Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011 | 04:56 PM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Joey Mojo
I have a 2010 R55 turbo with an AP running stage 1 w/ FMIC. I have been considering getting the JCW package as well lately. I am curious if the AP maps would work on the regular S with the JCW tune? I know the factory JCW model uses a larger turbo, and I've been told by the dealership that the JCW upgrade does not include the turbo. Would there be any fuel delivery problems or timing issues when combining the AP with the JCW upgrade?

The AccessPORT will work over the JCW tune, but it really wouldn't be worth purchasing the JCW package if you're just going to overwrite it with the ALTA map anyway. The JCW package pretty much comes with a tune, and different muffler, so it won't make any extra power compared to what you're making right now.

Old 10-08-2011 | 12:41 PM
Drobinson1692
4th Gear
Okay, I know it's complete heresy, but I have my AP uninstalled sitting in my college apartment after getting it from another NAM'er. I haven't gotten home to install it but i had a question. I have TDynamics 1.2 without TPMS and I HATE the stupid light saying i have low tire pressure. NO ***** sherlock, you think they're completely out of air. But anyways, can the AP deactivate the TPMS system and or keep it from bringing the light up? Thanks, Daniel

Old 10-08-2011 | 01:21 PM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Nope!

Old 10-08-2011 | 01:39 PM
richardsperry
6th Gear
Again, no, but NCS Expert can.

Old 10-08-2011 | 03:32 PM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by richardsperry
Again, no, but NCS Expert can.
What's the code for disabling TPMS? I can't find it in either of the writeups.

Old 10-09-2011 | 01:46 PM
TheMadDane
3rd Gear
Chris,

I remember reading that you had a guinea pig trying out your P&B. How's it coming? Still missing the P&B from my JCW vs my S Clubman!

Old 10-09-2011 | 01:53 PM
Scooter09
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TheMadDane
Chris,

I remember reading that you had a guinea pig trying out your P&B. How's it coming? Still missing the P&B from my JCW vs my S Clubman!
If you read farther back in this thread, I talk about it, I don't think the guy that's actually having it made for him reads this, but Jeff gave it to me to try out.

Old 10-09-2011 | 04:46 PM
TheMadDane
3rd Gear
Thanks for the answer, but it really did not address my question to "Chris".

Old 10-10-2011 | 08:17 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Drobinson1692
Okay, I know it's complete heresy, but I have my AP uninstalled sitting in my college apartment after getting it from another NAM'er. I haven't gotten home to install it but i had a question. I have TDynamics 1.2 without TPMS and I HATE the stupid light saying i have low tire pressure. NO ***** sherlock, you think they're completely out of air. But anyways, can the AP deactivate the TPMS system and or keep it from bringing the light up? Thanks, Daniel
The AccessPORT doesn't turn off the low pressure light, sorry! The AccessPORT only talks to the part of the ECU that works with the engine.

Originally Posted by TheMadDane
Chris,

There is a guy running around with a prototype P&B map. We're still working out the bugs on it. We don't have any new news, sorry! When it's ready, we will let everyone know.

Old 10-10-2011 | 10:25 AM
Joey Mojo
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ALTA_Chris
The AccessPORT will work over the JCW tune, but it really wouldn't be worth purchasing the JCW package if you're just going to overwrite it with the ALTA map anyway. The JCW package pretty much comes with a tune, and different muffler, so it won't make any extra power compared to what you're making right now.
Thanks for the reply. Wow that's pretty weak that 2 grand only gets you a tune and a muffler. I would choose to go aftermarket all the way then. Also, I can't find an Alta downpipe anywhere. Is there a new run of production or have they been discontinued?

Old 10-10-2011 | 10:30 AM
AWD_Rally
Veteran: Marine Corp
The AccessPORT doesn't turn off the low pressure light, sorry! The AccessPORT only talks to the part of the ECU that works with the engine.
He should look at the manual, find where the fuse is, and pull it. No more light.

Old 10-10-2011 | 02:45 PM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
The ALTA downpipe has been discontinued, sorry! We don't have plans right now to bring it back.

But adding other parts like our intake, inlet hose, hot side boost tube and intercooler can add a lot of power to your car. We even have a tune specifically for our aftermarket intercooler preloaded in the AccessPORT to gain the most power!

Thanks for the reply. Wow that's pretty weak that 2 grand only gets you a tune and a muffler. I would choose to go aftermarket all the way then. Also, I can't find an Alta downpipe anywhere. Is there a new run of production or have they been discontinued?

Old 10-11-2011 | 06:04 AM
Verithas
1st Gear
Are there any news about EU Version Cars?

Old 10-11-2011 | 08:25 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
No news, and no plans right now for an EU AccessPORT, sorry.

Old 10-11-2011 | 11:27 AM
Joey Mojo
3rd Gear
BUMMER!! I was just about to get one because I'd prefer to get the DP that the tune was created on. So much for stage 3, for now..

I've got pretty much everything upgraded on the intake side, running stage 1 w/ FMIC already. Chris, any other companies you would recommend for a DP

Old 10-11-2011 | 12:19 PM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
I'm leaning more and more towards the tune, then ultimately a catless turboback. Might be a stupid question, but how "safe" is stage 3 on a JCW? Just asking because it seems like almost every time someone has a piston issue, they were running stage 3.

Old 10-11-2011 | 02:47 PM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
BUMMER!! I was just about to get one because I'd prefer to get the DP that the tune was created on. So much for stage 3, for now..

I've got pretty much everything upgraded on the intake side, running stage 1 w/ FMIC already. Chris, any other companies you would recommend for a DP
We don't have any direct experience with the downpipes out there, so I couldn't tell you. Just make sure if you get a downpipe, it fits with your catback.

Originally Posted by drewstermalloy
I'm leaning more and more towards the tune, then ultimately a catless turboback. Might be a stupid question, but how "safe" is stage 3 on a JCW? Just asking because it seems like almost every time someone has a piston issue, they were running stage 3.
The ALTA maps are very safe. From what I've seen, the people that were having issues with stage 3s tunes were not running ALTA maps.

Old 10-13-2011 | 03:07 AM
pocari
2nd Gear
Might've been asked before but I'm currently running a stage 1 map with a DoS intake.

Would I be better off getting a FMIC (to run the fmic map) or an exhaust from remus (does this qualify to run stage 2 maps?)

Thanks

Old 10-13-2011 | 06:55 AM
pmmiller
1st Gear
Hello Chris,

Upgraded to stage 3 92 octane the other day and have the following issue.
During a spirited start the engine will bog down just before the shift and for a while after the shift.
Also from a cruise if you try to accelerate at brisk pace not wot the engine will bog then go.
The bog is very distinct sounds like there is plenty of boost and is ready to go but nothing but noise.

Do you have something for this?

Using the monitor it appears the ECU pulls all the ignition timing during these times.

The Details:
93 Octane
JCW Air Intake
Aftermarket Intercooler
3" Turbo back exhaust
AP-MIN-001 v1.6.3.2-2696
Vehicle: USDM Mini Auto (H910B)

Old 10-13-2011 | 07:16 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by pocari
Might've been asked before but I'm currently running a stage 1 map with a DoS intake.

Would I be better off getting a FMIC (to run the fmic map) or an exhaust from remus (does this qualify to run stage 2 maps?)

Thanks
Thanks for asking! The FMIC makes a larger improvement vs. the exhaust. So the FMIC would be best. Also, you will need to have a 3" Exhaust system to run the appropriate map when you do upgrade.

Hope that helps! Thanks again!

Old 10-13-2011 | 11:50 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by pmmiller
Hello Chris,

Upgraded to stage 3 92 octane the other day and have the following issue.
During a spirited start the engine will bog down just before the shift and for a while after the shift.
Also from a cruise if you try to accelerate at brisk pace not wot the engine will bog then go.
The bog is very distinct sounds like there is plenty of boost and is ready to go but nothing but noise.

Do you have something for this?

Using the monitor it appears the ECU pulls all the ignition timing during these times.

The Details:
93 Octane
JCW Air Intake
Aftermarket Intercooler
3" Turbo back exhaust
AP-MIN-001 v1.6.3.2-2696
Vehicle: USDM Mini Auto (H910B)

Sorry about the issue with the tune. If you could send me a datalog of this occuring, that will help. Make sure to have the AccessPORT set to record the default settings, and replicate the issue and send it to maps@altaperformance.com and we will get back to you. Thanks!

Old 10-13-2011 | 12:07 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
According to a tech at my local MINI dealership the newest jcw tuning kit includes a new exhaust manifold. He suspects it is the one for the factory JCW.

The AP is still more bang for the buck.

Old 10-13-2011 | 03:13 PM
pmmiller
1st Gear
Email sent. Thanks.

Sorry about the issue with the tune. If you could send me a datalog of this occuring, that will help. Make sure to have the AccessPORT set to record the default settings, and replicate the issue and send it to maps@altaperformance.com and we will get back to you. Thanks!

Old 11-03-2011 | 05:20 AM
Maugre
5th Gear
subscribe again .

Old 11-09-2011 | 12:42 PM
ALTAPerformance
|
Former Vendor
Thread back to where it belongs!

Quick Reply: Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread