Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain 62 kit on its way to M7 ... Yes it is happening

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Longboard Mini
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gr8Force
I for some reason think I heard something about the M62 kit, the "Juston" header and a whole bunch of other stuff being "officially released" at MOTD. I have no numbers at this point. I'm one of the idiots who jump into a project on blind faith in the mere idea that something could work purty dang good.
It appears there are allot of people willing to buy products based on faith.

Longboard

Old 04-13-2007, 03:16 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Longboard Mini

Longboard
I have recently become an ordained minister. I would be willing to work with interested parties on excising that demon.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Gr8Force
5th Gear

Longboard
Good thing I'm merely a mule and helping others follow ideas and dreams.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Veni_Vidi_Vici
5th Gear

Longboard
I've never actually seen even one of the parts that I've put on my Mini before it was ordered. I guess it's more of who you're willing to believe rather than faith.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Skiploder
Banned
Originally Posted by goaljnky
I have recently become an ordained minister. I would be willing to work with interested parties on excising that demon.
Please stop derailing this thread with your babbling.

Recap:

On the last episode of "How the M62 Turns" catastrophic engine failure temporarily dashed the hopes of the R&D crew. Undeterred, they appear to be busily trying to prove their detractors wrong.

In the meantime, silence from the brave men of vision, passion and drive has led the masses to start talking about boring books on economics, commie products available at the nearest Best Buy and becoming Ministers of the Cloth.

The question remains - what is happening with this once claimed Holy Grail of R53-dom?

Will the bold predictions of one handsome and dashing young Fijian prove right? Is the M62 destined for failure?

Stay tuned.........

Last edited by Skiploder; 04-13-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
You gotta be a mule to get insider rumors.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Longboard Mini
6th Gear
You gotta be a mule to get insider rumors.
Hey, my car is mule to.

I hope you made a smoking deal to use your car as a test mule.

Longboard

Old 04-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Longboard Mini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Veni_Vidi_Vici
I've never actually seen even one of the parts that I've put on my Mini before it was ordered. I guess it's more of who you're willing to believe rather than faith.
Its all the same thing.

I know this sounds like crazy talk, but I only want to pay for things that do what the manufacturer claims they do. Simple.

Just my opinion.

Longboard

Old 04-13-2007, 09:36 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Skiploder
Please stop derailing this thread with your babbling.

Recap:

On the last episode of "How the M62 Turns" catastrophic engine failure temporarily dashed the hopes of the R&D crew. Undeterred, they appear to be busily trying to prove their detractors wrong.

In the meantime, silence from the brave men of vision, passion and drive has led the masses to start talking about boring books on economics, commie products available at the nearest Best Buy and becoming Ministers of the Cloth.

The question remains - what is happening with this once claimed Holy Grail of R53-dom?

Will the bold predictions of one handsome and dashing young Fijian prove right? Is the M62 destined for failure?

Stay tuned.........
catastrophic engine failure had nothing to do with the 62.....

I have over 15K on mine and beat it regularly......

There will be five 62 cars at the Dragon...... I think that it is ready for the next phase.....

Old 04-13-2007, 09:53 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by SpiderX
catastrophic engine failure had nothing to do with the 62.....

There will be five 62 cars at the Dragon...... I think that it is ready for the next phase.....
I am sure most of us appreciate the set up, but this one is too easy (better say what the next phase is before the detractors go wild with specualtion).

Old 04-13-2007, 10:13 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
I am sure most of us appreciate the set up, but this one is too easy (better say what the next phase is before the detractors go wild with specualtion).
..... the next phase is announce pricing, delivery.... etc...... in other words "release" the product.

Dave told me 2 days ago that the Dragon would be the official release... that is what I meant by "next phase" ... I hope that is clear.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:23 PM
goaljnky
Banned
TY. Just trying to prevent some jokes that I knew were coming.

Old 04-14-2007, 05:22 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
TY. Just trying to prevent some jokes that I knew were coming.
No problem.......

Old 04-14-2007, 07:54 AM
Skiploder
Banned
Originally Posted by SpiderX
Since you are a good guy, I will completely ignore the fun I could have with this statement.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Every product I've ever been involved with the development of

has had a pile of wreckage next to the workbench before release. Some of the products are even class leading! That's the way it works. And every snipe comment leads me to believe ever more fervently that there is no point in mentioning anything until release. It's not worth the stress.....

So what we end up with is less cooperation and group solutions to avoid easy cheap shots.... Oh well. It's just what I expect from Human Nature!

Matt

Old 04-14-2007, 08:12 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Since you are a good guy, I will completely ignore the fun I could have with this statement.
LOL...... OOPS

Old 04-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Skiploder
Banned
Originally Posted by Dr Obnxs
has had a pile of wreckage next to the workbench before release.
Matt
/Joke alert!

Please tell me you are not a medical doctor.

(Cue rimshot)

/end joke alert.

Last edited by Skiploder; 04-14-2007 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Because we are sooooooo serious around here.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:36 AM
62Lincoln
5th Gear
So what we end up with is less cooperation and group solutions to avoid easy cheap shots.... Oh well. It's just what I expect from Human Nature!

Matt
I'd edit your thought to read 'it's just what I expect from certain human's natures.' Because it isn't everyone doing it, it's a select few that ruin it for the community as a whole.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wonder how many stints...

Please tell me you are not a medical doctor.
were made, tried, and thrown away on the way to the stint industry that we have now... OR blood pressure machines, or patient controlled anesthetic machines....... Or MRIs, or CAT scan machings, or X-ray machines, or radiation oncology, or joint repleacements and on and on and on.

And in fact, there are times when new stuff is tried on people who are too far gone to have any hope, so that we can develope new techniques and proceedures. And people die from it.

Sorry, but that was just another example of a thoughtless comment. Thanks for the contributions....

Matt

Old 04-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Skiploder
Banned
were made, tried, and thrown away on the way to the stint industry that we have now... OR blood pressure machines, or patient controlled anesthetic machines....... Or MRIs, or CAT scan machings, or X-ray machines, or radiation oncology, or joint repleacements and on and on and on.

And in fact, there are times when new stuff is tried on people who are too far gone to have any hope, so that we can develope new techniques and proceedures. And people die from it.

Sorry, but that was just another example of a thoughtless comment. Thanks for the contributions....

Matt

Get off your moral high horse, Matt - it was a joke. I'll edit my post so it's more obvious.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:54 PM
discodan
5th Gear
Yeah I did answer you. I said ceramic coated.
wow Gr8Force, so the header is made of ceramic? i understand the coating is ceramic but the actual header itself had to be made of either Stainless or mild steel, which was my question, which has not yet been answered. so you understand now or should i try this again. i don't know how else to ask. for the $950 hornguys paid i'm assuming it is stainless, but at least i know there is a ceramic coating.

Old 04-14-2007, 04:04 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by discodan
wow Gr8Force, so the header is made of ceramic? i understand the coating is ceramic but the actual header itself had to be made of either Stainless or mild steel, which was my question, which has not yet been answered. so you understand now or should i try this again. i don't know how else to ask. for the $950 hornguys paid i'm assuming it is stainless, but at least i know there is a ceramic coating.
Mine is mild steel but SS is available..... the price adjusts..... hence the coating.....

Old 04-18-2007, 07:29 PM
whskysouth
3rd Gear
MINIBLU has been back for about 3 weeks now and the M62 has made a generous difference in the 'butt dyno' department. With the stock header, and DDM CAI, the power is smooth all the way through the gear box.

I will be at the Dragon and rides will be available. I soon will be sending a second car to for the M62 treatment.

Thanks All
Jack

Old 04-19-2007, 08:29 AM
JPMM
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm guessing about 30 hp more? How much $$$ is the new bigger supercharger? I'm guessing about $2500? Does anything else have to be changed?

Originally Posted by whskysouth
MINIBLU has been back for about 3 weeks now and the M62 has made a generous difference in the 'butt dyno' department. With the stock header, and DDM CAI, the power is smooth all the way through the gear box.

I will be at the Dragon and rides will be available. I soon will be sending a second car to for the M62 treatment.

Thanks All
Jack

Old 04-19-2007, 08:55 AM
thatatvguy
4th Gear
Hey Jack, I'm glad to hear that your happy with the car. I had the privilege or driving your car before and after the M62 went on. Your are correct, it wakes the car up considerably. Also, your description is accurate - very smooth.

Bob and others are correct. At the Dragon, there will be an informational "release speech" about the M62 given by Dave. Most, if not all questions will be answered there.

The list is growing with the number of cars with the 62 on it and have had no problems - that's exciting!

Quick Reply: Drivetrain 62 kit on its way to M7 ... Yes it is happening