Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Oil Catch Cans let me know what you think?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011 | 05:41 PM
gjn25
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 1FST4DR
Here is the two chamber top. You can hook up the hoses either way and it will work properly. The mesh is used to help turn the oil mist/aerosol back to a liquid and condense ion the bottom of the can. The mesh is Stainless steel so no need to worry about corrosion etc..

This is the can for the Hemi it was just a pic for you all to see the inner workings of the OCC

Old 05-23-2011 | 06:14 PM
gjn25
|
3rd Gear
Here is the sketch I just made of the single CC the duel is 2 of these side by side till the bracket is done I can't show you what it looks like I hope this helps if not I just waisted 20 min of my life . Let me know if this is not enough I will do my best to help you all out with more measurement

Attached Thumbnails Oil Catch Cans let me know what you think?-screen-shot-2011-05-23-at-9.13.46-pm.jpg  
Old 05-23-2011 | 06:45 PM
fishbert
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gjn25
Here is the sketch I just made of the single CC the duel is 2 of these side by side till the bracket is done I can't show you what it looks like I hope this helps if not I just waisted 20 min of my life . Let me know if this is not enough I will do my best to help you all out with more measurement
That'll do for now. Thanks.

Old 05-23-2011 | 06:53 PM
gjn25
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by fishbert
That'll do for now. Thanks.
no prob happy to help

Old 05-23-2011 | 08:37 PM
rohicks
2nd Gear
So is there a website dedicated to these cans or a group buy thread?

Old 05-23-2011 | 08:49 PM
gjn25
|
3rd Gear
Catch Cans are available at http://www.custombilletstore.com/
They are a featured product on the main page

Old 05-23-2011 | 09:01 PM
rohicks
2nd Gear
Good price.
What's the eta on the dual cans? I don't think i saw anything about it through the thread other then it being in production.

Old 05-23-2011 | 09:08 PM
gjn25
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rohicks
Good price.
What's the eta on the dual cans? I don't think i saw anything about it through the thread other then it being in production.
No eta as of yet but it will be very soon tho!!! Final fitting of prototype hopefully later this week

Old 05-23-2011 | 09:11 PM
rohicks
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gjn25
No eta as of yet but it will be very soon tho!!! Final fitting of prototype hopefully later this week
Cool. I'm interested in them. I'll keep checking in for updates.

I'm assuming they come with all proper fittings/clamps and mounting hardware? I saw on the site you can add in the hose.

Old 05-23-2011 | 09:18 PM
gjn25
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rohicks
Cool. I'm interested in them. I'll keep checking in for updates.

I'm assuming they come with all proper fittings/clamps and mounting hardware? I saw on the site you can add in the hose.
Yes it comes with everything and the hose is included in the $135 (if you select the hose you will see its free). The only thing that is extra is custom anodized colors witch are $25 more.

Old 05-24-2011 | 06:46 AM
1FST4DR
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by killerfox
I ordered one from them last week and it shipped friday, I gues I will have to wait to see if I get the new design or the old.
There is only one design as of right now. And that is the design in the pic I posted above.

1 line in and one line out.

As for the duel Can it will be two cans mounted on one bracket. As most of you know there isn't much room in the engine bay so we are working to make sure it is easy to empty,install etc..

Thanks everyone for their interest..

Old 05-24-2011 | 01:11 PM
djdraddy
Banned
Hey GJN25,

Do you have anything to do with this company?

Old 05-24-2011 | 01:30 PM
1FST4DR
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by djdraddy
Hey GJN25,

Do you have anything to do with this company?
Being new to the platform GJN25 has been very helpful with developing the new catch can for you guys.

He sees no financial gains. Hes just a man that loves his car

Old 05-24-2011 | 01:38 PM
gjn25
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 1FST4DR
Being new to the platform GJN25 has been very helpful with developing the new catch can for you guys.

He sees no financial gains. Hes just a man that loves his car
Thanks, I really do love my car! I m just helping them that's all to bring this to the market for us. That why I answer question, that I can, for the vendor but I do not work for them. (wish I did there place is sweet!!!)

Old 05-24-2011 | 02:18 PM
jomama
4th Gear
will the included hoses fit the 2011 mcs? i don't see why they wouldn't, but i'd like some confirmation prior to purchasing. thanks!

Old 05-24-2011 | 05:14 PM
djdraddy
Banned
I'm not so concerned with financial gain etc. My issue is that I just visited the site that was referenced in his posting. http://www.custombilletstore.com/ I have to say I was a bit shocked at abundance of grammatical errors, malapropos, redundancies, sentence fragments, etc.

"Except no other imitations."
This phrase is used throughout the site... What does this mean? I think they mean "accept no imitations." but who knows?

I couldn't read more than a few sentences without a glaring error of one sort or another distracting me. It's not just in one place, it's throughout the entire site.

The site really communicates poorly and reflects badly on the company, its products and its people. Sort of like sending out your resume with spelling errors, very unprofessional.

Whoever is responsible for the company and the site would be very well served by spending a little coin to have the entire site reviewed and proof read by a professional.

Sorry for the rant but first rule in business is "Don't make yourself look like a schmuck"

Good luck with your catch can.

Last edited by djdraddy; 05-24-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-24-2011 | 08:04 PM
gjn25
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jomama
will the included hoses fit the 2011 mcs? i don't see why they wouldn't, but i'd like some confirmation prior to purchasing. thanks!
I would love to say yes it will fit but till they test fitting they can't. should be really soon tho!

Old 05-24-2011 | 09:14 PM
fishbert
6th Gear
I disdain malapropos as much as anyone... but jeez, you really put the "****" in "grammar ****"!

Old 05-24-2011 | 09:19 PM
gjn25
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by fishbert
I disdain malapropos as much as anyone... but jeez, you really put the "****" in "grammar ****"!

Old 05-24-2011 | 09:43 PM
djdraddy
Banned
Yeah that maybe true, my standards are high. I guess I'm the one with the problem!

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. I'm seeing this more and more it's very bad.

But seriously, there should be zero tolerance for this. Every time someone opens a company's website that company gets to do a sales presentation to a prospective customer. I just think it's a disappointing way to lose customers.

Maybe the biggest problem is that someone thinks I'm a "grammar ****" because I'm offended by this problem. Mediocracy has become the standard, and incompetence is the acceptable. Wow! Just how low will we go?

Old 05-24-2011 | 09:58 PM
fishbert
6th Gear
If they were a publishing house, I could see how they might lose customers... but they're not; they have an interesting and slick catch can design, and that's what I'm after.

Sure, they might consider get it proofed by an English major on break at McDonald's... but I can understand if they might have other priorities with running their small business.

Old 05-24-2011 | 10:37 PM
djdraddy
Banned
Holy Crap! Things are much worse than I thought.

So let me get this straight... You say it's OK to send out a resume with errors in spelling, grammar, etc. as long as you're not applying for an Copy Editor's position. Everyone else doesn't need to know how to read and write.

This shouldn't be acceptable in high school much less on a corporate website viewable by the world. This is unprofessional regardless of who the potential customer is. Just because you sell to illiterates doesn't mean you need to be one!

This is like some crazy Twilight Zone episode. Imagine this... you actually seem to be proud of your position. I'm sorry but that's very disappointing a quite a bit scary.

Old 05-24-2011 | 10:46 PM
gjn25
|
3rd Gear
Yeah that maybe true, my standards are high. I guess I'm the one with the problem!

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. I'm seeing this more and more it's very bad.

But seriously, there should be zero tolerance for this. Every time someone opens a company's website that company gets to do a sales presentation to a prospective customer. I just think it's a disappointing way to lose customers.

Maybe the biggest problem is that someone thinks I'm a "grammar ****" because I'm offended by this problem. Mediocracy has become the standard, and incompetence is the acceptable. Wow! Just how low will we go?
I agree with what you are saying about the world today society it self as a whole is for lack of a better word dumbing down. Now on the other hand please do not take this as an attack on you for what you are saying about this company and many others out there but is there not a better way, a nicer way of maybe helping them fixing there problem and truly lets face it this may not be the best place to go on about this (maybe a new thread ). I make no excuse for this company just because I'm helping them and I like them, but they are a CNC shop they move products all over the world hundreds of OCC a month along with tons of other billet products that most would not even think of. There Website tho it is important as the face of the company to the web world it is not there biggest concern (but it is important). For them its about the quality of what they make and how happy or unhappy there customers are. They are a small company with very high out put for there size that still cares about every product and everyone of there customers like if you are the only one they are working for and that is more important at least in my eyes then any grammar errors on some website. That's why when I spoke to them directly for the first time I said to my self these are the the ones that I would like to work with on some of my crazy ideas. Sorry to go off topic like this I just needed to say this and again djdraddy please do not think I'm attacking you in anyway because I am not meaning too. Now lets talk more about the OCC

Oh and FYI I have a learning disability so my grammar and spelling for the most part SUCK!!! so sorry for any of my errors I have grown to live with it and work every day to make it better but hey it is what it is and now I just make fun of my self for it and move on

Old 05-24-2011 | 11:15 PM
djdraddy
Banned
gjn25, my original post to this issue was just what you suggest... I identified a problem and recommended the engagement of a Professional Copy Writer and Proof Reader to address the issue.

I'm sorry but no business owner, regardless of education level or literacy, should be happy with mediocracy in anything connected with his business. I know I wouldn't!.

If someone brought to my attention errors or mistakes in anything that I put forth to represent my company, my products, or my people, I would be embarrassed by my oversight, I would correct it, and make sure it never happened again. I would not be angry with the messenger for pointing out my mistake. That's just stupid, and stupid doesn't stay in business very long.

I'm not the bad guy here. But you know what they say...No good deed goes un-punished!

Once again... Good Luck with your catch Can!

Old 05-24-2011 | 11:23 PM
gjn25
|
3rd Gear
gjn25, my original post to this issue was just what you suggest... I identified a problem and recommended the engagement of a Professional Copy Writer and Proof Reader to address the issue.

I'm sorry but no business owner, regardless of education level or literacy, should be happy with mediocracy in anything connected with his business. I know I wouldn't!.

If someone brought to my attention errors or mistakes in anything that I put forth to represent my company, my products, or my people, I would be embarrassed by my oversight, I would correct it, and make sure it never happened again. I would not be angry with the messenger for pointing out my mistake. That's just stupid, and stupid doesn't stay in business very long.

I'm not the bad guy here. But you know what they say...No good deed goes un-punished!

Once again... Good Luck with your catch Can!
Thank you and you are not the bad guy at all you only are bringing up very valid points.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Oil Catch Cans let me know what you think?