Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain One Last Mod...need help deciding which one

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014 | 11:51 AM
cambo
|
3rd Gear
One Last Mod...need help deciding which one

Hey NAM-- hoping to hear your suggestions:

I've got enough funds to do one last mod before I turn my attention back to a bike project ...

I've narrowed the choices to 4 items:

1) Forge FMIC
2) Timing Chain Replacement Kit
3) Akra DP
4) TSW X Brace

I'm equally for either choice and I just can't swing towards one mod over the others.

Which would you go with if it were YOUR car? Any/all resposnes mucho appreciated as always.

Old 03-08-2014 | 12:16 PM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Timing chain replacement. Can't beat maintenance. Better for it to work than not.

Sent from me being awesome around my MINI!!

Old 03-09-2014 | 08:24 AM
Grizld700
6th Gear
I'm assume since you're putting the timing chain on there, it has yet to be done on your car. If that is the case then that's what I'd do. My car has had timing work done 3 times over. (2 of them were not complete and using non updated parts) So that's what I'd pick.

But my second choice would be the FMIC. Reduces heat soak, looks good, and keeps those combustion temps lower

Old 03-09-2014 | 08:48 AM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Timing chain replacement isn't much of a mod as it's more maintenance so yes do that. Afterwards....FMIC, Wagner Competition not Forge though...

Old 03-09-2014 | 10:33 AM
johntotah94
6th Gear
Downpipe. Help your turbo run more efficiently. Get some power gains. Get some noise out of it.

Old 03-09-2014 | 12:11 PM
cambo
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Grizld700
I'm assume since you're putting the timing chain on there, it has yet to be done on your car. If that is the case then that's what I'd do. My car has had timing work done 3 times over. (2 of them were not complete and using non updated parts) So that's what I'd pick.

But my second choice would be the FMIC. Reduces heat soak, looks good, and keeps those combustion temps lower
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic
Timing chain replacement isn't much of a mod as it's more maintenance so yes do that. Afterwards....FMIC, Wagner Competition not Forge though...
Originally Posted by Porthos
Timing chain replacement. Can't beat maintenance. Better for it to work than not.

Sent from me being awesome around my MINI!!
haha, thanks gents, the council has spoken. Timing chain it is! appreciate it! FMIC is a close second...hopefully I can do this later this year, preferably before summer...

ra2fanatic- thanks for the heads up about the wagner competition. will look into it for sure. hopefully it's not a big money part like everything else on your sick builds!

Old 03-09-2014 | 12:13 PM
cambo
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by johntotah94
Downpipe. Help your turbo run more efficiently. Get some power gains. Get some noise out of it.
thanks for the input dude....looks like this'll have to wait for next year. Ill be able to lump it all together too: dp and tune in one go.

hopefully my mini makes it to next year. fingers crossed. lolol

Old 03-09-2014 | 12:40 PM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cambo
haha, thanks gents, the council has spoken. Timing chain it is! appreciate it! FMIC is a close second...hopefully I can do this later this year, preferably before summer...

ra2fanatic- thanks for the heads up about the wagner competition. will look into it for sure. hopefully it's not a big money part like everything else on your sick builds!
$590!!! Probably one of the best deals on a reputable core out there! Talk to BattleTuning if you need help with anything, he's done a good job reaching out to peeps on the boards.

Old 03-10-2014 | 10:49 PM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by cambo
thanks for the input dude....looks like this'll have to wait for next year. Ill be able to lump it all together too: dp and tune in one go.

hopefully my mini makes it to next year. fingers crossed. lolol
If you really want a Dp, I have a Riss Racing one that I am doing nothing with.