F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Order Status

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 04:52 PM
cagger
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all those people that had a scheduled production completion date of today 5/21, call and see if it got done.

Mine finished assembly today and will be heading to the port. The BMW archive link works already for my VIN and everything looks to be good on there

The track and trace website does not have any info yet, but I assume my car should get to port tomorrow sometime and can get a booking soon afterwards.

Super Excited!

Old 05-21-2014, 05:47 PM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cagger
For all those people that had a scheduled production completion date of today 5/21, call and see if it got done.

Mine finished assembly today and will be heading to the port. The BMW archive link works already for my VIN and everything looks to be good on there

The track and trace website does not have any info yet, but I assume my car should get to port tomorrow sometime and can get a booking soon afterwards.

Super Excited!
Just called,spoke to live person ,she said my car is at port being loaded!! Had her repeat that(3 times)!!A couple of us here in N.Y./N.J should be sailing together,on the 5/24 departure. I am happy,my wife is happy,my dog is happy!!!

Old 05-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Pennengr
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sacandagadano
Just called,spoke to live person ,she said my car is at port being loaded!! Had her repeat that(3 times)!!A couple of us here in N.Y./N.J should be sailing together,on the 5/24 departure. I am happy,my wife is happy,my dog is happy!!!
Happy for you.... What was your build completion date?

Old 05-22-2014, 12:29 AM
winkayy
1st Gear
sorry guys..

Hi everyone, so i feel kinda lame reading all of these posts and not understanding where you guys get all your info from. So i ordered my mini, first week of april, (volcanic orange, cooper s, fully loaded &#128513 and when i check on the owners lounge it says sheduled for production. how do i know where exactly it is, what boat it is going to be on, etc. do you guys get emails or something? bc all i see is what the owners lounge tells me, and my delership sucks and i had to pull teeth to even get my production number to track my mini, so theyre useless. (MINI of valencia, southern california)

thanks in advance!

Old 05-22-2014, 04:27 AM
Pennengr
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by winkayy
Hi everyone, so i feel kinda lame reading all of these posts and not understanding where you guys get all your info from. So i ordered my mini, first week of april, (volcanic orange, cooper s, fully loaded &#128513 and when i check on the owners lounge it says sheduled for production. how do i know where exactly it is, what boat it is going to be on, etc. do you guys get emails or something? bc all i see is what the owners lounge tells me, and my delership sucks and i had to pull teeth to even get my production number to track my mini, so theyre useless. (MINI of valencia, southern california)

thanks in advance!
There's a good thread here:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...your-mini.html

as well as on some of the other mini forums (google "mini order tracking").

Old 05-22-2014, 06:58 AM
angrybears
3rd Gear
Wooot, released to carrier!! She's a real car now!!

Old 05-22-2014, 07:09 AM
Mrdi
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This post is addressed for

Winkay

You're probably aboard Morning Chant.
Read my Postings.
---------------------------------------------
1 866 2756464
Call the live number above and ask.
Have your order number handy.
Morning Chant is heading up the coast from Panama and due to arrive Port Hueneme 5/29

Last edited by Mrdi; 05-22-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:11 AM
angrybears
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mrdi
Wink
You're probably aboard Morning Chant.
Read my Postings
Call the live number in the above link to you and ask.
I'm in Utah so I am guessing that it's going to ship on the Fedora leaving on the 4th arriving in Port Hueneme on the 25th. I didn't think the live number had info on the car once its left the production facility?

Old 05-22-2014, 07:14 AM
cagger
1st Gear
Originally Posted by angrybears
I'm in Utah so I am guessing that it's going to ship on the Fedora leaving on the 4th arriving in Port Hueneme on the 25th. I didn't think the live number had info on the car once its left the production facility?
Mine left the factory yesterday, but MINIUSA said it would take a day or so to get to port and then be booked after that. I am also expecting to have to sit at port until the FEDORA arrives June 3rd. However, MINIUSA did say that it would be able to tell us in a couple days what ship it will be on so that we can track it. I am expecting to call tomorrow to see if they have any news if the cargo tracking website still shows nothing.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:22 AM
Mrdi
5th Gear
Originally Posted by angrybears

WINKAYY

I ordered April 12 from CA
The live number will tell you which boat you're on.
1 866 275 6464
Establish that first
Then post the vessel

Last edited by Mrdi; 05-22-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:55 AM
winkayy
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Pennengr
There's a good thread here:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...your-mini.html

as well as on some of the other mini forums (google "mini order tracking").

thank you very much! )

Old 05-22-2014, 09:09 AM
winkayy
1st Gear
i just called mini and was able to talk to someone, sadly they said my mini had just finished production yesterday, im assuming because there were so many things added, and i know they ran out of HK sound.. but i was able to get my vin! :D stinks because i got so excited that my mini was only a few days away.. haha but doesnt look like its on morning chant! :(

Old 05-22-2014, 09:22 AM
Mrdi
5th Gear
i just called mini and was able to talk to someone, sadly they said my mini had just finished production yesterday, im assuming because there were so many things added, and i know they ran out of HK sound.. but i was able to get my vin! :D stinks because i got so excited that my mini was only a few days away.. haha but doesnt look like its on morning chant! :(
Well at least you know where it is and you now have resources to follow up
Bonne Chance
Mrdi

Old 05-22-2014, 09:25 AM
winkayy
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Mrdi
Well at least you know where it is and you now have resources to follow up
Bonne Chance
Mrdi

yes thank you! you were very helpful, i hope you race your mini for the both of us as soon as you get it! 😏

Old 05-22-2014, 03:55 PM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by chrisfowler99
At the dock, awaiting transport.

Next boat out is on the 19th...fingers crossed.
Still at the dock. :(

Next ship is Saturday.

Then it's over a week until the next ship. Two of them on 6/1.

Going crazy over here!

Old 05-22-2014, 05:31 PM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Pennengr
Happy for you.... What was your build completion date?
production completed 5/21.I could not believe it was in port and being loaded the same day. i did ask the woman if she was sure of this,(3 times) . got an email from my motoring advisor today ,she says ETA is a couple of weeks.Hard for me to believe car will sail from U.K. to N.Y. then trucked to Albany that fast!!

Old 05-22-2014, 05:34 PM
winkayy
1st Gear
so i read the link with how to track you mini, and you can't just type in the vin number anywhere, theres no cargo search button.. is there something else people are using to find their boats and whatnot? thanks!

Old 05-22-2014, 05:36 PM
AJW
2nd Gear
Completion date is today. I called MINI and the automated says its being assembled. Im hoping mine makes the next ship also.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:06 PM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AJW
Completion date is today. I called MINI and the automated says its being assembled. Im hoping mine makes the next ship also.
Hello,I believe next sailing is 5/24 then 6/1. Hope you make it also.Waiting is ----!!

Old 05-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Pennengr
3rd Gear
so i read the link with how to track you mini, and you can't just type in the vin number anywhere, theres no cargo search button.. is there something else people are using to find their boats and whatnot? thanks!
I've been using

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...ckSearchResult

But mine is still sitting on the dock wasting time, so to speak. No records found. Six days now.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:12 PM
AJW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sacandagadano
Hello,I believe next sailing is 5/24 then 6/1. Hope you make it also.Waiting is ----!!
Please....my anxiety level is through the roof. Nice that your MA emailed you. I hope mine does the same.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:34 PM
DougH
2nd Gear
OK I was correct and my fear was confirmed. My car finished its build on 5/20 and while I was looking at specs something didn't seem right. I used the BMW VIN decoder as someone had suggested (man that is a neat thing) and with some further research it looks like the factory somehow messed up my order and built the car with a Body color roof instead of white roof/white mirrors.

Talked to my MA advisor this afternoon and they are trying to figure out what happened as it had shown the correct specs (also Mini is starting some sort of error file under my name) The dealer is going to resubmit my order for another build tomorrow I think but that is going to set things back a couple more weeks I'd guess. ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Not sure at this point what they might offer as compensation, I sure hope more than just an apology, Not sure what I should even ask for or deserve but think it should be something for their error.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Mrdi
5th Gear
Doug
They will make it right. Sorry for the disappointment.
Perhaps you can post the BMW vin decoder?

Old 05-22-2014, 07:19 PM
Mfrank1984
1st Gear
Here is the vin decoder that even has color pictures of the car.

http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html

Old 05-22-2014, 08:01 PM
MT Motorin
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi All:

Looks like some of you are just joining this thread. If interested, please see my posting on 05-13-14 at 1:51 p.m. (Post #349). It has the two websites where we have all been entering our VINs (Cargo ID field) to figure out which vessel our cars have been booked on and the live vessel tracking (marine tracking) site. Gotta say it's been fun tracking the ships and special thanks to "Mrdi" for keeping on top of the Morning Chant's progress!

We have also been calling the MINI USA Customer Relations number (866-27506464) and our dealership's Motoring Advisors (MAs) and their supervisors/managers for information. The MINI USA Owner's Lounge seems to run at least 3 - 5 days behind when it comes to updating status from On Order to In Production to Awaiting Transport, etc.

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Order Status