Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Borla Exhuast NOT what I expected.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 03:55 PM
scottishblood
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Borla Exhuast NOT what I expected.

Well I just got off the phone with Randy Webb to get a status of my exhaust that he stated was shipped on 4/3/2007. It hasn't been shipped and wont be shipped for at least another week. These systems come straight from Borla and Borla has no Cooper S systems on hand and it will take at least a week to make one seeing these are not stocked. (are they kidding me, I can build a house in a week) Many people have dropped the ball on this including Randy Webb. This system was ordered over 6 weeks ago and still has not be shipped. If I would have known that this was going to happen I would have ordered a different system. If you are in the market for a exhaust I would stay away from Borla. I am one Pissed off Scott.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can understand your anger. If it was me I'd shop elsewhere. Why reward someone with your $$$ for their poor service to you?

Welcome to NAM.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:24 PM
MiniMacPR
5th Gear
Is it just me or is there an increasing amount of new namer's who's first post is to complain about something/someone.

I'm sorry scottishblood if you have a legitimate complaint but I just feel this trend is getting to be worrysome (at least for me).

Old 04-16-2007, 05:28 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did Randy specifically tell you it shipped on 04/03/07 or that it should ship around that time?

Old 04-16-2007, 05:29 PM
defylogik
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wait till you get it on the car. all will be well and right and good in the world. i havent driven my mini in 2 weeks due to aftermarket problems. how do you think I feel :(

Old 04-16-2007, 05:53 PM
scottishblood
Neutral
This may be my first post here at NAM but I have made many posts @hrmini.com. I feel that this needs to be made public. Put yourself in my shoes spending alot of money on something and having nothing to show in almost 2 months. How many more Mini owners have to be mistreated. I am not complaning, I am stating facts so others will not make the same mistake. I whish I would have seen a post like this before I placed my order. I am sure Alta or Milltek would love my money and I bet I would have my order by now. And yes I was told that the system was going to be shipped in 4/3/2007 by Randy. Now when I gather with my Mini brothern and someone asks "how do you like your Borla?" how do you think I will answer?

Old 04-16-2007, 06:02 PM
latte hiatus
5th Gear
If Webb Motorsports has not charged you (and they shouldn't until it's shipped), why not just order your Borla from elsewhere? Borlas are carried by a number of aftermarket vendors.

CoastToCoast has a live inventory system, and they're showing one in stock right now:
http://www.coasttocoastusa.com/zenca...&products_id=9
Call around and inquire with the sponsoring vendors on NAM - someone will have one in stock that they can ship out immediately. I want you to have a new Borla, too, instead of posting your disappointing experience with one of the vendors.

Old 04-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Beecher
4th Gear
well, you cant answer how you like it, cause you dont have it. Its not a reflectiong open the system. Sorry about your trouble, i know how you feel tho. It may not be Randys fault tho, Borla may have told them it was shipped, when it wasnt, ive had that happen to me on orders before, always the risk with drop shipped stuff. I even paid extra to have stuff delivered quickly, and it took 6 weeks to get because it had to be drop shipped from the manu. I think its inevitable with drop shipping, it sucks, but isnt the sellers fault. Again, sorry for your trouble, but from what i hear, youll love it when you get it

Beecher

oh, and only a week or so to go, probably take you that long to get another one anyway.... FWIW

Old 04-16-2007, 08:59 PM
latte hiatus
5th Gear
Having worked in purchasing for a couple years, I agree with Beecher that drop-shipping is a pain, but I also think WMS and Borla could both have handled this better. Borla probably did not communicate the shortage situation to WMS, while WMS slipped in its communication with Borla and the end-customer. WMS is not entirely to blame, but as a middleman in this situation (they are making a margin just by drop-shipping to the end-customer), WMS ought to have managed their supply chain and customer service better.