F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Order Status

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 11:56 AM
cwginac
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by winkayy
i just checked and my mini finally got booked!

vessel name: daedalus leader
port: south hampton
leaving: 5/28/2014
estimated arrival: 6/20/2014

so.. assuming it arrived by the 20th, and it takes about 3 hours to get to my dealership, hopefully ill have it by the 22nd at the latest?!?!

STOKED!!!!!
Yeah, probably not. It has to be transferred to the BMW plant for final inspection. I've read this usually takes a few days, and up to a week before it gets released.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:21 PM
winkayy
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cwginac
Yeah, probably not. It has to be transferred to the BMW plant for final inspection. I've read this usually takes a few days, and up to a week before it gets released.

sigh.. well thanks for the info, either way i should have it before july :D

Old 05-23-2014, 01:45 PM
MT Motorin
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nicaragua - Whoo Hoo! Just hope the "kids" don't get too seasick since my morning briefing from work says that "as of 0500 hrs EDT on 5/23, the center of Tropical Depression One-E was 625 miles SSW of Manzanillo, Mexico with max sustained winds of 35 mph moving WNW at 5 mph and is expected to strengthen into a Tropical Storm today."

Not too worried about tropical storms and it doesn't look like this is likely to become a tropical cyclone before making landfall...

Can't wait to get it to Portland and then over the Rockies to Montana!

Old 05-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Diana De Van
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder if your Minis send you guys selfies from their cruise
Oh don't mind me, I'm just jealous - here in Canada we just wait for news from our salesperson. No idea of the date the order went in, build date etc.
*drumming fingers on desk and whistling*

Old 05-23-2014, 03:48 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Diana De Van
I wonder if your Minis send you guys selfies from their cruise
Oh don't mind me, I'm just jealous - here in Canada we just wait for news from our salesperson. No idea of the date the order went in, build date etc.
*drumming fingers on desk and whistling*
lol. Does 1-866-Ask-Mini not work for Canadian orders?

Old 05-23-2014, 04:32 PM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
I am booked on the Independence ,leaves southhampton 5/25 arriving in NY 6/4..I hope AJW,SeppTB and Cager all make this crossing..

Old 05-23-2014, 05:08 PM
AJW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sacandagadano
I am booked on the Independence ,leaves southhampton 5/25 arriving in NY 6/4..I hope AJW,SeppTB and Cager all make this crossing..
Awww...thanks so much!! I called again tonight..and it is still stating that the car is waiting to be released
So glad you have a definitive answer. Gives the rest of us something to look forward to!!
Im trying to be optimistic. .not easy.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:30 PM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AJW
Awww...thanks so much!! I called again tonight..and it is still stating that the car is waiting to be released
So glad you have a definitive answer. Gives the rest of us something to look forward to!!
Im trying to be optimistic. .not easy.
Did you enter your vin on the tracking Link? see post 470 .

Old 05-23-2014, 05:35 PM
AJW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sacandagadano
Did you enter your vin on the tracking Link? see post 470 .
Yes..about 2 hours ago. Its not there yet. There is still hope for the 25th...im hoping its been released and the system hasn't caught up yet. I had to do something today so ive been searching for seat covers ..my puppy will be the MINI s best friend!

Old 05-23-2014, 07:29 PM
bluvw69
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AJW
Yes..about 2 hours ago. Its not there yet. There is still hope for the 25th...im hoping its been released and the system hasn't caught up yet. I had to do something today so ive been searching for seat covers ..my puppy will be the MINI s best friend!
I'm in the same boat (figuratively). My status has been "Production Completed" for 4 days now, I'm starting to get anxious.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:33 PM
AJW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bluvw69
I'm in the same boat (figuratively). My status has been "Production Completed" for 4 days now, I'm starting to get anxious.
Not sure why some get more definitive answers about status than others. Dont worry..for all you know..your car could be at port right now. Yep..that's what I'm going with! :-)

Old 05-23-2014, 08:53 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by AJW
I've got the same, AJW. No tracking info yet, even though my production said finished a few days ago. I read around a bit more, it seems W&W isn't 100% at getting VINs entered into the tracking, and Mini tracking isn't 100% at reporting exactly where you're at over the phone. I've been told 'In transport to port of exit' all day long, and well, it doesn't take that long to go 30 miles by train

Still a couple days before the boat loads up, so we've got a chance still! If not, the infinitely cooler named Don Juan should get ours the week after!

Old 05-23-2014, 09:01 PM
bluvw69
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I'm lucky enough to catch the next boat (5/26), it'll be the "Titania" :-/

Old 05-23-2014, 10:51 PM
smallbug
2nd Gear
On the boat!
She is currently on Toreador, due in at port in CA on June 12th and to my dealership about 10 days later I was told.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:57 AM
Mrdi
5th Gear
Originally Posted by smallbug
On the boat!
She is currently on Toreador, due in at port in CA on June 12th and to my dealership about 10 days later I was told.
Will she land in Port Hueneme or go up to the Bay Area?

Old 05-24-2014, 07:54 AM
AJW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SeppTB
I've got the same, AJW. No tracking info yet, even though my production said finished a few days ago. I read around a bit more, it seems W&W isn't 100% at getting VINs entered into the tracking, and Mini tracking isn't 100% at reporting exactly where you're at over the phone. I've been told 'In transport to port of exit' all day long, and well, it doesn't take that long to go 30 miles by train

Still a couple days before the boat loads up, so we've got a chance still! If not, the infinitely cooler named Don Juan should get ours the week after!
LOL...Thanks...Whatever will be will be...Im still getting the same message as yesterday. Don Juan is cooler though.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:26 AM
smallbug
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mrdi
Will she land in Port Hueneme or go up to the Bay Area?
Good question, I wish I knew the answer. My MA just said "the port in CA". He also gave me a link to track the cargo ship, so of course I've been checking it's location daily.
Her final destination before I pick her up is Seattle though.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:48 AM
Mrdi
5th Gear
Originally Posted by smallbug
Good question, I wish I knew the answer. My MA just said "the port in CA". He also gave me a link to track the cargo ship, so of course I've been checking it's location daily.
Her final destination before I pick her up is Seattle though.
When you click on the ship it will tell her destination and ETA.
You will have to oogle the destination to find the Port.
For instance US NTD is the country (US) and the Port (NTD) Port Hueneme.
The first stop is coming from the UK to the west coast is usually PA , Panama.
Morning Chant came thru the Canal 3 days ago and is currently off Mexico , approx. SW of Mexico City. That is about 1500 miles from the Canal.
She is due in Hueneme on the 29th.
You can plot distance and time by playing around on this site:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...ate:lastknown#

Old 05-24-2014, 08:57 AM
smallbug
2nd Gear
When you click on the ship it will tell her destination and ETA.
You will have to oogle the destination to find the Port.
For instance US NTD is the country (US) and the Port (NTD) Port Hueneme.
The first stop is coming from the UK to the west coast is usually PA , Panama.
Morning Chant came thru the Canal 3 days ago and is currently off Mexico , approx. SW of Mexico City. That is about 1500 miles from the Canal.
She is due in Hueneme on the 29th.
You can plot distance and time by playing around on this site:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...ate:lastknown#

I see what you mean. Mine says destination MANZANILLO. When I googled, it's somewhere in Mexico.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:03 AM
Mrdi
5th Gear
Toreador left the UK 2 days ago, she is on her way to Manzanillo, that is the Port in Panama. She is making 17 kts (20mph) and ...
She will arrive PA on the 2nd.
You can plot her progress by using D=RT since you know her destination, rate, and heading.

Last edited by Mrdi; 05-24-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:56 AM
smallbug
2nd Gear
Toreador left the UK 2 days ago, she is on her way to Manzanillo, that is the Port in Panama. She is making 17 kts (20mph) and ...
She will arrive PA on the 2nd.
You can plot her progress by using D=RT since you know her destination, rate, and heading.

Thanks!! My first mini so my stalking skills are a low level. Also, until now I've never had much reason to play around on the marine vessels tracking page.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:04 PM
randomquickness
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
finally ordered...how long is the average wait these days? My MA said 7-9 weeks...that's gonna feel like forever!

Old 05-24-2014, 12:54 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by randomquickness
finally ordered...how long is the average wait these days? My MA said 7-9 weeks...that's gonna feel like forever!
Seems about right.

For better answers there's a number of factors to consider. Did your MA enter it as replacement for one of their existing orders? What priority number was it given? Did you get a contrasting roof/mirror color? Did you get the HK sound system? The contrasting color and HK system both have delays, though the color issue seems to be worked out a bit.

But a full body color, no HK, replacement order with priority one is going to enter production much quicker. We've seen some orders like this finish production less than 2 weeks after ordering, where as some of us had to wait 6 weeks or more after ordering to enter production. And shipping is a whole other beast.

The wait sucks. =)

Old 05-24-2014, 01:05 PM
randomquickness
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SeppTB
Seems about right.

For better answers there's a number of factors to consider. Did your MA enter it as replacement for one of their existing orders? What priority number was it given? Did you get a contrasting roof/mirror color? Did you get the HK sound system? The contrasting color and HK system both have delays, though the color issue seems to be worked out a bit.

But a full body color, no HK, replacement order with priority one is going to enter production much quicker. We've seen some orders like this finish production less than 2 weeks after ordering, where as some of us had to wait 6 weeks or more after ordering to enter production. And shipping is a whole other beast.

The wait sucks. =)
Yes, contrasting roof (black though) and yes HK. No idea of priority code.

At what production date will they change to '15 models?

Old 05-24-2014, 01:48 PM
MT Motorin
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi - don't go for the automated options; pick the Customer Relations option and talk to a real person. I've had much better luck and can ask questions. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Order Status