Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical Can someone help me out here???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010 | 09:29 AM
panaphobic
|
3rd Gear
Can someone help me out here???

I posted this in the audio/navi section but I have yet to receive any kind of help. I'm thinking that maybe it's not a popular section in the forum. So I'm gonna try my luck here.

I am having a serious issue with my navigation system. Anyone with any sort of idea on what to do would be awesome.

(It's an '05 R53)

Here's a video on it:

I don't have any time or way to take it to the dealer to have them look at it and I can't afford to not have my car. So any help, and I mean any help, would be great!

Last edited by panaphobic; 07-02-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-30-2010 | 09:21 PM
AK.JCW
3rd Gear
I'm not at my car right now, but the menu button takes you to the main menu and allows you to open your bluetooth phone settings, your electronic odometer and the navigation screen settings.

If you don't want to take it to a dealer, I would take the center section only of your dash apart and pull out the navigation screen and see if you can fix the button, if not replacing it is EXPENSIVE.

Look here for some details: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...67&hg=65&fg=50

Good Luck.

Old 07-01-2010 | 08:22 AM
panaphobic
|
3rd Gear
Yeah I've checked this out online too, but the assembly has the screen on it and everything. I don't need that since that works fine. I'm assuming it has something to do with the either the menu button assembly or the actual button on the circuit board. Is anyone out there good with circuitry? I might need a little help with this if that's the case cuz there's no way I'm shelling out nearly $2000 for a new navi assembly!!!