Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Alta Accessport Manager

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 09:16 AM
pfcmooney
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alta Accessport Manager

Had a question about the Alta Accessport. Where do you download the manager for the Accessport? I searched online but can't find Mini, which has I know they are supporting Mini anymore but I figured they'd at least have a AP Manager download link somewhere for Mini. Also, Ivery been running the Stage 1 FMIC and love the power difference. I was wondering if I could go to a Stage 3 since I did a decat downpipe. I knowill it calls for a 3" catback, but was wondering if it would hurt anything if I went to the stage 3 with just the catless downpipe.

Old 12-20-2015, 04:15 PM
NW Cooper S
1st Gear
I too am looking for this information but nam continually dosent let me post. Also looking for some canned and custom stage one and stage two tunes for my 2008 auto Cooper s.

Old 12-20-2015, 10:49 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by pfcmooney
Had a question about the Alta Accessport. Where do you download the manager for the Accessport? I searched online but can't find Mini, which has I know they are supporting Mini anymore but I figured they'd at least have a AP Manager download link somewhere for Mini. Also, Ivery been running the Stage 1 FMIC and love the power difference. I was wondering if I could go to a Stage 3 since I did a decat downpipe. I knowill it calls for a 3" catback, but was wondering if it would hurt anything if I went to the stage 3 with just the catless downpipe.
It's been over 4 years, but I think I just plugged my AP into a desktop USB port and it found the AP Manager all by itself. Have you tried doing that?

Can't help with which stages will work for you --- I'm using an old custom map and know nothing about the different stages. But, I've read it's a bad idea to use a map that requires stuff you don't have.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:03 AM
NeonLed
3rd Gear
Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
There is no specified program for the Mini accessport, if you can just find the accessport manager download for it, then it will work. Unless your talking about the AccessTuner program, then they don't have one for the Mini sadly.

Should look like this.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:31 PM
pfcmooney
2nd Gear
Ok, I will give that a try! Thanks!

Old 12-21-2015, 03:27 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
Found my original AP documents. They indicate the manager can be downloaded from http://www.cobbtuning.com/support

I can't tell whether or not this still works, however the "updater" was still working a couple months ago.

Let us know???

Old 01-12-2016, 11:50 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys, sorry I didn't see this before. You will want to download the AP Manager here: http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/s...ssport-manager

The AP Manager is the same no matter if you have a MINI AccessPORT or Porsche AccessPORT. There's also a version for Mac and Windows. As far as I know, the latest update is still on COBB's servers.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:59 AM
pfcmooney
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ALTA_Chris
Hey guys, sorry I didn't see this before. You will want to download the AP Manager here: http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/s...ssport-manager

The AP Manager is the same no matter if you have a MINI AccessPORT or Porsche AccessPORT. There's also a version for Mac and Windows. As far as I know, the latest update is still on COBB's servers.
Now that the subject matter expert has chimed in...lol. What all do I need to connect the AP to my computer? Is there a cable I need to purchase from Alta? I bought my AP second hand form a user on here and did not get anything but the AP and the OBDII connector. I absolutely love my AP, but I wish it had a little more tuneability to it rather than just a few maps I can change. I'm boost about 19lbs usually, give or take, wishing I could get a few more lbs. I'm hanging with SRT8 Chargers, Mustang GT's and although they are as surprised as I am that my 35mpg JCW is hanging with them, I'd love to see that face when that JCW is walking away...lol

Old 01-12-2016, 01:14 PM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Sending PM.

It's really just a universal USB cable, but I have a few in stock that would have originally came with the AccessPORT.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:25 AM
pfcmooney
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ALTA_Chris
Sending PM.

It's really just a universal USB cable, but I have a few in stock that would have originally came with the AccessPORT.
I replied to your PM! Thanks Chris!

Old 01-13-2016, 03:24 PM
Dan Akers
1st Gear
I too might have found a used Accessport through a friend of a friend.
If I connect an Accessport to the software will it still connect to a database to download canned MINI tunes? I have no idea what's on it.
Thanks

Old 01-13-2016, 03:41 PM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Dan,

Yes the AccessPORT will pull that latest maps when you run an update using the AccessPORT Manager. The AP Manager will show maps that were associated with the last car it was married to, you can disregard those. All the maps will load onto the AccessPORT when you do an update.

Old 01-13-2016, 03:44 PM
Dan Akers
1st Gear
Excellent.
Thanks for the info!

Old 05-03-2016, 07:42 AM
JPMM
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
E85 Accessport map

There is a lot of talk about E85 being the bees knees, higher octane, big power, etc, is there a Accessport map I can get to run it?

Old 05-03-2016, 09:03 AM
pfcmooney
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by JPMM
There is a lot of talk about E85 being the bees knees, higher octane, big power, etc, is there a Accessport map I can get to run it?
Ive thought this exact same thing. I would love to give it a try.