Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Manic Motorsport brings us N18 owners OBD II Tuning! Solution is finally here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 01:51 AM
johntotah94
6th Gear
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Pushing to schedule the turbo install and tune for next week. Hope all goes well. Without asking. Nick said he is updating the tune files. Lowering coolant temp and turning off the noisy cold start mode. (At least on my Stage 3 map). He said lowering temps mean less knock and safer power.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:17 AM
wzabrouski
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have hear little discussion of a colder spark plug being specified by Manic? Is there a plug they are suggesting for each stage?

Old 08-20-2014, 06:27 AM
MarioKart
Vendor
Received 115 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by wzabrouski
I have hear little discussion of a colder spark plug being specified by Manic? Is there a plug they are suggesting for each stage?
Manic suggest the plugs NGK makes for the brand new Mitsubshi EVO. I forget the exact model, but the Mitsubishi parts guy will know

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 08-20-2014, 11:28 AM
wzabrouski
5th Gear
Appears to be the NGK ILKR8E6

Old 08-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Systemlord
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by MarioKart
Manic suggest the plugs NGK makes for the brand new Mitsubshi EVO. I forget the exact model, but the Mitsubishi parts guy will know
Do these plug have the same amount of threads and what heat range are they compared to the OEM plugs the Way sells?

Old 08-20-2014, 01:42 PM
EuroTechsAZ
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We use the ILKR8E6 also known as NGK 1422.
There is a newer evo plug (NGK 91448) but it is harder to come by and cost more for the same heat range/gap and materials.

The heat range 8
With 6mm gap

1 step colder than stock MINI plugs. Fit like stock

Old 08-20-2014, 01:52 PM
MikewithaMini
5th Gear
Originally Posted by EuroTechsAZ
We use the ILKR8E6 also known as NGK 1422.
There is a newer evo plug (NGK 91448) but it is harder to come by and cost more for the same heat range/gap and materials.

The heat range 8
With 6mm gap

1 step colder than stock MINI plugs. Fit like stock

And with the tune, you'd run this plug for Stage 2 C(?) and Stage 3 with DP and Meth additions?

Old 08-20-2014, 01:56 PM
EuroTechsAZ
Former Vendor
we run them with all tunes but all our customers are stage 2 or higher.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:34 PM
wzabrouski
5th Gear
we run them with all tunes but all our customers are stage 2 or higher.
I will probably be getting a set of these since I will have the stage 2 and stage 3. Even though I will never use stage 3.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:16 PM
EuroTechsAZ
Former Vendor
I will probably be getting a set of these since I will have the stage 2 and stage 3. Even though I will never use stage 3.
What hardware have you changed for a Stage 3? I didn't see a turbo swap in your list of mods. Or are you talking about Map C? Manic has recently changed the "stages" due to restrictions on running catless down pipes in certain states.

Stage 1 is stock car
Stage 1+ is all the stage 2 mods less downpipe
Stage 2 is FMIC, downpipe, air intake
Stage 2+ adds meth to stage 2
Stage 3&4 are serious business. IE hybrid turbos , ported heads, cams and fully build engine...

Old 08-20-2014, 04:31 PM
Roxspin72
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What hardware have you changed for a Stage 3? I didn't see a turbo swap in your list of mods. Or are you talking about Map C? Manic has recently changed the "stages" due to restrictions on running catless down pipes in certain states.

Stage 1 is stock car
Stage 1+ is all the stage 2 mods less downpipe
Stage 2 is FMIC, downpipe, air intake
Stage 2+ adds meth to stage 2
Stage 3&4 are serious business. IE hybrid turbos , ported heads, cams and fully build engine...

I though there were three Maps under stage II?

I was looking to have 4 Maps to switch from

• Stock : But still eliminate CEL due to DP
  • Stage II MAP A Street Daily Driver (I.e.Spirited Driving)No CEL like stock
  • Stage II MAP B Methanol/Water Injection set up for 80/20
  • Stage II MAP C Race Gas and or Ethanol E85 mixture (High Octane)
This way
  • Stock for the Dealer, and or wifey, LOL...
  • MAP A, incase I run out of Meth.
  • MAP B, Primary Target Zone
  • MAP C, it's time to tear some shitz up

Old 08-20-2014, 04:51 PM
wzabrouski
5th Gear
What hardware have you changed for a Stage 3? I didn't see a turbo swap in your list of mods. Or are you talking about Map C? Manic has recently changed the "stages" due to restrictions on running catless down pipes in certain states. Stage 1 is stock car Stage 1+ is all the stage 2 mods less downpipe Stage 2 is FMIC, downpipe, air intake Stage 2+ adds meth to stage 2 Stage 3&4 are serious business. IE hybrid turbos , ported heads, cams and fully build engine...
Stage 2+ The classification is confusing to me. Does anyone have a clear explanation for the stages? Someone mentioned different levels within each stage? A, B & C??

Old 08-20-2014, 05:14 PM
EuroTechsAZ
Former Vendor
Stage 2+ The classification is confusing to me. Does anyone have a clear explanation for the stages? Someone mentioned different levels within each stage? A, B & C??
I don't have the full listing of what stage 2+ as the details are still coming in.
I believe it would be Turbo back exhaust, intake ,FMIC plus meth since stage 2 doesn't "require" meth as a hardware upgrade.

The stages are Hardware or what mods you have. The ABC is the maps you can pick once switchable software is loaded into your DME.

Technically you have 4 maps since stock is there but it is just stock
So you will throw a check engine light on stock map if cat less.

The maps are tailored to your car and needs. example below from a GP2

Map A : 1.3 bar boost, 91 octane
Map B : 1.4 bar boost, 91 octane
Map C : 1.5 bar boost, 100 Octane or Water/meth

Water meth injection has the same timing curve as race gas BTW so it is either or.

Also E85 or any blend of it, will not be an option at the moment as the stock injectors or fuel pump will not flow enough fuel to support the horsepower. E85 is less efficient than gas so it requires ~15% more fuel to achieve the same horsepower level.

I heard rumors of secondary set of normal intake mounted injectors but with the meth cars getting close to the 300whp mark you will need more than injectors to get much further past those numbers.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:30 PM
wzabrouski
5th Gear
This is what I was told Map C needed for my car..

Mode C (for this car) runs 1.5 bar and aggressive timing intended for 93 octane plus methanol on top, 500cc meth.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:39 PM
EuroTechsAZ
Former Vendor

Mode C (for this car) runs 1.5 bar and aggressive timing intended for 93 octane plus methanol on top, 500cc meth.
Sounds right to me. Will be interested to hear how it feels in an ALL4. We have only done R56's so we started calling Map C (tire destroying mode) but you shouldn't have that issue.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:43 PM
wzabrouski
5th Gear
Sounds right to me. Will be interested to hear how it feels in an ALL4. We have only done R56's so we started calling Map C (tire destroying mode) but you shouldn't have that issue.
I would refer to it as All4 destroying mode. Don't know if I will use it. Not sure the All4 can handle it.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:51 PM
CPap
4th Gear
I would refer to it as All4 destroying mode. Don't know if I will use it. Not sure the All4 can handle it.
Been running map c for two weeks now. 93 oct gas and meth on hybrid turbo. Never see anything above 11.9 a/f. No timing drops either. Won't run it all the time but sure is a blast!

Old 08-20-2014, 05:59 PM
wzabrouski
5th Gear
Originally Posted by CPap
Been running map c for two weeks now. 93 oct gas and meth on hybrid turbo. Never see anything above 11.9 a/f. No timing drops either. Won't run it all the time but sure is a blast!
All4? Auto?

Old 08-20-2014, 06:14 PM
CPap
4th Gear
All4? Auto?
You've asked me before. :0) Yes.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:17 PM
wzabrouski
5th Gear
Sorry. Can't remember and always use the app so the sig files are missing.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:19 PM
Systemlord
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
All4? Auto?
All wheel drive, some of the Countrymans come in AWD. I honestly thought the 3rd gen MCS were going to be AWD, it's the next logical step. Imagine a Cooper S with AWD that could handle anything you throw at it, cornering would be sweet!

Old 08-20-2014, 06:24 PM
Roxspin72
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have the full listing of what stage 2+ as the details are still coming in.
I believe it would be Turbo back exhaust, intake ,FMIC plus meth since stage 2 doesn't "require" meth as a hardware upgrade.

The stages are Hardware or what mods you have. The ABC is the maps you can pick once switchable software is loaded into your DME.

Technically you have 4 maps since stock is there but it is just stock
So you will throw a check engine light on stock map if cat less.

The maps are tailored to your car and needs. example below from a GP2

Map A : 1.3 bar boost, 91 octane
Map B : 1.4 bar boost, 91 octane
Map C : 1.5 bar boost, 100 Octane or Water/meth

Water meth injection has the same timing curve as race gas BTW so it is either or.

Also E85 or any blend of it, will not be an option at the moment as the stock injectors or fuel pump will not flow enough fuel to support the horsepower. E85 is less efficient than gas so it requires ~15% more fuel to achieve the same horsepower level.

I heard rumors of secondary set of normal intake mounted injectors but with the meth cars getting close to the 300whp mark you will need more than injectors to get much further past those numbers.
Ok so this makes alot more sense, and it sparks my memory from what Mario and I had spoken about.

Quick question; Got it, either 100 Octane, or Water/meth. What blend will this timing curve require? How much Meth to water?

Per these statements, I assume I will be required to run a Nozzel that would push 500cc /min. Any recomendations? I do not have the Aquamist Kit. Running a Snow performance pump and controller, w/some Devils Own hardware that currently progresses to max flow of 315cc/min starting at 8psi - maxing 12psi and higher.

Hoping not to have to change my set up, except for the Nozzel of course...

Old 08-20-2014, 06:30 PM
CPap
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Roxspin72
How much Meth to water? Per these statements, I assume I will be required to run a Nozzel that would push 500cc /min. Any recomendations? I do not have the Aquamist Kit. Running a Snow performance pump and controller, w/some Devils Own hardware that currently progresses to max flow of 315cc/min starting at 8psi - maxing 12psi and higher. Hoping not to have to change my set up, except for the Nozzel of course...
Nick said these motors love the meth... I noticed the same. It really drops the temps and keeps the a/f in check nicely.

You would need to run a bigger jet with more flow capacity. I'm running 350cc/min without issue. Not sure where the 500c comes into play.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:31 PM
wzabrouski
5th Gear
I am running the aquamist with a .8mm jet. After speaking with Jeff @ Howerton, 500cc would be a 1.0mm jet. Seems like a lot of meth to me but he said it was not crazy.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:42 PM
wzabrouski
5th Gear
All4 system should be ok. Appears to be over engineered.

http://www.motoringfile.com/2011/12/...tem-clarified/

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Manic Motorsport brings us N18 owners OBD II Tuning! Solution is finally here!