F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Order Status

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 03:34 PM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best one I could find was www.marinetraffic.com/en/
Ships go dark in international waters, so yours will show back up when it gets across the pond.

Old 05-29-2014, 03:43 PM
Pennengr
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by David Cottrell
The best one I could find was www.marinetraffic.com/en/
Ships go dark in international waters, so yours will show back up when it gets across the pond.
Great. Thanks.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:26 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Folks with cars hoping to leave South Hampton for Halifax, NYC, Brunswick and Charleston this weekend... the Don Juan just got booked up with Mini's! So you can check your VIN on WW website now =) ( https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...ckSearchResult )

Old 05-30-2014, 07:40 AM
Mrdi
5th Gear
Missed the Boat

Morning Chant has docked in Port Hueneme.
As you well know I have followed her and posted relentlessly for the past two weeks.
BUT
I was informed today that my Mini was not aboard Morning Chant, as I was initially told by BMW. I was bumped to Tombarra, a vessel that left a week later than Morning Chant.
Many individuals here have been commenting about the vagaries of the process, this may be the epitome.

Tombarra has cleared the Canal and is on her way up the Pacific Coast.
I may go to Hussong's Cantina, in Ensenada Mexico, and watch Tombarra pass.

Anyone else on Tombarra?
Anyone for Hussong's?

Last edited by Mrdi; 05-30-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:04 AM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mrdi
Morning Chant has docked in Port Hueneme. As you well know I have followed her and posted relentlessly for the past two weeks. BUT I was informed today that my Mini was not aboard Morning Chant, as I was initially told by BMW. I was bumped to Tombarra, a vessel that left a week later than Morning Chant. Many individuals here have been commenting about the vagaries of the process, this may be the epitome. Tombarra has cleared the Canal and is on her way up the Pacific Coast. I may go to Hussong's Cantina, in Ensenada Mexico, and watch Tombarra pass. Anyone else on Tombarra?
Oh man that is a bummer. You were really tracking her good too.

Luckily mine is aboard the Tonsberg that docked in Baltimore yesterday to drop off some cargo across the bay at the Mitsubishi Dock. It has since moved over to the BMW Dock this morning and hopefully will be unloading soon.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:06 AM
Ljer
1st Gear
Originally Posted by SeppTB
Folks with cars hoping to leave South Hampton for Halifax, NYC, Brunswick and Charleston this weekend... the Don Juan just got booked up with Mini's! So you can check your VIN on WW website now =) ( https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...ckSearchResult )
Well...just checked my vin... status still "Returned to shipper" from last weekend.
Looks like I'll be waiting ANOTHER week (or longer) to get on a boat.
I'm losing faith in this whole process.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:24 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Ljer
Well...just checked my vin... status still "Returned to shipper" from last weekend.
Looks like I'll be waiting ANOTHER week (or longer) to get on a boat.
I'm losing faith in this whole process.
I have two entries in WW tracking now, one for the last boat that still says 'Returned to Shipper' and a new one for Don Juan that says Received at Terminal on 5/23. Last week the VIN tracking didn't work until 5/25, despite them apparently having it as of 5/23... so maybe your car will still appear but on a delay. Keep checking through Sunday, the websites are always behind, I hope yours makes it on!

Old 05-30-2014, 09:08 AM
fxdavis
2nd Gear
My Owner's Lounge status changed to "En Route" this morning (05/30) even though 866-ASK-MINI still says I'm waiting for a ship. But, when I talked to a living, breathing human, they told me I was on the Columbia Highway that set sail LAST Friday (05/23), scheduled to land in Baltimore on Sunday. So, if my 2011 Clubman is any indication, the dealership should have my car by next Thursday or Friday (06/05 or 06/06). And I should have it shortly thereafter.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:09 AM
DougH
2nd Gear
Ok here is an update on my car. Ordered on 4/28 and car was finished build on 5/20 but factory changed roof color from white to body color. (dealership had this happen on several others also). I was just given a new production # by my dealer yesterday, it was originally assigned to another car/dealership on the East Coast. When I checked today the info has changed over to my options and dealership out here in CA.

Called Mini and was told they expect build to be finished by end of June, which I'm sure not happy about. That added 5 weeks to my wait time for their screwup. Looks like I'll be lucky to see my car by mid August.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:14 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DougH
Ok here is an update on my car. Ordered on 4/28 and car was finished build on 5/20 but factory changed roof color from white to body color. (dealership had this happen on several others also). I was just given a new production # by my dealer yesterday, it was originally assigned to another car/dealership on the East Coast. When I checked today the info has changed over to my options and dealership out here in CA.

Called Mini and was told they expect build to be finished by end of June, which I'm sure not happy about. That added 5 weeks to my wait time for their screwup. Looks like I'll be lucky to see my car by mid August.
Ugh that sucks. Is your dealer throwing tons of free dealer-added accessories at you, or dropping the price in any way as an apology?

Old 05-30-2014, 10:05 AM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
As of 11:39 this morning my boy has been discharged from the vessel. Now they teach it American English and send it on its way

Old 05-30-2014, 10:22 AM
Ljer
1st Gear
I have two entries in WW tracking now, one for the last boat that still says 'Returned to Shipper' and a new one for Don Juan that says Received at Terminal on 5/23. Last week the VIN tracking didn't work until 5/25, despite them apparently having it as of 5/23... so maybe your car will still appear but on a delay. Keep checking through Sunday, the websites are always behind, I hope yours makes it on!
Thanks fo the info. I hope I get on too.

Seems I can't get a straight answer from anybody. I get different updates from my dealer, folks on the Mini hotline and the WW site.

My car (it is a Roadster by the way...sorry if I hijacked your guys thread, couldn't find another good tracking thread) was built on 5/15. Didn't reach port till 5/23. Was booked 5/23 then returned to shipper on 5/25.

My MA called on 5/28 to tell me it was on it's way to the port....huh?? Maybe there was damage and it went back to the factory, then back to port? Only thing I can think of.

I wouldn't think it should be this hard to keep track of.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:02 PM
MT Motorin
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mrdi: So very sorry to hear your news...especially after all your tracking and calculating efforts following the Morning Chant. Sounds like serious time at Hussong's is justified. Second time's the charm?!? Good luck following the Tombarra.

Originally Posted by Mrdi
Morning Chant has docked in Port Hueneme.
As you well know I have followed her and posted relentlessly for the past two weeks.
BUT
I was informed today that my Mini was not aboard Morning Chant, as I was initially told by BMW. I was bumped to Tombarra, a vessel that left a week later than Morning Chant.
Many individuals here have been commenting about the vagaries of the process, this may be the epitome.

Tombarra has cleared the Canal and is on her way up the Pacific Coast.
I may go to Hussong's Cantina, in Ensenada Mexico, and watch Tombarra pass.

Anyone else on Tombarra?
Anyone for Hussong's?

Old 05-30-2014, 12:45 PM
jobrando
2nd Gear
My Mini has been sitting at Brunswick since 5/23. MA just told me no carrier has been assigned. Going to be 90 days June 12th since I placed the order. Not a pretty picture for Mini production and logistics.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:51 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jobrando
My Mini has been sitting at Brunswick since 5/23. MA just told me no carrier has been assigned. Going to be 90 days June 12th since I placed the order. Not a pretty picture for Mini production and logistics.
Are you sure its sitting? They actually do stuff at the distribution centers. There's a lot of info on what happens at them here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...on-center.html

And they don't work weekends, so if it arrived late on the 23rd, that's not much different than arriving on the 26th.

Maybe your car is under going repairs for stuff that happened during transit?

But if it arrived earlier, finished on the 23rd and if its all well, and sitting there ready to get on a car carrier... yea that sucks =/ 90 days is a long time, i'm crossing my fingers for 70 days exactly on mine later this month.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:57 PM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Are you sure its sitting? They actually do stuff at the distribution centers. There's a lot of info on what happens at them here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...on-center.html

And they don't work weekends, so if it arrived late on the 23rd, that's not much different than arriving on the 26th.

But if it arrived earlier, finished on the 23rd and if its all well, and sitting there ready to get on a car carrier... yea that sucks =/ 90 days is a long time, i'm crossing my fingers for 70 days exactly on mine later this month.
Interesting article. I assume I have no damage since the article says it must be disclosed to the dealer and I asked my MA about that and he said no. I think we all think we will beat 90 days and some do but many more do not.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:04 PM
tej
1st Gear
Originally Posted by fxdavis
My Owner's Lounge status changed to "En Route" this morning (05/30) even though 866-ASK-MINI still says I'm waiting for a ship. But, when I talked to a living, breathing human, they told me I was on the Columbia Highway that set sail LAST Friday (05/23), scheduled to land in Baltimore on Sunday. So, if my 2011 Clubman is any indication, the dealership should have my car by next Thursday or Friday (06/05 or 06/06). And I should have it shortly thereafter.

Hell yeah! Our Midnight Black car left with yours. What floored me was that the car left the UK a week ago! Talk about slow update. Well that is great since we were planning a 2 week vacation at the end of June, and I had no clue how (or when) I would purchase the car if the shipment kept getting delayed. Great way to start the weekend.

-Tej

Old 05-30-2014, 02:38 PM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by chrisfowler99
5/15 for me...still at the port.

So painful knowing it's not getting closer...
Owners Lounge changed to "En Route" today.

Called 1-800-ASK-MINI and it still says it's at the port.

Talked to a real person and they let me know it boarded the Columbia Highway (K-Line) on May 23rd and should be in the US on June 4th (K-Line schedule says June 5th).

Couple more weeks it sounds like!

Old 05-30-2014, 02:56 PM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Ordered 4/12
Was just given the news that it will be at my dealership on 6/7.

EXCITEMENT!!!!!

Old 05-30-2014, 03:55 PM
Pennengr
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisfowler99
Owners Lounge changed to "En Route" today.

Called 1-800-ASK-MINI and it still says it's at the port.

Talked to a real person and they let me know it boarded the Columbia Highway (K-Line) on May 23rd and should be in the US on June 4th (K-Line schedule says June 5th).

Couple more weeks it sounds like!
Looks like we're on the same boat. Glad to hear about the date being 6/4.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:15 PM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Pennengr
Looks like we're on the same boat. Glad to hear about the date being 6/4.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:43 PM
MT Motorin
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Somebody actually updated the MINI USA Owner's Lounge! It says our "Puddle Jumper" is at the Vehicle Distribution Center. Hopefully, the others off yesterday's Morning Chant are there too.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:49 AM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear

Hi Sepp,Hope you and AJW make the Don Juan.Did you find out why your car was returned to shipper? Live person finally verified my car is on route.Track and trace site showed "loaded on vessel"a week ago.
Dan

Old 05-31-2014, 05:49 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sacandagadano
Hi Sepp,Hope you and AJW make the Don Juan.Did you find out why your car was returned to shipper? Live person finally verified my car is on route.Track and trace site showed "loaded on vessel"a week ago.
Dan
I never got an official answer on the return to shipper... but I'm pretty sure it was just because the boat was full!

"Fun" WW tracking thing: After putting in your own VIN and getting results, grab the Booking Number and go back to the tracking page and put that in instead. Viola, the list of all the MINI's yours will be traveling with! You can now start plugging those VINs into a decoder to obsess over build completion times of your neighbors in comparison to your own... I mean, not that I did that or anything.

The booking list is in reverse load order, so the first one listed on page 1 would be loaded last, and the last one on the whole list first. The Independence II load that you got on (I assume) was GBSOU1197141, had 296 cars, unfortunately only 211 were loaded on it, so the remaining 85 were returned to shipper. I was in the 85.

Now I'm part of booking number GBSOU1206763 for the Don Juan, which currently has 197 cars, and thankfully I am #43 on it. It appears I am right now parked between a Thunder Grey F56 and a Blazing Red F56! Though not everything is an F56, I see plenty of Convertibles in the mix too

Old 05-31-2014, 09:27 AM
Ljer
1st Gear
I never got an official answer on the return to shipper... but I'm pretty sure it was just because the boat was full!

"Fun" WW tracking thing: After putting in your own VIN and getting results, grab the Booking Number and go back to the tracking page and put that in instead. Viola, the list of all the MINI's yours will be traveling with! You can now start plugging those VINs into a decoder to obsess over build completion times of your neighbors in comparison to your own... I mean, not that I did that or anything.

The booking list is in reverse load order, so the first one listed on page 1 would be loaded last, and the last one on the whole list first. The Independence II load that you got on (I assume) was GBSOU1197141, had 296 cars, unfortunately only 211 were loaded on it, so the remaining 85 were returned to shipper. I was in the 85.

Now I'm part of booking number GBSOU1206763 for the Don Juan, which currently has 197 cars, and thankfully I am #43 on it. It appears I am right now parked between a Thunder Grey F56 and a Blazing Red F56! Though not everything is an F56, I see plenty of Convertibles in the mix too
SeppTB....thanks for that info.

I was with you in that original group of 85. I plugged in the booking # you showed, searched my vin and mine doesn't show up on this boat either.
I don't understand the problem with my car. Now I have to wait another 3 weeks!!

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Order Status