F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Order Status

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 06:30 PM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SeppTB
Baltimore is only 10 minutes further away from my dealer than NYC is... someone let the Mini Powers That Be know that I'm ok with my car going to Baltimore as well?? I think there's three ships leaving for Baltimore before the next NYC bound one =)
Puzzling why you were booked on the independence and then bumped.Others here sitting in port for a week... My car was given Priority one status,i thought that was just dealer B.S.,but maybe not.Hang in there !!!

Old 05-25-2014, 07:54 PM
smallbug
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sacandagadano
Puzzling why you were booked on the independence and then bumped.Others here sitting in port for a week... My car was given Priority one status,i thought that was just dealer B.S.,but maybe not.Hang in there !!!

My car was also given a priority one status. It's been a fast turn around thus far for me, especially since when I put in the order the dealership had to hold it because the factory wasn't accepting orders at the time.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:37 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I'm going to contact my MA on Tuesday and ask why he never put me on Priority 1 status... I'm on 3 - Priority Stock. I saw on the distribution center tour thread that they do priority 1 vehicles there first as well... I was bumped on production also, I originally had a completion date in early May and ended up getting bumped to the 5/21 completion I actually had. I've been wondering if this priority status has a lot to do with that... I wonder if it can be changed still.

Last edited by SeppTB; 05-25-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:55 PM
NJpark
1st Gear
Anyone know if you can add more options while it's under scheduled for production? I placed my order on 5/17 and I see at it just moved into "scheduled for production" finally.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:07 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by NJpark
Anyone know if you can add more options while it's under scheduled for production? I placed my order on 5/17 and I see at it just moved into "scheduled for production" finally.
I think that locked you in. You can make changes while its still on order, but scheduling for production means they start to assemble all the components of your car to make sure it gets pieced together correctly... so no more changes. And "Finally", ha! Read back in this thread a bit, you had an amazingly fast turn around time from order to production. I went from 4/12 order to 5/16 it finally got scheduled.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:25 PM
NJpark
1st Gear
I think that locked you in. You can make changes while its still on order, but scheduling for production means they start to assemble all the components of your car to make sure it gets pieced together correctly... so no more changes. And "Finally", ha! Read back in this thread a bit, you had an amazingly fast turn around time from order to production. I went from 4/12 order to 5/16 it finally got scheduled.
Thanks and I guess it's a good thing. It's my first MINI and I can't stop adding options. I got the full package but left out the cold package and want to add it if I can. I guess I'll try giving MA a call just to check but if not I'll still love my first MCS. I also should be thankful it went into production so fast like you said.. Thanks!

Old 05-26-2014, 03:13 AM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Yeah, I'm going to contact my MA on Tuesday and ask why he never put me on Priority 1 status... I'm on 3 - Priority Stock. I saw on the distribution center tour thread that they do priority 1 vehicles there first as well... I was bumped on production also, I originally had a completion date in early May and ended up getting bumped to the 5/21 completion I actually had. I've been wondering if this priority status has a lot to do with that... I wonder if it can be changed still.
When i placed my order(4/5) the HK audio was in very short supply.fully loaded pkg. would not accept the HK,it had to be manualy added.I believe mini was "borrowing" The HK radios from lesser speced cars that might of already been ordered.Did you order the HK and/or fully loaded pkg.?My car finished production same as yours ,was at port 5/22,booked and loaded 5/24.I am not gloating, i feel for you and everyone else waiting to get shipped.
Dan

Old 05-26-2014, 03:27 AM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by NJpark
Call your MA as soon as possible ,although as SeppTB said you are probably locked in.I wanted to add satelite and cornering lights and could not. Hard to not keep checking those boxes when you configured build!!!Welcome and congrats.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:11 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
When i placed my order(4/5) the HK audio was in very short supply.fully loaded pkg. would not accept the HK,it had to be manualy added.I believe mini was "borrowing" The HK radios from lesser speced cars that might of already been ordered.Did you order the HK and/or fully loaded pkg.?My car finished production same as yours ,was at port 5/22,booked and loaded 5/24.I am not gloating, i feel for you and everyone else waiting to get shipped.
Dan
I ordered 4/12, no HK and no fully loaded, but with the contrasting roof. So I don't feel as bad that I missed the boat, glad yours made it though as you've been waiting longer!

My MA got back to me already, and though my printed sheet on day 1 said Priority 3, it is Priority 1 in the system. So that wasn't it. I guess mine was just further back in line. Here's hoping for the Don Juan..!

Old 05-26-2014, 06:15 AM
NJpark
1st Gear
Call your MA as soon as possible ,although as SeppTB said you are probably locked in.I wanted to add satelite and cornering lights and could not. Hard to not keep checking those boxes when you configured build!!!Welcome and congrats.
Thanks and I'll try calling today/tomorrow. I bet you can't wait til 6/4 and be sure to post photos

Old 05-26-2014, 06:19 AM
Mrdi
5th Gear
Morning Chant should be approaching Puerto Vallarta Mexico this morning. 5/26
Puerto Vallarta is 265 miles south of Cabo San Lucas, Baja Mexico.

The first hurricane of the eastern Pacific season formed far off the coast of Mexico on Saturday, and experts determined it’s growing into the strongest May hurricane in modern record with sustained winds up to 155 mph.
Hurricane Amanda, which rapidly grew to a major Category 4 hurricane by Sunday, poses no immediate threat to land, forecasters with the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in Miami.
It was centered about 770 miles (1,240 kilometers) south of the southern tip of Baja California (Cabo San Lucas ) and forecasters said it was likely to start weakening while staying well out to sea, at least through Friday.

Last edited by Mrdi; 05-26-2014 at 07:00 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:57 AM
Mrdi
5th Gear
Morning Chant's reported position this A.M. 5/27 is just northwest of Cabo San Lucas, Baja CA. She is approx. 750 miles south of Port Hueneme and has estimated her ETA as 5:30 AM 5/29 PDT.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:45 AM
Nuke-em
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by talasyn
My ship, Titania, just pulled in to South Hampton and will be departing tomorrow for Baltimore :-)
I'm aboard the Titania as well and it looks like she weighed anchor yesterday. The next port of call is Spain before heading to Baltimore. According to W&W's track, she should be in the States by 6/6.

-Matt

Old 05-27-2014, 07:43 AM
talasyn
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Nuke-em
I'm aboard the Titania as well and it looks like she weighed anchor yesterday. The next port of call is Spain before heading to Baltimore. According to W&W's track, she should be in the States by 6/6.

-Matt
Hey Matt - glad to have a shipmate :-) Yep, I've been addictively looking at my iPhone app showing the current position of the ship on a map. Originally, it was due to arrive in Baltimore on 6/4, but it got bumped 2 days.

Todd

Old 05-27-2014, 08:10 AM
AJW
2nd Gear
Called my MA this morning. She has the same information as I do. Car is complete but waiting to go to port. So frustrating. There's no rhyme or reason...

Old 05-27-2014, 09:01 AM
talasyn
2nd Gear
AJW, not sure how long you're car has been in the "waiting to go to port" status, but mine was there for a full 7 days. Was transported to port on day 8 and scheduled for a ship as well. Was loaded on a ship and set sail on day 11. My original order was placed on 4/2 and I'm probably looking at taking delivery around 6/13 (ugg)

Old 05-27-2014, 09:01 AM
SpartanVet
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AJW
Called my MA this morning. She has the same information as I do. Car is complete but waiting to go to port. So frustrating. There's no rhyme or reason...
You're right there is no outward rhyme/reason. I gave my deposit on Sat. 4/5 and drove away on Thurs. 5/15. Couldn't believe it, I am in NJ though so that helps.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:28 AM
bluvw69
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by talasyn
AJW, not sure how long you're car has been in the "waiting to go to port" status, but mine was there for a full 7 days.
Same here. My car finished production 7 days ago, and today (day 8) the status was changed to "At port, awaiting vessel assignment".

Old 05-27-2014, 09:47 AM
Pennengr
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The port sounds pretty congested. Mine went straight from completing production to sitting at the port in one day, but has been sitting there for 11 days now.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:17 AM
AJW
2nd Gear
Thank you for your replies. It helps with the anxiety in a big way. Ill count it till day 8, then I'll start to freak.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:47 PM
mbatech
1st Gear
My MCS finished production Friday 5/24 and is already at the Southhampton port and scheduled on DAEDALUS LEADER to leave 5/28 and arrive in Port Huene June 20. Anyone else get the same booking to California.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:14 PM
smallbug
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mbatech
My MCS finished production Friday 5/24 and is already at the Southhampton port and scheduled on DAEDALUS LEADER to leave 5/28 and arrive in Port Huene June 20. Anyone else get the same booking to California.

I'm in the same route, but presently on a boat right now.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:18 PM
randomquickness
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
any idea when the production models change from '14 to '15?

Old 05-27-2014, 04:20 PM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Picking my roadster up Saturday. The process started at my dealership 3/12. It's been very anxious process for me but all is well. I can assure you most here have nothing to worry about. I experienced same delays all of you are having.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:02 PM
MiniJeanne
1st Gear
Mine finished production on 5/22 but I called today and they said it's still at the port waiting for a ship. I checked the tracker link and entered my VIN it says no records found. I was hoping my MCS would be on this ship as well.

Originally Posted by mbatech

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Order Status