Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Powermist Methanol?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015 | 12:18 PM
sbninja
|
3rd Gear
Powermist Methanol?

Hi all,

I just got back from a local dealer, he was out of VP M1 - which I have been using.

He only had Power-Mist "HoleShot" Methanol? I bought a 5 gal pail.

Has anyone used this in their meth kits?
I will be using an 80/20 mix.

It looks like Power-Mist has three different types of methanols

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PREMIUM METHANOL[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The ultra PURE methanol you’ve heard about! Exhaustively researched to bring out the maximum power in your motor where tech dictates methanol only. An efficient, consistent, super premium racing methanol delivered at competitive pricing. Superbly suitable for all types of racing in engines requiring a cool, clean burn pattern. Legal for all sanctioning bodies.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]HOLESHOT METHANOL
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For optimum acceleration and mid range punch, a further refined ultra pure methanol with an added kick. A hybrid product caught in the chemical transition between methanol and methyl terterary butyl ether (MTBE, 4%). Extra oxygenation means extra power! This product lowers specific gravity flow requirements, thus making available a wider range of jetting options. The benefits of Holeshot Methanol over regular methanols are:
• Easier, more consistent jetting
• Cleaner, more efficient combustion
• Passes water test[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]METHANOL COMPLETE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A COMPLETE racing fuel containing PowerMist’s ultra pure Premium Methanol, ethers, Top Lube and petroleum solvents. All the good stuff for superior power. Available in Lite & Heavy, designed for open fuel competition only, this product delivers:
• Most efficient combustion
• Easiest starting
• Maximum cooling
• Maximum BTU’s of energy
Maximum Performance[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Old 01-04-2015 | 05:48 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
My 1st use of methanol was with the same stuff used by cars using it as their only fuel --- lotsa impurities. Howerton systems that have a "fast-acting valve" need the purest methanol you can find, or you're subject to ruining the FAV, as I did. After replacing my FAV and other wmi-handling parts, and switching to VP's M1, it's been running great for 2-plus years.

If you're using a Howerton system, you should check with him about the PowerMist "additives".