Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010 | 08:01 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Originally Posted by fishbert
DO NOT DO THIS!

This "solution" is about as smart as slapping electrical tape over your check engine light.
The sky is falling!

Just keep your AV updated and you wont' have a problem.

Old 10-18-2010 | 08:44 PM
DneprDave
6th Gear
If you want to visit NAM, this isn't bad advise. From what I've read, the administrators have fixed the problem. Google just hasn't caught up with it yet.

Hey, I put tape over my check engine light, on my Volvo, all the time! I know the codes my ECU throws, most are B.S. The car runs fine.

Dave

Old 10-18-2010 | 08:45 PM
fishbert
6th Gear
Originally Posted by nykwan
The sky is falling!

Just keep your AV updated and you wont' have a problem.
If you want to be so lax with your network security, be my guest. But advocating that others disable useful security features for the sole purpose of visiting one particular domain on the internet is reckless and irresponsible.

Originally Posted by DneprDave
If you want to visit NAM, this isn't bad advise. From what I've read, the administrators have fixed the problem. Google just hasn't caught up with it yet.

Hey, I put tape over my check engine light, on my Volvo, all the time! I know the codes my ECU throws, most are B.S. The car runs fine.

Dave
Actually, google has caught up with it. You probably don't know that, though, because you disabled that security feature… which now is not only not providing you any security benefits of being enabled, is also not providing any user experience benefits by being disabled.

Last edited by fishbert; 10-18-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-18-2010 | 09:04 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Originally Posted by fishbert
If you want to be so lax with your network security, be my guest. But advocating that others disable useful security features for the sole purpose of visiting one particular domain on the internet is reckless and irresponsible.

Actually, google has caught up with it. You probably don't know that, though, because you disabled that security feature… which now is not only not providing you any security benefits of being enabled, is also not providing any user experience benefits by being disabled.
Hmm...when's the last time I ever had an issue with a virus or any other kind of nasty....actually never.
I have never, ever had a nasty that wasn't caught by my AV software, Adaware or Spybot which are all running.

Relying on the browser for security would be an issue. And regarding not knowing Google fixed it...who cares? I never saw the block in the first place. I never lost 1 sec of 'user experience' trying to log on here when you got blocked.

Old 10-18-2010 | 10:18 PM
fishbert
6th Gear
Originally Posted by nykwan
Hmm...when's the last time I ever had an issue with a virus or any other kind of nasty....actually never.
I have never, ever had a nasty that wasn't caught by my AV software, Adaware or Spybot which are all running.

Relying on the browser for security would be an issue. And regarding not knowing Google fixed it...who cares? I never saw the block in the first place. I never lost 1 sec of 'user experience' trying to log on here when you got blocked.
As I said before, knock yourself out if you want to do that on your own machine. I don't run AV software at all and have never run into a virus or malware issue because I take other steps to protect myself and (most importantly) I know what risky behaviors to avoid online.

The issue is your advocacy that others disable that feature just so they can visit NAM without a warning message. People who visit this site are not all computer savvy enough to know how to protect themselves online, and disabling that feature may very well open them to risks they are not aware of or would know how to avoid on their own. *That* is what's reckless and irresponsible; not what you choose to do on your own machine.

If you care to disagree with that, I'm all ears. But please PM because this thread is not about network security — you've had a chance to offer your advice, I've had a chance to offer my warning about that advice, and we both have had a chance to explain our reasoning — it's time to get back on track here.

Old 10-19-2010 | 02:03 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
can we please take it to the site feedback forum?

Old 10-19-2010 | 06:28 AM
tacostrk
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MotorMouth
can we please take it to the site feedback forum?
Does the AP come with AV software? I dont want my mini to catch this!

Old 10-19-2010 | 07:09 AM
slopeslider
1st Gear
Tascostrk did you get your AP working? I also have a Clubman S Auto and am having similar issues around the ECU not being supported?

Old 10-19-2010 | 07:39 AM
tacostrk
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by slopeslider
Tascostrk did you get your AP working? I also have a Clubman S Auto and am having similar issues around the ECU not being supported?
Not yet supposedly it should be fixed today. Need new firmware for the AP and new maps because i guess they are different as well.

Old 10-19-2010 | 08:16 AM
M3irish
1st Gear
The Minis have a plethora of ECU revisions of which not all of them have been discovered. As the revisions are uncovered, they are added to the AP library. Adding support can take a couple of days to a week to add depending on the differences between the known and new ECU revisions.

Rob

Old 10-20-2010 | 05:39 AM
tacostrk
2nd Gear
Im finally up and going now and so far it seems to be a great tune, pulls nice and hard with no stutter and its a smooth buildup of power with no defineable hit.

Old 10-20-2010 | 07:18 AM
jbourne
4th Gear
How do you guys prevent wheelspin? Moving from 16" to 17" wheels prevented loss of traction on starts with stock performance, but with the Alta tune? Geez, there's no hope. I feel like I need 245 width or something (running 205s now). Traction control light is on all the time if I floor it.

Old 10-20-2010 | 07:25 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by tacostrk
Im finally up and going now and so far it seems to be a great tune, pulls nice and hard with no stutter and its a smooth buildup of power with no defineable hit.
NICE! Glad you got it up and running! PLEASE keep us all posted on your impressions. Thanks for the business!

Adam @ ALTA Performance

Old 10-20-2010 | 08:19 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jbourne
How do you guys prevent wheelspin? Moving from 16" to 17" wheels prevented loss of traction on starts with stock performance, but with the Alta tune? Geez, there's no hope. I feel like I need 245 width or something (running 205s now). Traction control light is on all the time if I floor it.

245s are going to rub the fenders and fender liners, even at stock height. The biggest we've been able to go without rubbing is 225s. 235s will rub a little, but fit a lot better than 245s will.

Old 10-20-2010 | 09:48 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jbourne

I'm not sure there is anything you can do for first gear. I find that I can get traction in second gear with these:

Old 10-20-2010 | 02:10 PM
slopeslider
1st Gear
Clubman S auto

Well I got mine running yesterday. Amazing improvement over stock . Overall very smooth. I do have to second the wheel spin . This puppy will break lose pretty easily now. Incredibly fun

Old 10-20-2010 | 02:24 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MotorMouth
I'm not sure there is anything you can do for first gear. I find that I can get traction in second gear with these:

LOL!!!!!

Well I got mine running yesterday. Amazing improvement over stock . Overall very smooth. I do have to second the wheel spin . This puppy will break lose pretty easily now. Incredibly fun
Heck yes! Love all the 's and 's guys!

Old 10-20-2010 | 08:50 PM
ALTA_JOHNL
Former Vendor

Last edited by ALTA_JOHNL; 11-02-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-20-2010 | 11:36 PM
LASRGUY
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ALTA_JOHNL
Through Halloween Use Coupon Code SPOOKY17 To Save 17% On The ALTA Mods
That Will Help The ALTA AccessPORT Tune Perform At An Even Higher Level.

Sweet. Just ordered the dual cat downpipe. Stage3 here I come!!!

Old 10-21-2010 | 07:43 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by LASRGUY
Sweet. Just ordered the dual cat downpipe. Stage3 here I come!!!
THANK YOU!!!!

Appreciate the support NAM!

Adam @ ALTA Performance

Old 10-21-2010 | 09:53 AM
juchong
3rd Gear
Does the discount apply to the AccessPort?

Old 10-21-2010 | 10:11 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by war6763
Does the discount apply to the AccessPort?
Thank you for asking. The ALTA AccessPORT is excluded from the sale, but the parts to go with it ARE included!

Thanks again!

Adam @ ALTA Performance

Old 10-21-2010 | 11:22 AM
odj
2nd Gear
Email sent

Old 10-21-2010 | 12:43 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by odj
Email sent
Thank you!!!!

Old 10-21-2010 | 05:29 PM
choochike
2nd Gear
What kind of boost is everyone seeing? It seems like I really have to push it to get to 15 lbs of boost and haven't seen any higher. It definitely feels more powerful, but now I'm wondering if I'm getting all that I should. And is anyone else getting hesitation before before it warms up?

Last edited by choochike; 10-21-2010 at 05:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread