Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain 62 kit on its way to M7 ... Yes it is happening

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by motorsports3
Fireman, Can i ask how you fit into this whole equation? How are you in the know or are you just taking what M7 says as gospel?
BTW, I forgot to ask earlier, but how about telling me a little about yourself since I've shared my info? What is your connection to this thread or at least what drives your interest?

Old 02-17-2007, 04:39 AM
onasled
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is some really weird stuff. It's one reason that I never read any of these threads.
Though I know it does not need to be said, simply enough, I support M7 and all the work Peter does, 24/7, in order to keep the Mini community stimulated with new products.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:01 AM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Sigh.

Why can't we all just get along?
Peace, love, MINIS and all that stuff.
We all have basically the same motivation here - FUN.
But you'd never know it from the complete lack of basic manners and respect some of us show one another.

It's only a matter of time before fistfights start breaking out at MOTD. Then it's all over. Get a grip, people. Love others as much as you love yourself and your MINI.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:51 AM
hornguys
5th Gear
From time-to-time we've probably had some issues with vendors if we've been at it for very long.

And we've managed to resolve those issues off-line.

Posting confrontational or even baiting/challenging comments make the poster look foolish in the eyes of most of us.

Too bad they can't see it themselves.

Questions of this sort, if they're so critical to the poster, can be answered off-line or with a phone call to the vendor.

A modifications board without vendors pushing the edge would be boring for a lot of us.

Posting to the board continually as a few are doing is posturing at best.

It's especially sad in the case of one poster, who does have a lot of experience. Only now, whatever he posts will aways be tainted.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:03 AM
enologuy
2nd Gear
My hope is that there will be one final posting to this very lengthy thread that is going nowhere at this point.
I also hope that once M7 has some NEW information for us they will post a NEW thread.
For there to be a new beginning, something has to come to an end.

Cheers, Doug.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by isellem
and what proof do you have? None... thats right! ohh yeah... at least i have some people who have actually seen the car and said that the motor is indeed blown... and if they are lieing what do they have to gain by PMing me that info? my friendship? an e-hug? I guess its just a giant conspiracy against M7...
I never said that I had proof either way.
I am also not the one who is completely and totally obsessed about what happened to the engine. I bet you didn't sleep at all last night.

If you know people that have seen it, have them post some pics.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:23 AM
isellem
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PARTSMAN
I never said that I had proof either way.
I am also not the one who is completely and totally obsessed about what happened to the engine. I bet you didn't sleep at all last night.

If you know people that have seen it, have them post some pics.
You are being completely childish about this.

You are right... what happens in the MINI community keeps me up all night and then some. This has turned me into an insomniac... you were the one who expected me to reply in 30 minutes remember?

PARTSMAN... are you just trying to get this thread locked.

I have been polite through this whole thing. Maybe i should just delete all of my posts and just M7 is lieing to everyone and that the lost the motor due to detonating on the dyno...

instead i was trying to let them explain the truth as to what has happened. then they lied... and all of you are still defending them.

why am i doing this?

Because vendors shouldn't over promise and under deliver. Customers/potential clients, and the NAM community should not be lied to. And as far as letting the community hear about the development of a product. do so without lying.

I am just asking for some honesty... why do a few of you fail to see this...

and for the rest of you who are filling up my inbox with pms that who are supporting and even supplying me with an examples of when M7 has lied/missinformed/over promised and under/never delivered or has been a hypocritial. Keep sending them my way. I will try to keep my inbox clean to recieve them. I know it has been full from time to time but i am trying to stay on top of it.

Also, as a courtesy to M7 I will NOT be posting these examples... there is no need or reason to do that. That would just be mean spirited. I am not trying to destroy M7s business. I would never do that. I have too much respect for entrepenuers. its a tough thing to do and i respect that. However, they do need to learn from there mistakes. I will say this, all of you say they have great customer support and that is what will allow them to endour this and retain most of you as clients. The same can't be said from Webb im afraid.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are right... what happens in the MINI community keeps me up all night and then some. This has turned me into an insomniac... you were the one who expected me to reply in 30 minutes remember?

I have been polite through this whole thing. Maybe i should just delete all of my posts and just M7 is lieing to everyone and that the lost the motor due to detonating on the dyno...

instead i was trying to let them explain the truth as to what has happened. then they lied... and all of you are still defending them.

why am i doing this?

Because vendors shouldn't over promise and under deliver. Customers/potential clients, and the NAM community should not be lied to. And as far as letting the community hear about the development of a product. do so without lying.

and for the rest of you who are filling up my inbox with pms that who are supporting and even supplying me with an examples of when M7 has lied/missinformed/over promised and under/never delivered or has been a hypocritial. Keep sending them my way. I will try to keep my inbox clean to recieve them. I know it has been full from time to time but i am trying to stay on top of it.

Also, as a courtesy to M7 I will NOT be posting these examples... there is no need or reason to do that. That would just be mean spirited. I am not trying to destroy M7s business. I would never do that. I have too much respect for entrepenuers. its a tough thing to do and i respect that. However, they do need to learn from there mistakes. I will say this, all of you say they have great customer support and that is what will allow them to endour this and retain most of you as clients. The same can't be said from Webb im afraid.
I don't understand how you think i'm being childish, and it doesn't really matter anyway.

I'm not trying to get the thread locked, although i'm surprised that it hasn't been.

This will be my last post to you about this issue, as we could go back and forth all day about this, and I have better things to do.
Think what you will about M7, and express it to as many people as you can, but remember, what comes around goes around.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:17 AM
skillet
6th Gear
Hey Fireman, how's your '62 coming along? PM me with details! I plan on coming down sometime soon and talking to Way about some mods...

Old 02-17-2007, 01:13 PM
newbs49
Banned
Isellem and motorsports3. I have a question to both of you as I read this thread about a product I may have interest in down the road. Who are you guys and what do you do for a living that you have all this interest and knowledge about what happened and why. Send me a PM when you can. I'm just wondering. I really don't need to have you guys post the answer in this thread.
Thanks.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:17 PM
MINIotaple
6th Gear

why am i doing this?

x2

Old 02-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TonyB
I’ve been incommunicado for about a week, and I missed NAM quite a bit; until I saw this childish diatribe.

It’s pretty obvious to me that some around here have an agenda, a lack of common courtesy or most likely both.

We deal with vendors in all facets of our life, NAM being a small subset. I’ve made a conscious decision to not do business with some companies, and I have chosen to do so for my own, personal reasons. Others of course do the same; and on top of that, a few somehow feel compelled to share this personal decision publicly, even repeatedly.

Listen, if you don’t like how a company expresses itself, promotes its products, feel betrayed due to a lack of information, or whatever, then I would venture to guess you’ve made a decision to not do business with them. Spare us all the personal judgment in this public space.

On the topic of the DFIC, sure Alta showed their offering (a prototype) on NAM earlier; like this means something. But when M7 revealed the DFIC, it was a final production piece, and with that, was to market sooner. I suppose if Peter would have shown a prototype sooner, we wouldn’t have to hear such worthless comparisons as to who posted first on NAM. Instead, we would have heard crap of how M7 talks too prematurely about a product . Damned if you do, and damned if you don’t...

In a vendor, I look for products that I want, prices that I find reasonable, and support that I feel I deserve. I get that from M7. If I didn’t, I certainly wouldn’t feel the need to belabor them publicly; unless I had ulterior motives, or was wronged in some dealing and attempts at private communications were fruitless. I realize that some have favorites around here, and that is fine, but the negative campaigning is shameful.

If and when the M62 proves to be worthwhile, I have nothing more to say here...
The only thing straighter than what you've said is your exhaust.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:15 AM
jhiggs26
6th Gear
Wow this thread has really gotten ugly........I've been reading Mini2 and NAM for years and finally decided to start posting/sharing. I do love my lightly modded MCS and it's fun to see what Vendors and tuners do to their machines! I'm glad I have this forum to read/learn and now share with other happy MINI owners.

Breaking things has its purposes. To me it's great to know what a 'specific engine' can take before it lets loose. This lets us all compare our engines to said specific engine that went kersplat. Vendors need to have leeway in this respect as they try to develop a capable 'KIT' for possible consumers! We all know what it's like to have somebody looking over our shoulder when we are hard at work. haha

So back to the M62-SpiderX and other M62 operators, are you loving your MINIS' now? Do they work well low down as modded M45's do-like 2-4K-or do you only see the magic above 4k? Thanks!

Last edited by jhiggs26; 02-18-2007 at 10:41 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 02-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
I love it. I don't regret it. It's better at all rpm's IMO. I've not had one problem. I can't wait to see what M7 comes up with and waiting is just fine with me without presupposition in any direction. I look forward to continue pushing the performance of the M62. I do not care to provide any details beyond that as I don't care to get blasted by anyone in the peanut gallery. PM me if you want but I'll neither confirm or deny I said anything to anyone beyond anything posted here. There's enough chum in the water. Have a nice day.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:45 AM
jhiggs26
6th Gear
Thanks Gr8force! I'm glad there are guys like you that are willing to take a chance on an intense mod like the M62!

And don't get too sideways, just as long as the tires are on fire though.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:16 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
My car runs great.... at all RPMs. I have been driving it everywhere for the last two weeks and it just gets to be more fun all the time.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:26 AM
jhiggs26
6th Gear
Thanks for the note SpiderX.

Did you get your 2005/2006 Crank Pulley installed yet?

With all things mechanical: it pays big time not to abuse them!

Old 02-18-2007, 04:21 PM
RECOOP
4th Gear
Cost...

Perhaps this has been answered before, and, if so, an update based on cumulative experience would be appreciated. For those who have either direct or indirect experience with the M62 supercharger, what do you expect the "ballpark" costs to be? I'm aware there may be a number of variables to consider, e.g., degree of pre-existing modifications and expected use of the M62, but some general figures might be in order.

Scenario---No extensive mods. What might the final cost be if the following are needed in addition to the M62...injectors, camshaft, p/p head, header, cat-back, ECU tune, labor?

Thanks,

Old 02-18-2007, 04:44 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RECOOP
Perhaps this has been answered before, and, if so, an update based on cumulative experience would be appreciated. For those who have either direct or indirect experience with the M62 supercharger, what do you expect the "ballpark" costs to be? I'm aware there may be a number of variables to consider, e.g., degree of pre-existing modifications and expected use of the M62, but some general figures might be in order.

Scenario---No extensive mods. What might the final cost be if the following are needed in addition to the M62...injectors, camshaft, p/p head, header, cat-back, ECU tune, labor?

Thanks,
That is a question for DDM or M7

Old 02-18-2007, 04:58 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by RECOOP

Thanks,
Originally Posted by SpiderX
That is a question for DDM or M7
And as such, not one to be answered easily, or anytime soon.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:59 PM
whskysouth
3rd Gear
I am loving the way the car runs.. It does great at all ranges. Great off the line...

Just all around smiles and a great mod!

Old 02-18-2007, 09:05 PM
jhiggs26
6th Gear
Originally Posted by whskysouth
I am loving the way the car runs.. It does great at all ranges. Great off the line...

Just all around smiles and a great mod!
It seems to me we've already got 3 happy risk takers! Whskysouth I'm glad you're enjoying the M62 blower mod!

Are any M62 operators going to AMVIV next month, or to either Mini Meet West or East in the summer? It would be great to have these cars viewed by other enthusiasts at large shows/meets!

Old 02-19-2007, 04:57 AM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
LV is a 4000 mile round trip and East/West is where? when?

Old 02-19-2007, 05:39 AM
whskysouth
3rd Gear
I wont make AMVIV for reasons Gr8Force stated. I will be at the MOTD in May. I have not checked into East/West.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:47 AM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Problem is...

Originally Posted by jhiggs26
It seems to me we've already got 3 happy risk takers! Whskysouth I'm glad you're enjoying the M62 blower mod!

Are any M62 operators going to AMVIV next month, or to either Mini Meet West or East in the summer? It would be great to have these cars viewed by other enthusiasts at large shows/meets!
you can't see anything unless you take the front end off! It's all below the IC and intake.....

Matt

Quick Reply: Drivetrain 62 kit on its way to M7 ... Yes it is happening