Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain installed engine damper, what do you guys think....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 12:16 PM
lowb35
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine rocks. It was a very easy install - the early model brackets are extremely well made; great job! I spent more time making sure that the angle of the two brackets was correct (upon tightening the one on the frame kept wanting to turn toward the passenger side rather than straight back, though issue was easily resolved) and also I took it off a few times to mess around with the pre-load to work best with my early model MCS w/taller gear ratio. I do a lot of stop and go city driving and this makes a big difference off the line - much smoother shifting and more immediate throttle response. The only other performance related mod I have so far is a "custom CAI" where I've modded the stock box to use a cone filter, and even these two lo-tech, low-budget mods have made a big difference in how the car performs.

I have a slight vibration at idle and low RPM due to how I have the damper adjusted. I wasn't sure if it would pass the SO test, but my hubby didn't notice it for nearly three weeks, and the only reason why was because we were trying to diagnose another (unrelated) noise in the car.

Thanks, Shoe. Sorry to hear about what happened with your suspension...

Old 04-29-2007, 01:13 PM
OSUBeaver
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just installed mine last night. So far i'm loving it!!! The improvement in shifting is what i noticed the most. I do feel the "connected" feeling that everyone is saying, but so far I hope it's just not the placebo affect. I'll follow up after a couple hundred more miles.

Install was fine, just take your time. I was worried of the tight clearance to the frame rail, but so far have had no rubbung issues. Thanks Shoe!!!