'm staying away from the site for a bit.

is anyone else seeing this?
https://i.imgur.com/o70AA.png
https://i.imgur.com/JW3PW.png

I sent a message to the site operators, and I'm hoping to hear from them soon saying it's all been straightened out.
I'm also getting this warning on my computer as well fishbert. I would think there's no malware on this website but it's ridiculously annoying going through each page of the forum having to "ignore" the warning my browser tells me.

Old 10-11-2010 | 12:12 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear

Last edited by orangecrush; 10-11-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-11-2010 | 12:23 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
There are threads about the malware warnings in the site feedback forum. let's leave this thread for the good stuff =)

Quick Reply: Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread