Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Official ALTA Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 01:11 PM
BlackSapphire
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the filtering performance like on the foam Alta CAI? I've heard that they flow more air but also let larger particles through. Has this been a concern?

P.S. I just placed a large order with Alta today! Yea for me!

Old 01-31-2009, 01:28 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by BlackSapphire
What is the filtering performance like on the foam Alta CAI? I've heard that they flow more air but also let larger particles through. Has this been a concern?

P.S. I just placed a large order with Alta today! Yea for me!
FIRST: Thank you for the order!

SECOND: Totally backwards! The ALTA Foam Filters trap smaller particles, vs. the K&N style filters. So better filtration, better protection of your engine, supercharger and power gains! Cleaning is easy, and doesn't require lengthy drying time like K&N style. You will be VERY pleased with your choice!

THIRD: Please let me know if I can help with this or any other concerns. Thanks again!

Old 01-31-2009, 01:38 PM
BlackSapphire
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ADAMSALTAMINI
FIRST: Thank you for the order!

SECOND: Totally backwards! The ALTA Foam Filters trap smaller particles, vs. the K&N style filters. So better filtration, better protection of your engine, supercharger and power gains! Cleaning is easy, and doesn't require lengthy drying time like K&N style. You will be VERY pleased with your choice!

THIRD: Please let me know if I can help with this or any other concerns. Thanks again!
Awesome Adam. Thanks for the info. My car has 150 miles on it - just making sure.

Also ordered the lower control arms, sway bar, stubby antenna, filter cleaning kit, etc.... that 10% off had me clicking and clicking.

Next up are Alta sway bar endlinks (front and rear), M7 strut tower brace, Alta rear brace, and probably some turbo tube stuff. Keep up the good work!

Old 01-31-2009, 03:43 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Awesome Adam. Thanks for the info. My car has 150 miles on it - just making sure.

Also ordered the lower control arms, sway bar, stubby antenna, filter cleaning kit, etc.... that 10% off had me clicking and clicking.

Next up are Alta sway bar endlinks (front and rear), M7 strut tower brace, Alta rear brace, and probably some turbo tube stuff. Keep up the good work!
NICE! My kind of MINI guy! Chat soon!

Old 02-09-2009, 03:59 PM
MUShadd
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just installed my prosport boost gauge last week, its driving me nuts. It will not stop rattling. I finally figured out what exactly was causing the noise. the silver push button for the peak is hitting off the lens. it has just enough movement to contact the edges of the hole in the lens that it passes through. Is this a common issue? also, one of the plugs in the back either has a short, or simply not making good contact with plug-in on the gauge. The slightest movement sets if off and the needle blasts to the peak and alarms because it senses its not connected. i jiggle the plug and it'll eventually return to normal. Do i have a bad gauge?

Old 02-09-2009, 05:21 PM
BlackSapphire
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MUShadd
I just installed my prosport boost gauge last week, its driving me nuts. It will not stop rattling. I finally figured out what exactly was causing the noise. the silver push button for the peak is hitting off the lens. it has just enough movement to contact the edges of the hole in the lens that it passes through. Is this a common issue? also, one of the plugs in the back either has a short, or simply not making good contact with plug-in on the gauge. The slightest movement sets if off and the needle blasts to the peak and alarms because it senses its not connected. i jiggle the plug and it'll eventually return to normal. Do i have a bad gauge?
Jeez... It sure sounds defective. :(

Old 02-09-2009, 07:15 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Hi Mushadd,

Sorry you are having issues. On the silver button, there are some remedies for that, but if the connections are having an issue the solution to the first is mute.

NOT a common problem. While I appreciate the post here, a quick call or e-mail to us and we would have had this solved! PLEASE PM me your contact information, inv# etc. so we can get the ball rolling on a solution tomorrow.

Thanks again for choosing ALTA!

Old 02-10-2009, 05:06 AM
MUShadd
6th Gear
Guess I have too much free time during class, sorry PM sent!

Old 02-10-2009, 09:08 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Guess I have too much free time during class, sorry PM sent!
Hey I didn't get the PM. Where did you send it? Let me know! Thank you!

NEVERMIND! Found it!

Last edited by ADAMSALTAMINI; 02-10-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:19 AM
MUShadd
6th Gear
Got a call from Chris, connection issue solved. will work on the suggestion for the rattle as soon as i get some extra time. Thanks for your help guys

Last edited by MUShadd; 02-10-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:58 AM
BigHarv
1st Gear
Greetings.

I just ordered a set of Kong Feather 17"s from you folks for my 2009 MCS. I really hate the runflats that the car came with so I'm replacing wheels and tires. What tires do you recommend for a quiet ride that will still stick to the road like glue? If they have anything you would recommend, I'd really like to stay with Les Schwab for their excellent service.

Harv

Old 02-12-2009, 11:33 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by BigHarv
Greetings.

I just ordered a set of Kong Feather 17"s from you folks for my 2009 MCS. I really hate the runflats that the car came with so I'm replacing wheels and tires. What tires do you recommend for a quiet ride that will still stick to the road like glue? If they have anything you would recommend, I'd really like to stay with Les Schwab for their excellent service.

Harv
Thanks for the order Harv! I use a Falken 235/40/17 Azennis on my car and I have been very happy with them. Very quiet, reasonable price etc. You can get them in other sizes as well. I think they carry these at Les Schwabs as well.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:58 AM
BigHarv
1st Gear
Adam,

Thanks for the quick response. Your website recommends 215/45/17 tires with the Feathers. But 235/40/17 will fit too? Any advantage to one size over the other? Any other sizes that will fit on a late model MCS (R56)?

Old 02-12-2009, 05:33 PM
BlackSapphire
3rd Gear
Thanks for the order Harv! I use a Falken 235/40/17 Azennis on my car and I have been very happy with them. Very quiet, reasonable price etc. You can get them in other sizes as well. I think they carry these at Les Schwabs as well.

Outstanding! Any more pics of this setup Adam? This is the first I've seen of 235/40s... The size is very similar in overall outside diameter but with some extra width. Any rubbing? What springs are you running?

Your fellow Konig Feather owners want to know!

Last edited by BlackSapphire; 02-12-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:50 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Outstanding! Any more pics of this setup Adam? This is the first I've seen of 235/40s... The size is very similar in overall outside diameter but with some extra width. Any rubbing? What springs are you running?

Your fellow Konig Feather owners want to know!
I have the car lowered on the H&R Coilovers. I trimmed a few mm of a small area in the front lips. But no other changes needed to make em fit. I also have 5mm H&R Spacers on the car too.

More Pics CLICK HERE

PLEASE let me know how I can help in anyway further!

Old 02-12-2009, 08:57 PM
BlackSapphire
3rd Gear
Very nicely done. You nailed the stance Adam.

Thanks!

Last edited by BlackSapphire; 02-12-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:42 AM
BlackSapphire
3rd Gear
Jeff, it would be greatly appreciated if you would answer my PM from yesterday.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:11 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Jeff, it would be greatly appreciated if you would answer my PM from yesterday.
Jeff has been working on some special projects away from his desk. Either PM me, or PM ALTA_Chris either of us can address concerns faster than Jeff for the next few days.

Thanks again!

Old 02-19-2009, 11:13 AM
BlackSapphire
3rd Gear
Jeff has been working on some special projects away from his desk. Either PM me, or PM ALTA_Chris either of us can address concerns faster than Jeff for the next few days.

Thanks again!
Will do - appreciate the quick response Adam.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:10 AM
sonichris
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
PSRS question

i'm about to install these. my question is about alignment of the bushings in the 45deg position. opt2 recommends lowering the rear of the control arm for anti-lift. what if i raised the rear? this would (since my car is lowered) bring the control arms closer to level when looking from the front of the car, which would help roll angle in turns. my car is very stiff already and i don't think i need anti-lift anyway.

thoughts?

Old 02-24-2009, 03:58 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
http://altaperformance.com/products/...-Pod-no-gauge-

Does the gauge pod come with just one pod, or two?

It says at the top dual 52-60mm, but in the included items it says "gauge pod" (singular)

Thanks!

Old 02-24-2009, 04:17 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by not-so-rednwhitecooper
http://altaperformance.com/products/...-Pod-no-gauge-

Does the gauge pod come with just one pod, or two?

It says at the top dual 52-60mm, but in the included items it says "gauge pod" (singular)

Thanks!
Sorry for the confusion. They are single pods, up to two can be purchased (I have mounted as many as three) to then mount one on either side. The pods come with adapter rings to allow either 52mm or 60mm gauges to be mounted.

Hope that helps. If not PLEASE let me know!

Thanks in advance for choosing ALTA Performance!

Old 02-24-2009, 04:17 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by sonichris
i'm about to install these. my question is about alignment of the bushings in the 45deg position. opt2 recommends lowering the rear of the control arm for anti-lift. what if i raised the rear? this would (since my car is lowered) bring the control arms closer to level when looking from the front of the car, which would help roll angle in turns. my car is very stiff already and i don't think i need anti-lift anyway.

thoughts?
Please call our offices and speak to either Chris or Jeff in tech to be 100% sure! Thank you!

Old 02-25-2009, 10:31 PM
MUShadd
6th Gear
do you guys have sponsorship opportunities?

Old 02-26-2009, 09:39 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
do you guys have sponsorship opportunities?
Thank you for asking. At this time we are not accepting sponsorship applications other than those cars to be featured in magazines or the SEMA show.

Thank you again!

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Official ALTA Q&A thread!