F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Order Status

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 01:58 PM
MT Motorin
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by smallbug
Good question, I wish I knew the answer. My MA just said "the port in CA". He also gave me a link to track the cargo ship, so of course I've been checking it's location daily.
Her final destination before I pick her up is Seattle though.
Hi - As far as I've been told, all west coast deliveries go to Port Hueneme. I'm getting mine through MINI of Portland. That dealership has 30 vehicles coming on the Morning Chant and I understand there will be others on that ship slated for the other Pacific NW dealerships as well...Car carriers will truck them up the coast and/or out to other western dealerships. Pretty sure the ship does not make further deliveries north of Port Hueneme.

Also, we've been told the cars will go through their "final" inspection at the port. This is to fix any mishaps that may have occurred during transport and to have extras installed like rear spoiler installations. Then, the dealership has their day of prep to make sure the cars are clean and install any dealer-installed extras like clear bra, window tinting, mud flaps, and other accessories.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:49 PM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question....My Mini landed Friday in Brunswick Ga....How long does Mini let them sit before moving to dealers?

Old 05-24-2014, 04:09 PM
MT Motorin
1st Gear
Hi All:

Guess I've been too focused on tracking my F56 across the pond, so finally blipped into the MINIs in General - 1st Gear forum and found this.

For those who are like me and fairly new to the forums, you might find an old post from Sticky (Dave) titled "Inside the Port Hueneme Vehicle Distribution Center" interesting. Dave's post with pics is at the beginning of the thread and dated 1/24/04. Apparently, the other VDCs on the east coast are very similar.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:33 PM
Mrdi
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's the link.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...on-center.html

Last edited by Mrdi; 05-24-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:33 PM
smallbug
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MT Motorin
Hi - As far as I've been told, all west coast deliveries go to Port Hueneme. I'm getting mine through MINI of Portland. That dealership has 30 vehicles coming on the Morning Chant and I understand there will be others on that ship slated for the other Pacific NW dealerships as well...Car carriers will truck them up the coast and/or out to other western dealerships. Pretty sure the ship does not make further deliveries north of Port Hueneme.

Also, we've been told the cars will go through their "final" inspection at the port. This is to fix any mishaps that may have occurred during transport and to have extras installed like rear spoiler installations. Then, the dealership has their day of prep to make sure the cars are clean and install any dealer-installed extras like clear bra, window tinting, mud flaps, and other accessories.
Cool! Thanks. Looks like mine just missed your ship. Went to port and shipped on the 19th and 22nd respectively. :D

Old 05-25-2014, 12:17 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by AJW
LOL...Thanks...Whatever will be will be...Im still getting the same message as yesterday. Don Juan is cooler though.
A smoke detector in need of a battery woke me up in the middle of the night, so of course I had to hit refresh one more time on the W&W track and trace page to see if my VIN had been registered in their system yet... and it has! Booked on the Independence II leaving tomorrow. (Well, today I guess now)

AJW, may want to check yours now. It says it was booked and received on 5/23, even though Mini's stuff all said it was on a train to the port then, and the tracking only just now started working. System is all clearly behind a bit.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:37 AM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SeppTB
A smoke detector in need of a battery woke me up in the middle of the night, so of course I had to hit refresh one more time on the W&W track and trace page to see if my VIN had been registered in their system yet... and it has! Booked on the Independence II leaving tomorrow. (Well, today I guess now)

AJW, may want to check yours now. It says it was booked and received on 5/23, even though Mini's stuff all said it was on a train to the port then, and the tracking only just now started working. System is all clearly behind a bit.
Thats great news ,SeppTB.I believe yours,AJW's and my mini were meant to make this crossing together!!

Old 05-25-2014, 05:31 AM
AJW
2nd Gear
sacandagadano & SeppTB,
I just checked...No records found as of now.
You guys are fantastic...If I dont make it on your ship..I should be right behind you!

I'll keep checking but, you guys know what time it departs??

Old 05-25-2014, 06:09 AM
Pennengr
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine's been sitting at the port since 5/16. Was really hoping to make the Independence II today but still no records found.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:31 AM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Pennengr-can your MA tell you why it is still at port? Sure seems it should be on its way.
AJW-No info on time of departure.
Heres hoping...Keep checking!

Old 05-25-2014, 08:58 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Ugh, my status on W&W's tracking just updated to 'Returned to Shipper' =(
Looks like I may have missed this boat...

Old 05-25-2014, 08:59 AM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sacandagadano
Pennengr-can your MA tell you why it is still at port? Sure seems it should be on its way.
Mine was at SouthHampton for about 7 days and end up on K-line Georgia Highway

Old 05-25-2014, 09:15 AM
Ljer
1st Gear
Originally Posted by SeppTB
Ugh, my status on W&W's tracking just updated to 'Returned to Shipper' =(
Looks like I may have missed this boat...
Mine too....my car was completed on May 15th.
I don't understand how this all works.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:13 AM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by chrisfowler99
Still at the dock. :(

Next ship is Saturday.

Then it's over a week until the next ship. Two of them on 6/1.

Going crazy over here!
Still waiting for a ship.

So far four ships have departed for Brunswick, GA since my MINI arrived at the dock. All without mine onboard.

Two ships on 6/1...it needs to be on one of those. :(

Old 05-25-2014, 11:05 AM
jobrando
2nd Gear

So far four ships have departed for Brunswick, GA since my MINI arrived at the dock. All without mine onboard.

Mine was unloaded yesterday in Brunswick. Starting the last wait I hope. I'm in Nashville about10 hour drive.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:18 AM
Ljer
1st Gear

Thats ridiculous. Has it been at the port for a month??
I don't understand how some cars get right on a ship and others keep getting bumped.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:53 AM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Ljer
Thats ridiculous. Has it been at the port for a month??
I don't understand how some cars get right on a ship and others keep getting bumped.
Only since 5/17. But there was a ship on 5/19, 5/20, 5/21 and 5/24. No more until 6/1...two that day, then 6/7.

When it reached the dock on 5/17 I had hopes of having it by mid-June...not anymore.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:02 PM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Only since 5/17. But there was a ship on 5/19, 5/20, 5/21 and 5/24. No more until 6/1...two that day, then 6/7.

When it reached the dock on 5/17 I had hopes of having it by mid-June...not anymore.
Are you quoting both lines? K-line and Wallenius both carry. I ended up on k-line after 7-10 day wait. I'll have 90 days in by the time I get mine. I'm sitting in Brunswick now trying to complete last leg of journey.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:35 PM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jobrando
Are you quoting both lines? K-line and Wallenius both carry. I ended up on k-line after 7-10 day wait. I'll have 90 days in by the time I get mine. I'm sitting in Brunswick now trying to complete last leg of journey.
Per what I was reading K-line didn't carry to Brunswick

Per the tracking page:

-Brunswick, GA (Port Loc = SSIPOA) : WW, ~17 days for transport (thanks to Bandit for the Loc Code!)
Does K-line carry to SSIPOA now?

Old 05-25-2014, 01:11 PM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Per what I was reading K-line didn't carry to Brunswick

Per the tracking page:

Does K-line carry to SSIPOA now?
Kline carried mine to Brunswick Georgia. The ship is Georgia Highway. It's in Charleston today. I tracked it with MarineTraffic app all the way over minus the seven dead days it was out of range in middle of atlantic.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:03 PM
Pennengr
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sacandagadano
Believe me, multiple phone calls are on the agenda for tomorrow. Heading for Brunswick as well.

In the mean time, spending the afternoon drinking an IPA, making homebrew ESB, and ordering floormats and stripes. Could be worse.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:10 PM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Pennengr
Believe me, multiple phone calls are on the agenda for tomorrow. Heading for Brunswick as well.

In the mean time, spending the afternoon drinking an IPA, making homebrew ESB, and ordering floormats and stripes. Could be worse.
If you have over 90 days or can project over 90 days in the process then I would be worried. We got folks on here saying they get their car in 30-45 days and that seems unrealistic but I'm sure it happens but it's rare. Be patient.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:28 PM
MT Motorin
1st Gear
Well, for those of us following the Morning Chant, hopefully our cars don't get seasick too easily. Tropical storm has been upgraded to Hurricane Amanda (Cat 4) with sustained winds of 140 mph and is 670 miles SW of Manzanillo, Mexico. As of today, the Morning Chant is tracking up the coast just north of Acapulco towards Manzanillo. Hopefully, the ship will either be ahead of or behind the storm as it strengthens and turns NNW towards land tomorrow.

Guess that's why they do a good, final inspection at the Vehicle Distribution Center in Port Hueneme!

Happy Memorial Day everyone, and for those of you who are in the service or are veterans, Thank You for your service.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:24 PM
talasyn
2nd Gear
My ship, Titania, just pulled in to South Hampton and will be departing tomorrow for Baltimore :-)

Old 05-25-2014, 05:30 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Baltimore is only 10 minutes further away from my dealer than NYC is... someone let the Mini Powers That Be know that I'm ok with my car going to Baltimore as well?? I think there's three ships leaving for Baltimore before the next NYC bound one =)

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Order Status