Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical Coding interior welcome lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016 | 10:45 AM
Bossworld
|
1st Gear
Coding interior welcome lights?

Hi,

I've got a late 2010 Countryman Cooper S. Got my coding cable and I've figured out everything I wanted with NCS Expert - a couple of bits I tried didn't work but that's fine can cope without (e.g. follow me home lights by pressing Trunk button on the fob).

One that is currently puzzling me - when I unlock the car, the only interior light that comes on is the overhead light in the middle of the car. Other people talk about having the mood lighting coming on once a door opens, or having a disco effect before it then settles back on the original colour.

For me, the mood lights only come on once I've pressed the Start button?

I've coded WELCOME_SCENARIO_ACTIVE aktiv into the FRM module but this doesn't seem to have made a difference.

In case it could be affected by something else, the other mods I've done:

- Shut windows/sunroof by holding lock button.
- DRL - sidelights only.
- Exterior welcome lights - enabled front fogs as well as the original sidelights.
- Video in motion
- Disable air con automatically coming on with the AUTO button

Any advice would be gratefully received. The only other settings I've seen from others existing configs (with the WELCOME_SCENARIO_ACTIVE setting already set to active) mention:

INNENLICHT_ABSENKEN wert_09. TIME_COLOR_CIRCLE 3sec. WELCOME_SCENARIO_ACTIVE aktiv.

Whereas mine is set to:

INNENLICHT_ABSENKEN wert_06
TIME_COLOR_CIRCLE 5sec

Not sure if that would make a difference, or if it's just something not available on a 2010 car? For what it's worth, the two settings mentioned above didn't exist in my FRM module when I first read it with NCS Expert and seem to have been put in after writing the changes back.