Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Burger Motorsports (BMS) Tune(s)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 06:56 AM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by wzabrouski
Do you have the details about the wifi adapter? The link is not pulling it up. I have used the Palmer products before and they are great.
Sorry about that. Fixed the link in the original post. But here it is:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA1EF0SN5964

Old 11-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Roxspin72
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same here I want to pull the trigger on the ap, but useless if the wifi adapter is an arm and a leg...

Old 11-03-2013, 07:03 AM
wzabrouski
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone using one of these on an R60? I am currently using an ultra gauge but the ultra gauge cannot read trouble codes on the R60 but does on the R56. Spoke with UG a number of months back and they states that Mini must have changed something in the way the R60 sends codes out.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:13 AM
wzabrouski
5th Gear
Out of stock...

Old 11-03-2013, 07:21 AM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Out of stock...
Ah crap. Sorry I didn't even pay attention that.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:20 AM
RoyalCooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by cerenkov
With the iPhone you CANNOT use bluetooth - MUST use wifi. For android you can use bluetooth but I never tried it with an android phone. The nice thing about android is that you can pickup a used phone for cheap and have it as a dedicated display (iPhones are more expensive on the used market)
Not true; there are Bluetooth adapters that work. They just have to be iOS compliant. (meaning not every one will work). For example the GoPoint version is an approved one.

http://gopointtech.com/products/

Of course, like any Apple accessory it's a bit pricey

These also pop up on eBay from time to time. I actually got the hard wire version GoPoint makes (has the old style iPhone connector though). The reason I did this is because it also charges the phone as you go. Be careful with using the WiFi or Bluetooth version, I've heard that some may drain your MINI battery if left plugged in with the car off.

There are other work arounds though if you want to go the cheaper/non iOS approved adapter route...those Bluetooth modules work fine if you are jailbroken and get roqyBT
(if you go this way and DashCommand™ is still on sale you may be able to put a whole set up together for under $30)

Do a search, because there are other threads specifically about DashCommand™ iPhone and WiFi / Bluetooth here on NAM that will prove helpful

Best of luck

Last edited by RoyalCooper; 11-03-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:46 AM
RoyalCooper
3rd Gear
Do you have the details about the wifi adapter? The link is not pulling it up. I have used the Palmer products before and they are great.

The wifi adapter I bought is:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA1EF0SN5964

The nice thing about this adapter is that it flashes a blue and red light so you can tell if it is ON and transmitting. And it has a ON/OFF pushbutton so you don't have to unplug it (I generally leave mine on and it hasn't drained the battery yet).

Out of stock...
Maybe this will work for you:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Bluetooth-Wi-Fi-OBD2-OBD-II-Car-Diagnostic-Interface-Scanner-Code-Reader-/310674162078?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item48559f819e

Old 11-03-2013, 08:46 AM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RoyalCooper
Not true; there are Bluetooth adapters that work. They just have to be iOS compliant. (meaning not every one will work). For example the GoPoint version is an approved one.

http://gopointtech.com/products/

Of course, like any Apple accessory it's a bit pricey
I stand corrected, but you're right at three times the cost... The one I have even has an on/off button so you don't have to worry about unplugging it so I've never had battery drain issues and I leave it on most of the time.

I would go hardwire if I had a dedicated device for this.

Question... does the bluetooth of the OBDII device conflict with the bluetooth of the car for the phone especially if you get a incoming call? In my experience with wifi there are no issues.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:52 AM
RoyalCooper
3rd Gear
I would go hardwire if I had a dedicated device for this.

Question... does the bluetooth of the OBDII device conflict with the bluetooth of the car for the phone especially if you get a incoming call? In my experience with wifi there are no issues.
As far as the hardwire having to be for a dedicated device...not so, I just unplug the iPhone and take it when I get out of the car...it's just like unplugging it when it's charging at home.

With regards to the bluetooth conflict...very good point, but I have no experience so I really don't know.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:03 AM
rckrzy1
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
eBay wifi elm iPhone was $21 shipped

Old 11-03-2013, 10:00 AM
sbninja
3rd Gear
I recently bought an ELM wifi off ebay works fine.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:16 AM
yesti
5th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by maupassant

Thanks

So nothing to worry about as it seems thats it's normal that timing pulls up from 0 to 2,3.
We supposedly have RON95 fuel here (i'm from Mauritius on the other side of the globe) and hopefully the JB+ will be a nice upgrade when I do go for it.
RON95 seems to translate to US 91 octane. You would do well to turn the JB+ down to 11'oclock to avoid problems.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:56 PM
pepperwhiteknight
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
https://www.dropbox.com/s/su21py5qk9p0ixh/Graph.png
Midway through 5th gear the timing gets pulled?

Attached Thumbnails Burger Motorsports (BMS) Tune(s)-graph.jpg  
Old 11-03-2013, 08:17 PM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Originally Posted by pepperwhiteknight
https://www.dropbox.com/s/su21py5qk9p0ixh/Graph.png
Midway through 5th gear the timing gets pulled?
Did you let up on the throttle? Why did the RPM's drop there in 5th?

Old 11-03-2013, 08:50 PM
pepperwhiteknight
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I don't think I did AFR spikes to 29 when I let off to shift to the next gear.
Timing looks like it slopes upwards until gear 5 where it has about 3 degree dip in the middle of the gear (now circled in red). Definitely going to be playing with Dash Command for awhile.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7v0qwu7tbn...20-%20Copy.png

Old 11-04-2013, 05:42 AM
rckrzy1
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't think I did AFR spikes to 29 when I let off to shift to the next gear.
Timing looks like it slopes upwards until gear 5 where it has about 3 degree dip in the middle of the gear (now circled in red). Definitely going to be playing with Dash Command for awhile.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7v0qwu7tbn...20-%20Copy.png
not realy a spike more like it's just shutting down fuel while off throttle or making a shift, mine does the same. In my old school GM fly by wire it does that for abuse mode, keeps you from hitting tranny to hard.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:44 AM
miniwpbear
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just ordered the JB+ last night. I plan to try it on a 2013 Convertible for my wife and then permanently install on my Paceman.

I always use 93 fuel but I thought about those long road-trips and what if the station only has 91. Would I have to remove or adjust the JB+ at the station?

Old 11-04-2013, 07:26 AM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniwpbear
I just ordered the JB+ last night. I plan to try it on a 2013 Convertible for my wife and then permanently install on my Paceman. I always use 93 fuel but I thought about those long road-trips and what if the station only has 91. Would I have to remove or adjust the JB+ at the station?
Don't kid yourself...go ahead and order the second one you're going to want it.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:30 AM
cerenkov
6th Gear
I don't think I did AFR spikes to 29 when I let off to shift to the next gear. Timing looks like it slopes upwards until gear 5 where it has about 3 degree dip in the middle of the gear (now circled in red). Definitely going to be playing with Dash Command for awhile. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7v0qwu7tbn...20-%20Copy.png
It looks like timing did retard but then it started to advance again. See if you can repeat it.

I need to find a road where I can wind it out in 5th.

This stuff is fun.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:13 AM
miniwpbear
4th Gear
What are the effects of the Sport mode with the JB+ installed? Is it safe to still turn on the Sport Mode with this installed?

Old 11-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Mcameron
4th Gear
Originally Posted by miniwpbear
What are the effects of the Sport mode with the JB+ installed? Is it safe to still turn on the Sport Mode with this installed?
if anything, ide imagine its safer to run in sport mode...

..when sport mode is engaged, the engine runs cooler (coolant temps in sport mode are ~180 vs ~210 when not in sport mode), ide imagine this added cooling will help to reduce the chance of detonation.

FWIW, i only run in sport mode and have yet to experience an issue since i installed my JB+ 3K miles ago.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:35 AM
yesti
5th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Mcameron
if anything, ide imagine its safer to run in sport mode...

..when sport mode is engaged, the engine runs cooler (coolant temps in sport mode are ~180 vs ~210 when not in sport mode), ide imagine this added cooling will help to reduce the chance of detonation.

FWIW, i only run in sport mode and have yet to experience an issue since i installed my JB+ 3K miles ago.
Increased cooling full time in sport mode is a 2013 thing. Earlier S cars do not automatically drop temps when in sport mode. Blasting the AC high fan, coldest temp does trigger full cooling though (at least with manual AC)

Last edited by yesti; 11-04-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Fooj GP
2nd Gear
I installed the jb+ friday and ran it over the weekend and i have it set at 10 oclock or 35%?. I ntoice that it takes off a lot harder in the low gears but once i get past 3k it seems to like to it drops off. I almost want to say it pulled hard in the upper rpms when it was stock. I like to jack up the dial to stock (50%) but ill have to wait for more testing.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:46 PM
MINI4LYF
3rd Gear
Installed the JB+ almost a month ago but just got the Can Tool and my boost is only peaking at 14psi...any ideas? Running a ddmworks race cai. I definitely feel the extra oomph from the JB+ but expected to be pushing 16-17 psi

Old 11-04-2013, 03:51 PM
PenguinOnTheTelly
2nd Gear
DDM Works RIS / JB+

Originally Posted by MINI4LYF
Installed the JB+ almost a month ago but just got the Can Tool and my boost is only peaking at 14psi...any ideas? Running a ddmworks race cai. I definitely feel the extra oomph from the JB+ but expected to be pushing 16-17 psi
I also have a DDM Works RIS installed on my '13 S (Manual). I've noticed that the boost varies directly with the ambient air temp. The lower the temperatures the lower the boost. I've hit as high as 17.5 psi on mine in the stock JB+ setting. When temps are in the 30's-40's-50's it typically will max out somewhere between 14-16 psi. I'm perfectly satisfied with the stock setting with my current bolt ons. The ECM adjusts the turbo's psi to provide the proper amount of oxygen for the fuel being administered for the given load placed on the engine (or so I've been told). So when the air is cold and dense more O2 is available at any given pressure; hence the turbo is not taxed as hard. If I've messed this explanation up I'm sure someone will fix it for me.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Burger Motorsports (BMS) Tune(s)