Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Scorpion Downpipe and JB+

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 03:23 PM
jveramini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scorpion Downpipe and JB+

Hi all, I have a 2012 R56 Cooper S N18 with the following mods:

JCW Engine Tune
JCW Aerokit
JCW Exhaust
JCW Brake Kit
JCW 17" R112 Wheels

I'm from Chile so some brands may vary in price which is why I've narrowed it down to the following: Milltek Catless Downpipe from Outmotoring or a Scorpion Catless Downpipe that I can purchase locally for $45 bucks less. Anyone have any experience with the Scorpion Downpipe that can share their thoughts?

With regards to the JB+, I come from that huge thread about it and I managed to reach pages where it dates back to 2014, but I was looking for mainly some up to date opinions/long term reviews about it.

The main reason I'm thinking of getting it is to hide the Check Engine light when I'll install the Downpipe. I can get the Akrapovic Delete-R locally as well but its $30 bucks more expensive and it just hides the alert without any power gain, so the JB+ is the better bang for your buck option for me. Does the JB+ hide the Check Engine light as soon as it is installed? (read somewhere that you may need something additional?)

This is my daily driver, I currently use 97 octane, and if I end up getting the JB+ I would have installed forever. Manic is here too but it's too much for me at the moment (price and style of driving). I was wondering what setting would you leave it at? Read that with the JCW tune you should stay safe at 40%...read some horror stories in the long thread as well, which is why I need some personal opinions to get me 100% convinced.

Thanks in advance!