Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain 62 kit on its way to M7 ... Yes it is happening

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 08:32 PM
minimarks
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I gather that when the results are in they will let us know the numbers for different applications as stated above, at that time the blanks should be filled. Patience....

Old 01-23-2007, 10:05 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by goaljnky
So will, or will not those numbers be told to the public prior to the "DDM62 pre-orders are being taken" announcement. And if so, exactly when might that happen.
I will post my numbers as soon as I have them..... speaking for M7, they are planning the same thing.......

Old 01-24-2007, 05:01 AM
saifa
4th Gear
I thought you already posted 217 to 220 whp and 190 torque

Old 01-24-2007, 05:21 AM
Dave@ddmworks
Manufacturer
Most of the testing of the beta cars that we have done has all been apples to oranges to strawberries comparisons to this point, except for the 2 stock cars that we tested. That has been the reason for so much testing. Even though some cars are equipped with what you would think would be similar mods, head, header, cam, ecu, etc. there are HUGE differences in how well each one of those perspective modifications from different companies work alone and also in respect to the complete system, and also in a certain horsepower/torque range. The M7 car and Bob's car both have the DDM62 on them and a UNIchip, but the head, header, exhuast and a bunch of other modifications are different between the two cars. The two different cars are not a comparison between each other, in a east coast vs. west coast Horsepower war, instead they are both two more points of reference along with the stock cars, and minor modification cars we have tested.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:55 AM
little egg
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Dave@ddmworks
Most of the testing of the beta cars that we have done has all been apples to oranges to strawberries comparisons to this point, except for the 2 stock cars that we tested. That has been the reason for so much testing. Even though some cars are equipped with what you would think would be similar mods, head, header, cam, ecu, etc. there are HUGE differences in how well each one of those perspective modifications from different companies work alone and also in respect to the complete system, and also in a certain horsepower/torque range. The M7 car and Bob's car both have the DDM62 on them and a UNIchip, but the head, header, exhuast and a bunch of other modifications are different between the two cars. The two different cars are not a comparison between each other, in a east coast vs. west coast Horsepower war, instead they are both two more points of reference along with the stock cars, and minor modification cars we have tested.
Ok, I have a question on this. Why not test the M62 on a bone stock car, this would give a good baseline number for what this one part can do. Of course there will be changes to the numbers as one starts adding modifications but this would, I believe, give a good "base" to start from. Is this not how other manufacturers (outside the MINI world) give estimated horse power gains to their parts?

Old 01-24-2007, 08:06 AM
goaljnky
Banned
See, this is something I can live with. No concrete numbers, no unsolicited promises and no unrealistic dates. I look forward to your results. Whenever that might happen.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Dave@ddmworks
Manufacturer
That is a great idea, that is why we have already tested it on 2 bone stock cars. The difference with the MINI vs. most other cars outside the MINI world is that there are not a lot of other cars that come factory supercharged and then have a aftermarket option to place a larger supercharger onto that car. There are the GM 3.8LV6 guys and there upgrades from the M62 on the early version to the M90. However most of the time I am told other changes are done at the same time, so it is still not a apples to apples comparison.

Take Care,
Dave

Originally Posted by little egg
Ok, I have a question on this. Why not test the M62 on a bone stock car, this would give a good baseline number for what this one part can do. Of course there will be changes to the numbers as one starts adding modifications but this would, I believe, give a good "base" to start from. Is this not how other manufacturers (outside the MINI world) give estimated horse power gains to their parts?

Old 01-24-2007, 09:11 AM
camelpilot
Banned
You guys really like fruit around here...

Last edited by camelpilot; 01-24-2007 at 09:13 AM. Reason: yay!fruit
Old 01-24-2007, 09:18 AM
saifa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by camelpilot
You guys really like fruit around here...

Old 01-24-2007, 04:47 PM
enologuy
2nd Gear
California, home of the best fruits and nuts!

Old 01-25-2007, 02:57 AM
pmello
3rd Gear
SpiderX: Could you edit your first post with the #'s (with current mods) that have been posted so far? This would would be a big help.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:45 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by pmello
SpiderX: Could you edit your first post with the #'s (with current mods) that have been posted so far? This would would be a big help.
I don't have #s that are current with a tune after the new header..... DDM is in the process of working on the car now.... I am supposed to get it back on Saturday... tuned and ready to go..... I will post whatever we have then.....

Old 01-25-2007, 06:15 PM
saifa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pmello
His #'s posted in the old thread were 217-220whp and 190torque....have been asking the same question 3 times in this thread with no response so i just searched it....of course as he said thats before header and tune.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:17 PM
saifa
4th Gear
OK that being said will a full mod list be shown for each car along with their respective numbers? I heard the M7 is running a full built bottom end how will this affect outcome.

Seann

Old 01-25-2007, 08:08 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by saifa
OK that being said will a full mod list be shown for each car along with their respective numbers? I heard the M7 is running a full built bottom end how will this affect outcome.

Seann
Early indications are that the M7 car will be the horsepower king for the current crop of 62s..... I am hoping for anything over 225 whp the M7 car is starting out at 224 whp...... the additional tq is really the ticket that I am after.....

Old 01-26-2007, 05:22 AM
saifa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SpiderX
Early indications are that the M7 car will be the horsepower king for the current crop of 62s..... I am hoping for anything over 225 whp the M7 car is starting out at 224 whp...... the additional tq is really the ticket that I am after.....
Not this again...how can you say the car is starting with 224hp. ITS NOT!!! You will have to remove whatever reduction pulley that is currently on the car (thus lowering the 224) to set up the M62. You have to minus before you add....why does this seem like such a tough concept for people to grasp?

What mods does the M7 car have to get it to the "224whp"....

What was your best run before the M62 BoB

Old 01-26-2007, 07:09 AM
THE ITCH
5th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Saifa
I think you may be missing the point here a little. The M7 car is a highly modded MINI with just about all you can do to a M45 setup. With those "X" amount of mods he is getting 224 whp. Now they want to see what the benefit would be to go to an M62 with the same mods. So the comparison is a maxed out M45 vs maxed out M62 on the same car and same mods.
Steve

Originally Posted by saifa
Not this again...how can you say the car is starting with 224hp. ITS NOT!!! You will have to remove whatever reduction pulley that is currently on the car (thus lowering the 224) to set up the M62. You have to minus before you add....why does this seem like such a tough concept for people to grasp?

What mods does the M7 car have to get it to the "224whp"....

What was your best run before the M62 BoB

Old 01-26-2007, 07:44 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by THE ITCH
Saifa
I think you may be missing the point here a little. The M7 car is a highly modded MINI with just about all you can do to a M45 setup. With those "X" amount of mods he is getting 224 whp. Now they want to see what the benefit would be to go to an M62 with the same mods. So the comparison is a maxed out M45 vs maxed out M62 on the same car and same mods.
Steve

that is the way that I look at it...

Old 01-26-2007, 08:06 AM
goaljnky
Banned
So is there any progress on this? I am not even asking for numbers anymore. Just want to see at what stage the project is at.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:27 AM
newbs49
Banned
I just believe everyone is just asking for a list of mods on the M7 car. I don't believe this is such a hard thing for M7 to answer. Head type, valve size, header, pulley size and whatever. Is this some kind of secret. Bob, everyone knows what is on your car .We would just like to know whats on the M7 car as a baseline so we can see what the m62 adds.
Thanks

Old 01-30-2007, 03:45 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Old 01-30-2007, 06:47 PM
chaincoopers
4th Gear
If I'm reading this right, the 62 has been fitted to bone stock MINI's. Can we have those #'s? Why has this consistently been "i have a 62, but i won't post numbers until blah blah"? We're curious dude. I don't know if anyone else is tired of the teasing...

Old 01-30-2007, 06:51 PM
SayGoodbye
6th Gear
The info will be out when it's out. If it were out before that, it wouldn't really be out. If it's not out quick enough, I'll whip up a kit real quick for ya!

(this is sarcasm...waranted or not, it is served hot and fresh daily...)

Old 01-30-2007, 07:03 PM
chaincoopers
4th Gear
I'm just tired of the negativity. Numbers and information being withheld, people railing on other people's mods (ex. body kits, 15% folks railing on 19% folks, etc), I'm just tired of it. This site used to be more friendly.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:08 PM
SayGoodbye
6th Gear
Originally Posted by chaincoopers
I'm just tired of the negativity. Numbers and information being withheld, people railing on other people's mods (ex. body kits, 15% folks railing on 19% folks, etc), I'm just tired of it. This site used to be more friendly.
I'm trying to be friendly and light hearted....no sarcasm here...I think this will be a great kit, but we've got to wait until the people putting all the money into it are ready to make their money back on it (and then some ). I will probably not be a candidate for this kit considering the price...I am fairly happy with my car as is around the 180 whp range. I might do injectors and a custm tune...get it to 190...I'm good with that...don't neeeeed to hang with C6 Corvettes

Quick Reply: Drivetrain 62 kit on its way to M7 ... Yes it is happening