Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Greedy Emanage Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 08:24 PM
spillman
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greedy Emanage Ultimate

This is a question for the tuners on the board. I am installing a Emanage ultimate on my cooper s. I am trying to figure out what I should do for the ignition coil wires. There are three wires that go to the coil pack. One is power, one controls the coil for cyl one and two, and the other controls three and four. Will the emanage be able to understand these signals? And if so how should I wire it to the ultimate.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:27 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
oh nooooooooooo

Old 02-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Minirowski
2nd Gear
People tried but nobody succeed. I haven't seen a working one in a MINI. Good luck! Sorry no help from here.

Old 02-15-2006, 05:40 AM
spillman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Minirowski
People tried but nobody succeed. I haven't seen a working one in a MINI. Good luck! Sorry no help from here.
Well I do have all the wirring diagrams for the R53 DME.... The joys of being a BMW student. Who attempted doing this? And what problems did they run into?

Old 02-15-2006, 06:23 AM
Profpatpending
3rd Gear
if you are looking for a clean RPM tach signal the coil pack is not the place for it without an Autometer tach converter.
the signal is not a clean square wave,
which I am guessing is what you are looking for,
I know this because I have a shiftlight and had to install the converter to get an accurate reading.
have you got a wiring diagram?

Old 02-15-2006, 10:45 AM
spillman
5th Gear
I installed a stewart warner shift light without a signal converter. I am not using it for a pulse signal. The Emanage can adjust the ignition advance. Look up the wirring diagram for the Emanage. It is a nice setup. Doesn't do anything to the map sensor. It actually adjusts the signals that the DME sends to the injectors and coil pack.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
do you have a blast shield for this? LOL...juuust kidding...good luck!

Old 02-15-2006, 06:40 PM
isellem
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have been in touch with greddy about the ultimate since it has come out... they are of absolutly no HELP! They are the friggin worse! If they haven't done it... they will just tell you not to buy their product... real confidence inspiring...

I would love for this to be a solution! Hopefully it works out... maybe... maybe... maybe... try finding out if a BMW harness is the same and then call greddy and reference them on the bmw... also... hit the bimmer boards... bimmerforums.com... and see if anyone is running it on their m3 or something like that... who knows... you may just find an answer... or you wont... and you will have to install a blast sheild and wear a flak jacket...

Old 02-15-2006, 06:52 PM
topgearnut
1st Gear
there's been two shops in japan where they seem to have installed the emanage with some of the features working.

http://www.real-direction.co.jp/frametop.htm

maybe pfunk who sells those JDM Mini parts can get some info from japan....

=topgearnut=

Old 02-15-2006, 06:54 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hey spillman, you got a wiring diagram for wiring up oen of those SW shift lights?

Old 02-15-2006, 10:59 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
i think you're better off using a Apexi SAFC... PiloRacing, i think, was able to wire up successfully.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:23 PM
isellem
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kenchan
i think you're better off using a Apexi SAFC... PiloRacing, i think, was able to wire up successfully.
no way! actually read about what an emanage does! It controlls ignition timing (assuming that you can hook it up)

We have been running the afc on cars for awhile and while they have worked great I would love to have ignition timing! tHis car will make alot more power when we get the timing adjusted properly.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:25 PM
spillman
5th Gear
The stewart warner is very easy to wire up. Red to switched power source (ignition), black to ground, and then the green wire to the blue and black wire on the coil. Set the shift light to two signals per rotation and you are good to go.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:28 PM
spillman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by isellem
no way! actually read about what an emanage does! It controlls ignition timing (assuming that you can hook it up)

We have been running the afc on cars for awhile and while they have worked great I would love to have ignition timing! tHis car will make alot more power when we get the timing adjusted properly.
Very true indeed. It is going to be difficult however playing around with the timming. The computer seems to keep advancing the timing until the knock sensor screams.

That being said the MINI isn't some kind of magical car with a DME that can't be piggy backed. I believed that there were several nay sayers about the AFC a while back. We shall see whenever UPS decides it is time to show up with my package.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:30 PM
TonyB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by not-so-rednwhitecooper
hey spillman, you got a wiring diagram for wiring up oen of those SW shift lights?
I actually sold that shift light to spillman via the marketplace a couple weeks back, and I can assure all that's there no need for a signal converter for that unit... The directions that come with it are very straight-forward, and easy: red to hot, black to ground, and green to coil (I think blue/black wire).

Dang... beat me to the punch! Never mind...

Old 02-15-2006, 11:33 PM
isellem
5th Gear
Originally Posted by spillman
Very true indeed. It is going to be difficult however playing around with the timming. The computer seems to keep advancing the timing until the knock sensor screams.

That being said the MINI isn't some kind of magical car with a DME that can't be piggy backed. I believed that there were several nay sayers about the AFC a while back. We shall see whenever UPS decides it is time to show up with my package.
you are absolutley right... anything is possible... it is just going to take some time... These are just MINI's... which are just cars...

Old 02-15-2006, 11:49 PM
5th Gear
Originally Posted by spillman
This is a question for the tuners on the board. I am installing a Emanage ultimate on my cooper s. I am trying to figure out what I should do for the ignition coil wires. There are three wires that go to the coil pack. One is power, one controls the coil for cyl one and two, and the other controls three and four. Will the emanage be able to understand these signals? And if so how should I wire it to the ultimate.
Maybe this will help,
The coil actually fires 1,4 and 2,3 simutaneously.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:20 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
Originally Posted by isellem

eh, im just too lazy, i guess to mess with that stuff.