F54 F54 JCW Wheel Query

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2022 | 03:01 AM
Toadconsulting
|
Neutral
F54 JCW Wheel Query

Hi all and greetings from the UK!

I'm struggling to get some feedback back here, so thought I'd reach out to my Clubman brothers and sisters the other side of the pond! My JCW has the OEM 18" grip wheels which I've never been a fan of. I see the stock fitment is 8jx18 ET57 (PDC 5x112, bore 66.6mm) - now I'm getting feedback from UK wheel suppliers that is hindering my ability to change wheels going outside of the stock fitment "they won't fit over the big JCW callipers" etc. I'm hoping you guys and gals can provide some feedback on what you have done - I'd like to get some BBS SR Y spokes on my clubby.. I want to stick with 18" wheels for better ride (I have read going to 19" might not be possible anyway as I have the adaptive suspension option?!?!) - currently I have 225/40/18 Super Sport tyres... ideally I'd like to go to 225/45/18 to improve the ride and "fill" the arch a bit more.

Any advice/feedback is most welcome! Picture of my Clubby below, it is a 2019 so the revised 300bhp version.... the al black alloys in my opinion make things too dark so looking at the BBS SR's in Grey/polished to brighten things up!

Last edited by Toadconsulting; 03-01-2022 at 03:13 AM.
The following users liked this post:
rabia (03-01-2022)
Old 03-01-2022 | 03:43 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Most wheel shops will let you return a wheel that hasn’t had a tire mounted. So, you ‘could’ get one wheel and see if it will fit over the brakes. If it fits, then get the other three.

Old 03-01-2022 | 03:56 AM
Toadconsulting
|
Neutral
Originally Posted by njaremka
Most wheel shops will let you return a wheel that hasn’t had a tire mounted. So, you ‘could’ get one wheel and see if it will fit over the brakes. If it fits, then get the other three.
I have a local wheel supplier to me that can supply be the BBS wheels and seem confident ET45s will fit (worst case 5mm spacer). They are 30mins away so my plan put the order in and go down... First step take one wheel off and offer the BBS up and see what happens.

Old 03-01-2022 | 07:24 PM
Masada
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Toadconsulting

I'm struggling to get some feedback back here, so thought I'd reach out to my Clubman brothers and sisters the other side of the pond! My JCW has the OEM 18" grip wheels which I've never been a fan of. I see the stock fitment is 8jx18 ET57 (PDC 5x112, bore 66.6mm) - now I'm getting feedback from UK wheel suppliers that is hindering my ability to change wheels going outside of the stock fitment "they won't fit over the big JCW callipers" etc. I'm hoping you guys and gals can provide some feedback on what you have done - I'd like to get some BBS SR Y spokes on my clubby.. I want to stick with 18" wheels for better ride (I have read going to 19" might not be possible anyway as I have the adaptive suspension option?!?!) - currently I have 225/40/18 Super Sport tyres... ideally I'd like to go to 225/45/18 to improve the ride and "fill" the arch a bit more.

Any advice/feedback is most welcome! Picture of my Clubby below, it is a 2019 so the revised 300bhp version.... the al black alloys in my opinion make things too dark so looking at the BBS SR's in Grey/polished to brighten things up!

You could fit a 15mm spacer up front and a 20mm in the rear so that is effectively an et 42 and 37 respectively so if you run a 5mm spacer you are fine as long as you do the .ath and consider the offset of any wheel you fit on there. Just be mindful that the brake disc is big so some 18 inch wheels won't clear the disc if they have a reverse mount setup like on some multipiece wheels.
As for caliper clearance I just had it all measured and filled out a fitment sheet and sent that to various wheel comlani s to see what wheels they had which would fit and/or what scaler size would be needed.

The following users liked this post:
Toadconsulting (03-01-2022)
Old 03-06-2022 | 05:30 AM
BendersMINI
2nd Gear

According to US-based Tire Rack, the SR wheels have enough room to fit the JCW brakes, even in 17". Also, I'm sure I remember seeing someone on here post a picture of their F54 with the 17" BBS SR wheels. I feel 90% certain it was a JCW because I made a mental note of it ( I had also been thinking about the SRs) You may just try a more in-depth search to find that person or thread here to confirm.
My other go-to source where I have bought wheels in the past is Performance Alloys in the UK... and they also show fitment for the SR in 17 and 18". Hope this helps!
(Or I may misunderstand which wheels you're looking into?)

Great looking F54, by the way!

Old 03-06-2022 | 06:44 AM
Toadconsulting
|
Neutral
Originally Posted by BendersMINI
According to US-based Tire Rack, the SR wheels have enough room to fit the JCW brakes, even in 17". Also, I'm sure I remember seeing someone on here post a picture of their F54 with the 17" BBS SR wheels. I feel 90% certain it was a JCW because I made a mental note of it ( I had also been thinking about the SRs) You may just try a more in-depth search to find that person or thread here to confirm.
My other go-to source where I have bought wheels in the past is Performance Alloys in the UK... and they also show fitment for the SR in 17 and 18". Hope this helps!
(Or I may misunderstand which wheels you're looking into?)

Great looking F54, by the way!
Thanks for the reply - I have been speaking to Performance Alloys (and a few others) getting some very different replies! A local company to me did more digging and found 1 set or 18" SRs in the country (in the grey) and had been advised 10mm spacers, turns out one was damaged and they were being advised 3-4 weeks for a replacement (right now I though "and the rest" so cancelled).

I'm now looking at a few others, maybe Team Dynamics or possibly the starting to think the Bola VSTs in Matt bronze could suit my Clubby well?? I have been told the Bola's will fit and waiting some details from Team Dynamics.
https://www.lkperformance.co.uk/whee...RoCymwQAvD_BwE

Did not expect such hard work to switch wheels 😂

Old 09-09-2022 | 05:47 AM
rmepilot
1st Gear
My wife has a 2018 JCW Clubman and after hitting a pothole, I was also in a quest for new wheels. After months of research (and getting the wife's approval...) I ended up with BBS XR 8x18 ET37 and the fit was perfect. I'm also running 235/40/18.

The following 3 users liked this post by rmepilot:
aldo98229 (09-03-2023), BendersMINI (09-11-2022), Speedy-218 (09-13-2022)
Old 09-09-2022 | 06:41 AM
Toadconsulting
|
Neutral
I went for exactly the same (though in grey)! Great wheels I must say...

The following 3 users liked this post by Toadconsulting:
BendersMINI (09-11-2022), rmepilot (09-09-2022), Speedy-218 (09-13-2022)
Old 09-09-2022 | 06:45 AM
rmepilot
1st Gear
I went for exactly the same (though in grey)! Great wheels I must say...

Looks great. I stayed with the RF's so my wife has get home tires, when I'm traveling for work. With that said, I'm happy with the Bridgestone DriveGuard Plus in 235/40's.

I drove out to BBS in Atlanta to ensure they fit over the JCW brakes. Great guys to work with.