Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011 | 07:44 PM
dez
4th Gear
Will the accessport ever be able to provide horsepower and torque data?

Old 07-02-2011 | 01:46 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dez
Will the accessport ever be able to provide horsepower and torque data?
exactly how is it going to measure that with any accuracy?

Old 07-02-2011 | 07:28 AM
dez
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MotorMouth
exactly how is it going to measure that with any accuracy?
Not sure... That's why I'm asking. Just thinking in terms of some of the smart phone apps out. I know they typically use a combination of gps and the accelerometer, and I guess that would be what was missing from the AP.

Just wondered if some how calculating weight + distance + speed / time.... But I'm no engineer/physicist... Just thought it would be cool if the AP could do it

Old 07-05-2011 | 05:07 PM
Performance Angst
4th Gear
I ran into a few problems with my AP this past weekend. I installed an IC and started the car prior to putting the bumper cover back on to make sure I didn't forget to tighten something. This caused an obvious CEL for the ambient air sensor. P0073 but upon reviewing the codes with the AP it also had codes P289d, P2ef2, and P2f25. I can't find any information on what these codes are. And after multiple attempts of using the AP "reset" function to clear them I simply could not get the codes to clear. Also tried disconnecting the batt. with no success. I also tried to reflash the PCM with the current installed map and the AP would not perform that function either. I was left only with the option to reflash using the map labeled Stage 0 "stock style".

My questions are: Is the stage 0 map my original map that was in the car prior to installing the AP? or is it a map that came programed on the AP? The car seems slower now using the Stage O map than before I installed the AP programmer.

Two, why couldn't I get the AP to clear the codes using the "reset" or reflash functions? and what do those other codes mean?

I hope someone has some answers.

Old 07-05-2011 | 06:18 PM
MINIutia
3rd Gear
Stage 0, clear codes.

Stage 0 is not your car's factory map. It is a general equivalent. The factory map is pulled and stored on the AP and replaced with the ALTA maps.

Uninstall the AP and it will re-install your car's factory map. Do this and ensure that all the connections are restored from any modding. Start the engine with the stock map and ensure any codes are gone.
Re-install the AP and the performance map you desire.
Should be ready to run!

Old 07-06-2011 | 07:52 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Im not trying to get flammed or anything i just really dont feel like reading a bunch of pages to get my answer. i was wondering if the accessport would be available for the 2011 mcs by the end of summer?
*if your gonna flame dont post*

Old 07-06-2011 | 08:02 AM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
Im not trying to get flammed or anything i just really dont feel like reading a bunch of pages to get my answer. i was wondering if the accessport would be available for the 2011 mcs by the end of summer?
If you are going to ask something that is asked DAILY......don't post.

Old 07-06-2011 | 08:17 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Performance Angst
I ran into a few problems with my AP this past weekend. I installed an IC and started the car prior to putting the bumper cover back on to make sure I didn't forget to tighten something. This caused an obvious CEL for the ambient air sensor. P0073 but upon reviewing the codes with the AP it also had codes P289d, P2ef2, and P2f25. I can't find any information on what these codes are. And after multiple attempts of using the AP "reset" function to clear them I simply could not get the codes to clear. Also tried disconnecting the batt. with no success. I also tried to reflash the PCM with the current installed map and the AP would not perform that function either. I was left only with the option to reflash using the map labeled Stage 0 "stock style".

My questions are: Is the stage 0 map my original map that was in the car prior to installing the AP? or is it a map that came programed on the AP? The car seems slower now using the Stage O map than before I installed the AP programmer.

Two, why couldn't I get the AP to clear the codes using the "reset" or reflash functions? and what do those other codes mean?

I hope someone has some answers.
It looks like you don't have something plugged in, the first code is related to a sensor in the intake tube to record boost, the second code is an intake air temp sensor, and the last code is a ambient air temp sensor. The codes aren't clearing because the codes come up immediately when you cycle the ignition. If you are trying to get the car back to stock, uninstall the AccessPORT. The car probably feels slower than stock with the stage 0 map because it's running the CELs.

Originally Posted by Achilles honor
It's OK, I don't think anyone has asked on this page yet . It probably won't be ready by the end of this summer, it will be after this summer, but there's not exact ETA.

Old 07-06-2011 | 05:05 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Alta Chris told me this on the telephone and I didn't have bore the room...

Old 07-06-2011 | 05:06 PM
Performance Angst
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIutia
Stage 0 is not your car's factory map. It is a general equivalent. The factory map is pulled and stored on the AP and replaced with the ALTA maps.

Uninstall the AP and it will re-install your car's factory map. Do this and ensure that all the connections are restored from any modding. Start the engine with the stock map and ensure any codes are gone.
Re-install the AP and the performance map you desire.
Should be ready to run!
Thanks for the info. I'll uninstall the AP and see what happens. I ran on the Stage 0 map for two days and no codes.

Old 07-06-2011 | 05:16 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Achilles, it seems you are behind your goals mod-wise. So far I am running DoS CAI, Alta BoV Spring, Forge FMIC, NM Discharge Pipe, NM Engine Torque Arm Insert, and the MiniFini Black Intake Scoop Grill.

Old 07-06-2011 | 10:00 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Melangell
Achilles, it seems you are behind your goals mod-wise. So far I am running DoS CAI, Alta BoV Spring, Forge FMIC, NM Discharge Pipe, NM Engine Torque Arm Insert, and the MiniFini Black Intake Scoop Grill.
I know i cant believe im lettng my rival get in front of me ive been so into work, ive been forgetting about my mods. but i have my custom magnaflow pipe on the way and waiting to install my boost gauge (I need a good instruction guide for the install) and a buncb of small mods on the way. ill get back up

Old 07-07-2011 | 09:37 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Old 07-07-2011 | 07:20 PM
Sanderskog
4th Gear
I keep asking (PM/E-mail) with no response so I'll ask here. What's the status of the JCW update to fix the bouncing throttle issue? Seems like a couple weeks back the fix was coming "next week".

Todd

Old 07-07-2011 | 11:58 PM
mini4tide
3rd Gear
Can a stage 3 tune be run if you do not have a turboback? I only have a 2.5" catback, FMIC, DDM Intake, Hot side boost tube, and JCW Intake tube? It's an auto MCS also, has ALTA come up with the stage 2 tune for these yet? Thanks. Not a noob, but the AccessPort is new to me.

Old 07-08-2011 | 07:30 AM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mini4tide
Can a stage 3 tune be run if you do not have a turboback? I only have a 2.5" catback, FMIC, DDM Intake, Hot side boost tube, and JCW Intake tube? It's an auto MCS also, has ALTA come up with the stage 2 tune for these yet? Thanks. Not a noob, but the AccessPort is new to me.
Convinced no one reads a single thing on this thread....

Cuz I'm feeling helpful:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-post1798.html

Old 07-08-2011 | 08:21 AM
rlw
3rd Gear
This was posted by Chris on June 9, 2011:
"We are working hard for a revamp of new maps for our auto customers next week."

Hey Chris, it's been 4 weeks, any news on those new maps?

Thx,

Old 07-08-2011 | 08:28 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Sanderskog
I keep asking (PM/E-mail) with no response so I'll ask here. What's the status of the JCW update to fix the bouncing throttle issue? Seems like a couple weeks back the fix was coming "next week".

Todd

Todd, sorry for the delay, the new maps that we are working on aren't quite ready yet, if you want a fix right now, PM me the complete name of the map that you are running, with the ECU code, along with your email address, thanks!

Originally Posted by mini4tide
The stage 3 tune is only for a car that is running a 3" turbo back or a car with a 2.5" catless turbo back exhaust. With your mods, you should be running a stage 1 FMIC.

Old 07-08-2011 | 08:32 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by rlw
This was posted by Chris on June 9, 2011:
"We are working hard for a revamp of new maps for our auto customers next week."

Hey Chris, it's been 4 weeks, any news on those new maps?

Thx,

I'm sorry, the new update is still not ready. We have been working on the new maps and ran into a few snags that are taking longer than we originally thought. Don't worry, they are coming. When it's ready, I'll update the thread.

Old 07-08-2011 | 04:09 PM
sooper_cooper
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ALTA_Chris
The stage 3 tune is only for a car that is running a 3" turbo back or a car with a 2.5" catless turbo back exhaust. With your mods, you should be running a stage 1 FMIC.

Chris, is that so that the car can get rid of the hot exhaust gasses more efficiently, is it a back pressure issue or is it simply because that's how the maps were tested so you're more comfortable recommending a setup in which the variables are the same?

I'm not doubting you I'm just curious as to the actual mechanics going on post turbo that makes it preferable to use a 3" exhaust system.

Old 07-08-2011 | 04:11 PM
silhouette88
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ThumperMCS
Convinced no one reads a single thing on this thread....
s/thread/forum/

Old 07-08-2011 | 04:22 PM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by sooper_cooper
Chris, is that so that the car can get rid of the hot exhaust gasses more efficiently, is it a back pressure issue or is it simply because that's how the maps were tested so you're more comfortable recommending a setup in which the variables are the same?

I'm not doubting you I'm just curious as to the actual mechanics going on post turbo that makes it preferable to use a 3" exhaust system.
Actually both, our tune was made on our 3" turbo back exhaust, which will flow more than a 2.5 catted downpipe, or a car with half a upgraded downpipe, etc.

Running a map that is too aggressive will make the car run harder than it needs to run.

Old 07-08-2011 | 04:52 PM
mini4tide
3rd Gear
You know, I'm always amazed that some of the long timers on here take the time to be nasty in their responses, even though the search engine on this site leaves A LOT to be desired. Just don't respond. How hard is that? This is an information forum, and a damn good one. I searched my issue, and I OBVIOUSLY didn't use the EXACT words needed to get my information. Sorry. No need to put your jabs in. Some folks are just so damn nasty to the newer people, it pisses me off.

Old 07-10-2011 | 06:46 PM
turtle343
4th Gear
Old 07-11-2011 | 04:42 AM
gkp
5th Gear
For those of you who are impatient for new tunes and revised tunes, understand the complexity of creating new maps for the MINI ecu. From everything I hear, it is a very long and difficult process. MINI makes it very hard for tuners to do their thing, and that fact that there are at least a few people out there willing to take on the challenge is a good thing for all of us.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread