Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain air from the scoop

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012 | 10:01 AM
genik
|
5th Gear
air from the scoop

Guys what do you think about this intake system for the R56?

http://www.ddmworks.com/MiniStore/MI...ke_system.html

is it worth it? has anyone tried it?

Old 09-20-2012 | 10:15 AM
SooperCuperErik
4th Gear
Are you serious or trolling? With almost 300 posts I'd assume you'd have seen the many threads on this intake?
Please...

Old 09-20-2012 | 10:19 AM
genik
|
5th Gear
im sorry i had no idea, thought it was something new, how shall i look for it?

Old 09-20-2012 | 10:28 AM
SooperCuperErik
4th Gear
Old 09-20-2012 | 11:26 AM
mikeyb74
6th Gear
wow! What is this VWvortex?

Old 09-20-2012 | 11:30 AM
SooperCuperErik
4th Gear
If you mean by the sense of vwvortex also being a vbulletin forum then yes. Or any forum for that matter. Its always understood to use the search function before asking a question... I believe its even on the guidelines for posting a new thread, but I could be wrong about that one.

Its just much more useful to compile good information all within one thread. In addition, the people who have experience/answers, won't want to re-type everything they've already experienced/answered previously in another thread. It then wastes readers time, the people who've answered previously's time, and makes it harder for others searching to find a valuable thread.

Try starting a 'which exhaust is the best' thread on the drivetrain forum and watch what your responses are.

Old 09-20-2012 | 11:38 AM
genik
|
5th Gear
wow thanx SooperCuperErik (nice name btw hehe)
so many posts im gonna be reading for a month to get an idea on this... does anyone have a resume on this intake system? is it good or bad, or nothing in particular? is it worth the purchase?

Old 09-20-2012 | 11:42 AM
mikeyb74
6th Gear
Originally Posted by SooperCuperErik
If you mean by the sense of vwvortex also being a vbulletin forum then yes. Or any forum for that matter. Its always understood to use the search function before asking a question... I believe its even on the guidelines for posting a new thread, but I could be wrong about that one.

Its just much more useful to compile good information all within one thread. In addition, the people who have experience/answers, won't want to re-type everything they've already experienced/answered previously in another thread. It then wastes readers time, the people who've answered previously's time, and makes it harder for others searching to find a valuable thread.

Try starting a 'which exhaust is the best' thread on the drivetrain forum and watch what your responses are.
I know everything you stated above and agree with it being more useful to have good information compiled in one thread not 20 different threads. We should be glad the search function works on this forum because it sure doesn't function correctly on others I'm on. It drives me nuts when there 20 threads asking the samething everyday. Day in and day out. It was like that over on bimmerforums and vwvortex when I was a member on both. What also drive me crazy was how others would respond. Anyways enough of that.

Back on topic OP I don't really know anything about this intake. I'm planning on going with the AEM setup myself.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-from-aem.html

Last edited by mikeyb74; 09-20-2012 at 12:12 PM.