F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Order Status

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 06:17 AM
misspriss
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ojedam64
its a little behind schedule (was supposed to be in at 1 am this morning) but its getting closer (this pic is about an hour old)
How exciting!! We can't wait to see pics!!!

Old 04-22-2014, 06:19 AM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by papawhiskey
Tried it this AM. The "voice" said it's on the dock but doesn't have a ship assignment yet. Woo Hoo! We're almost on our way!
Yea what I get...it's killing me.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:40 AM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by VYPUR
Yea what I get...it's killing me.
Not sure I'm at the dock. Mini says I'm waiting for carrier release. I've been in this one for 10 days. I hope it's half way home when I get the next status change. I really would like the vessel name so I can track it.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:10 AM
ojedam64
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jobrando
Not sure I'm at the dock. Mini says I'm waiting for carrier release. I've been in this one for 10 days. I hope it's half way home when I get the next status change. I really would like the vessel name so I can track it.
Did you call the MA to see if he has a different status? mine was 4 or 5 days at sea before the people at mini usa updated the status.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:45 AM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Did you call the MA to see if he has a different status? mine was 4 or 5 days at sea before the people at mini usa updated the status.
I have not asked but I will. Thanks I hope she's sailng home

Old 04-22-2014, 09:16 AM
steve1ddd
3rd Gear
I am sitting home as we speak waiting for the dealer to call. The truck is supposed to drop my baby at the dealership today....after all the waiting, this is the worst part lol. If it comes too late, I have to wait for tomorrow.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:26 AM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Originally Posted by steve1ddd
I am sitting home as we speak waiting for the dealer to call. The truck is supposed to drop my baby at the dealership today....after all the waiting, this is the worst part lol. If it comes too late, I have to wait for tomorrow.
That's awesome!! Can't wait to see it.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:26 AM
ojedam64
3rd Gear
My MA told me it takes 3 days for them to have it ready after it's dropped off. not sure what all they have to do to it after it arrives at the dealership.

anyone else know?

Old 04-22-2014, 09:28 AM
jobrando
2nd Gear
I'm worried Mini is in the ship hole. I hope she is on the top deck. I know she is crying for her daddy.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:29 AM
torpeau
4th Gear

And then you'll have to sit and sign your name 10 or 12 times on all those forms while your car is outside beckoning to you.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:37 AM
steve1ddd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by torpeau
And then you'll have to sit and sign your name 10 or 12 times on all those forms while your car is outside beckoning to you.
Walking in with a draft check from my credit union. Lots less forms for me.. On thing the kinda irked me a bit. They told me even though I have a check in hand, they still want to run my credit though their people. My credit is good but it is the point of it that bothers me. I am not using them so don't run my report and add inquires needlessly. I will walk off the damn lot and they can give me back my deposit if it comes to it. But I doubt it will. But if it does, there will be a nicely equipped mcs in denver if anyone is interested lol.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:43 AM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Walking in with a draft check from my credit union. Lots less forms for me.. On thing the kinda irked me a bit. They told me even though I have a check in hand, they still want to run my credit though their people. My credit is good but it is the point of it that bothers me. I am not using them so don't run my report and add inquires needlessly. I will walk off the damn lot and they can give me back my deposit if it comes to it. But I doubt it will. But if it does, there will be a nicely equipped mcs in denver if anyone is interested lol.
That's cold. I'll fight for my Mini. I always pay cash. Already paid them most of it.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:52 AM
steve1ddd
3rd Gear
That's cold. I'll fight for my Mini. I always pay cash. Already paid them most of it.
Did they insist on running your report? This dealer is not living up to my expectations. I bought from them in 2010 and everything was great. They are not at all informed on the F56 nor are they willing to do any follow up or research on status. But there are only 2 dealers in all of colorado so this is what I am stuck with.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:57 AM
ojedam64
3rd Gear
running your credit just to do it is stupid, I would tell them flat NO! sounds like another item for the "over the top dealer options" thread.

I'm financing very little of my mini (only 10k) and I already have approved financing, I'll be walking in with 2 checks, one from my personal account and one from my bank of choice. If they gave me greif about the credit check, I'd hold up the nearly 30 grand and say you want my money or not?! i bet they don't quibble over running your credit for very long.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:58 AM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Did they insist on running your report? This dealer is not living up to my expectations. I bought from them in 2010 and everything was great. They are not at all informed on the F56 nor are they willing to do any follow up or research on status. But there are only 2 dealers in all of colorado so this is what I am stuck with.
Yes, I think before I made the down payment but at my age (old) I dont care. I think they must have a requirement even if you bring in a bag of cash. Fishing for info I guess.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:20 AM
russmini
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
When I bought my last MINI the finance manager said there had been a number of scammers paying by check that didn't clear. Probably they need to do the credit check to make sure it doesn't happen.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:27 AM
steve1ddd
3rd Gear
running your credit just to do it is stupid, I would tell them flat NO! sounds like another item for the "over the top dealer options" thread. I'm financing very little of my mini (only 10k) and I already have approved financing, I'll be walking in with 2 checks, one from my personal account and one from my bank of choice. If they gave me greif about the credit check, I'd hold up the nearly 30 grand and say you want my money or not?! i bet they don't quibble over running your credit for very long.
this is my plan. My guess is that they want my money more than my credit score lol

Old 04-22-2014, 10:28 AM
torpeau
4th Gear
Walking in with a draft check from my credit union. Lots less forms for me.
I guess I'll be doing the reverse. I'm planning to write a personal check (money mkt) and then go to the credit union a few days later and get my money back at 2.5% APR @ 72 months (free money). That's what I did with my 2010 VW. Didn't realize back then that a bank wouldn't do a loan that way, but credit unions do.

Last edited by torpeau; 04-22-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:39 AM
steve1ddd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by torpeau
I guess I'll be doing the reverse. I'm planning to write a personal check (money mkt) and then go to the credit union a few days later and get my money back at 2.5% APR (free money). That's what I did with my 2010 VW. Didn't realize back then that a bank wouldn't do a loan that way, but credit unions do.
ya my credit union gave me up to 36k at 1.99 for 72 months. I was going to put a big down payment down but with money that cheap, why bother

Old 04-22-2014, 11:54 AM
jobrando
2nd Gear
ya my credit union gave me up to 36k at 1.99 for 72 months. I was going to put a big down payment down but with money that cheap, why bother
A good reason for them doing it is to insure your a good credit risk if you back off your pledge to pay in cash. They then have the option to finance the car to good credit. You

Old 04-22-2014, 12:36 PM
jmeryllman
2nd Gear
New to Mini... here's my story.

I saw the F56 during my dealership launch event of on April 12. Fell in love with the Volcanic Orange MCS. So, I came back on April 15 to order. I was told that it would take 6-8 weeks. Then we went through what I wanted. Lo and behold, they have one coming with all the specs I want minus the cornering lights. I quickly place the deposit on that one. The car arrived stateside yesterday, and is estimated to be delivered by Monday. Full 2-week wait.

MCS Volcanic Orange
Fully Loaded Package
Sport Package with black roof, mirrors and wheels
Wired Pack and Upgrade
DDC
Automatic
bonnet stripes
etc

Old 04-22-2014, 01:09 PM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jmeryllman

I saw the F56 during my dealership launch event of on April 12. Fell in love with the Volcanic Orange MCS. So, I came back on April 15 to order. I was told that it would take 6-8 weeks. Then we went through what I wanted. Lo and behold, they have one coming with all the specs I want minus the cornering lights. I quickly place the deposit on that one. The car arrived stateside yesterday, and is estimated to be delivered by Monday. Full 2-week wait.

MCS Volcanic Orange
Fully Loaded Package
Wired Pack and Upgrade
DDC
Automatic
bonnet stripes
etc
but you will miss the birthing process we all go through...
That 6-8 weeks is a crock. They told me that and I put it in there face but I was not listening at the time. It's 6-8 weeks after birth. Thats the time to get it across the pond. So it will be 12-16 for the complete process for me. I started March 11th and I have a born baby but she still got to get home.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:24 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by jmeryllman

MCS Volcanic Orange
Fully Loaded Package
Wired Pack and Upgrade
DDC
Automatic
bonnet stripes
etc
I want one just about like that one. Is there any way to view inventory at Mini dealerships, or do you have to call and talk to an MA? The one in Scottsdale where I bought originally is still there, but since 2007 2 other AZ dealerships have opened.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:30 PM
jmeryllman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
I want one just about like that one. Is there any way to view inventory at Mini dealerships, or do you have to call and talk to an MA? The one in Scottsdale where I bought originally is still there, but since 2007 2 other AZ dealerships have opened.
I talked to the MA in person, then they showed us (my wife & I) the Vehicle Inquiry Report. We reviewed it, and we put the deposit.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:43 PM
ojedam64
3rd Gear
but you will miss the birthing process we all go through...
That 6-8 weeks is a crock. They told me that and I put it in there face but I was not listening at the time. It's 6-8 weeks after birth. Thats the time to get it across the pond. So it will be 12-16 for the complete process for me. I started March 11th and I have a born baby but she still got to get home.
i'm at 41 days from my order date right now...that's basically 6 weeks...if all goes well I'll get it by the end of week 7 FINGERS CROSSED

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Order Status