Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Opinions and Question About Mods (N18)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 06:14 PM
TonyCheckraise
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NewCooperFanatic
Damn, well hopefully everything came out uninjured from that. Hopefully you get a sweet rental lol. I had a similar incident, the initial estimate seemed far to high....these cars tend to reflect BMW prices for repairs haha. But I never got any left over money =[, and I know there was a big chunk of that check that wasn't used. Seems like you have a chill repair guy....that extra money coming your way would be awfully nice!
Yes no one was hurt! Just my poor car!

Old 10-09-2013, 06:05 AM
TonyCheckraise
4th Gear
What do you guys think about running a mix of 93 octane with a few gallons of 100 octane or maybe a few gallons of E85 with the mods that I have listed? I'm gonna go to the drag strip this weekend and I'm wondering if I could see any gains, even small, from it?

Old 10-14-2013, 06:40 AM
TonyCheckraise
4th Gear
Well, Got out to the drag strip yesterday.

The weather was pretty awesome, 70˚ and Sunny.

I was able to squeak this run with the Mods in my sig.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:28 AM
RobMuntean
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's awesome! I've seen most tuned and bolt on R56+ get around the high 13's. Bet you were happy with the results.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:54 AM
TonyCheckraise
4th Gear
I have mixed feelings about it. It's sweet to have a 13-second Mini, but there's still so much more to do.

Even though I have the 2nd cat and res cut out, the majority of the exhaust is still stock and still has the factory choke points. I need to get an actual exhaust on there.

I also was running stock intake because the NM one I had on there was a hassle, my parking lot at work is gravel and I kept having to clean the oiled filter every couple of weeks from dust.

I also feel like I could be faster just by getting a better launch, I still wheel hop through first gear and bark hard into 2nd... That's all lost time. If I could get this car to hook, I might be able to pick up a few 10ths as it sits right now. With a real exhaust and an open intake at the track, I don't think low low 13's are impossible.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:10 AM
RobMuntean
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TonyCheckraise
I have mixed feelings about it. It's sweet to have a 13-second Mini, but there's still so much more to do. Even though I have the 2nd cat and res cut out, the majority of the exhaust is still stock and still has the factory choke points. I need to get an actual exhaust on there. I also was running stock intake because the NM one I had on there was a hassle, my parking lot at work is gravel and I kept having to clean the oiled filter every couple of weeks from dust. I also feel like I could be faster just by getting a better launch, I still wheel hop through first gear and bark hard into 2nd... That's all lost time. If I could get this car to hook, I might be able to pick up a few 10ths as it sits right now. With a real exhaust and an open intake at the track, I don't think low low 13's are impossible.
I agree maybe free flowing piping like a 2.5" will be good enough if you want to add a bit to the exhaust. But I wouldn't change the muffler much, no need for it IMO.

And that's actually the reason I went back to stock! My car now runs so much better with it on then with an open intake. I lost some horses when I had that thing on by DDM. I'm gonna have to take my car out to the strip someday.