F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Order Status

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 10:35 AM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ljer
Sac...did you dealer give you a time frame from port to delivery?
I didnt ask yet, will be contacting them this week. I want to see if they can enable sat. radio also.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:41 AM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mike Westerhold
I've been watching this thread as my own mini progresses and there are a bunch of great links/info all over the place--but I haven't seen a centralized 'here is how it works' and what to when thread. Has anyone seen one?/
there is a sticky up in 1st gear, check it out...
Dan

Old 06-01-2014, 11:02 AM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Ljer
Sac...did you dealer give you a time frame from port to delivery?
Just for reference. Mine dealer said 3 days because they know absolutely nothing and pretty much ******** their way through everything. He STILL didn't know my car was done until I told him a few days ago.

My car arrived in port on 5/29, but the distribution centers are closed on weekends, so it will be leaving on a truck on the 4th and get to my dealer on the 7th. 2 or 3 more days for installation and stuff.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Mfrank1984
1st Gear
Originally Posted by David Cottrell
Just for reference. Mine dealer said 3 days because they know absolutely nothing and pretty much ******** their way through everything. He STILL didn't know my car was done until I told him a few days ago. My car arrived in port on 5/29, but the distribution centers are closed on weekends, so it will be leaving on a truck on the 4th and get to my dealer on the 7th. 2 or 3 more days for installation and stuff.
What dealer in Wisconsin?

Old 06-01-2014, 01:04 PM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mfrank1984
What dealer in Wisconsin?
Mini of the fox valley

Old 06-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Mfrank1984
1st Gear
Mini of the fox valley
I am guessing mine will ride next to yours on the truck to mini of the fox valley too.

I was given the same time frame.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:52 PM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mfrank1984
I am guessing mine will ride next to yours on the truck to mini of the fox valley too. I was given the same time frame.
Wooo ship buddies

Old 06-01-2014, 07:09 PM
bluvw69
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Owners Lounge finally switched over to: "Awaiting Transport", so I'm thinking my MINI is actually waiting for a boat this time. Will update as soon as I get shipping assignment.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:32 PM
seabrooktx
2nd Gear
My MA tells me my car is being shipped to a port in GA, then by truck to Texas. The 1-866-Ask-Mini line says it is at the port waiting on transport. Anyone else being shipped to GA? Do you have a booking number yet? Mine does not show anything yet by VIN on the Track&Trace website.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:36 PM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by seabrooktx
My MA tells me my car is being shipped to a port in GA, then by truck to Texas. The 1-866-Ask-Mini line says it is at the port waiting on transport. Anyone else being shipped to GA? Do you have a booking number yet? Mine does not show anything yet by VIN on the Track&Trace website.
Mine is on the way to GA on the Columbia Highway (K-line). It appears that the tracking thread is out of date and both WW and K-line service Brunswick.

K-line is definitely more hard to track. No page where you can check your VIN.

It also was seven days after it was on a ship before anything updated (online or on the phone). In fact, 1-800-ASK-MINI still says it's "at the port awaiting a shipping vessel" even though it's been on a boat for nine days.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:45 AM
seabrooktx
2nd Gear
My car was completed on 5/23. Ask-Mini and my MA said it was at the port on ~5/26. Doesn't sound like mine is on the same ship. Thanks.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:32 AM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
My car was completed on 5/23. Ask-Mini and my MA said it was at the port on ~5/26. Doesn't sound like mine is on the same ship. Thanks.
Yup. But there are many more K-line ships coming through, and the Track and Trace thing only works if your MINI gets on a WW ship.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:56 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Here's the K-Line schedule: http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.pdf

The Michigan Highway did a pick up from South Hampton on 5/31 (Saturday), would dock in Brunswick, GA on the 13th. You may have gone on that one, and it'd disappear into a tracking blackhole like Chris' did.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:49 AM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by chrisfowler99
Mine is on the way to GA on the Columbia Highway (K-line). It appears that the tracking thread is out of date and both WW and K-line service Brunswick.

K-line is definitely more hard to track. No page where you can check your VIN.

It also was seven days after it was on a ship before anything updated (online or on the phone). In fact, 1-800-ASK-MINI still says it's "at the port awaiting a shipping vessel" even though it's been on a boat for nine days.
My car came over on kline (georgia highway) and is at Brunswick distribution center and has been since 23 May. I tracked it over using MarineTraffic.com. Except for the seven days it was out of range in the Atlantic the tracking was great. Most fun I've had and the most dependable info during the entire process. Once again I'm in the dark and not sure when I'll see my car. MA told me I would get it this past Saturday but had to apologize. It's just a terrible slow process.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:59 AM
arff1701
1st Gear
I am in the same boat as you. My mini was born on 5/23 and at port on 5/26. I live in GA so I am not sure if it was come in at the port of Charleston or Brunswick. I called this morning and both the human and computer tells me it hasn't even been scheduled to ship. I hope it just isn't updated yet. I will let you know if I find out anything.

"Ordered 2014 Deep Blue, White Roof and Bonnet Strips, Off-white interior, Mini Wired, Cold weather, Storage, Harman/Kardon, Fog lights, and white turn signals"

Old 06-02-2014, 02:03 PM
smallbug
2nd Gear
Oh no!
While I have enjoyed your boat stalking, it sucks you weren't on it. Nice you aren't far behind though. Toreador is currently in port at Manzanillo with status of "stopped".

Would be fun to go to Hussong's Cantina. Bit far of a drive for me though.

Originally Posted by Mrdi
Morning Chant has docked in Port Hueneme.
As you well know I have followed her and posted relentlessly for the past two weeks.
BUT
I was informed today that my Mini was not aboard Morning Chant, as I was initially told by BMW. I was bumped to Tombarra, a vessel that left a week later than Morning Chant.
Many individuals here have been commenting about the vagaries of the process, this may be the epitome.

Tombarra has cleared the Canal and is on her way up the Pacific Coast.
I may go to Hussong's Cantina, in Ensenada Mexico, and watch Tombarra pass.

Anyone else on Tombarra?
Anyone for Hussong's?

Old 06-02-2014, 06:07 PM
seabrooktx
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by arff1701
I am in the same boat as you. My mini was born on 5/23 and at port on 5/26. I live in GA so I am not sure if it was come in at the port of Charleston or Brunswick. I called this morning and both the human and computer tells me it hasn't even been scheduled to ship. I hope it just isn't updated yet. I will let you know if I find out anything.

"Ordered 2014 Deep Blue, White Roof and Bonnet Strips, Off-white interior, Mini Wired, Cold weather, Storage, Harman/Kardon, Fog lights, and white turn signals"

My MA sent an update today. Says my car is on the boat and will arrive in GA port about 6/11.

Ordered a MCS auto, Thunder gray, Black roof/mirrors/bonnet stripes, Tentacle wheels, Fully Loaded package, H/K, Black Pearl cloth, LED w/ cornering lights, Wired upgrade, alarm, storage, all season run flats.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:17 PM
arff1701
1st Gear
Happy to hear the news. My MA isn't that great at providing me with information. Hopefully I ended on the same boat.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:32 PM
autobahn256
1st Gear
Originally Posted by arff1701

Same problem. Mine was born 5/14 and still shows awaiting release to the carrier. Hoping that it is on a K-Line to Brunswick and will magically get updated when it arrives. ASK-MINI could not even help me today to figure out where my care is after over 2 weeks of awaiting release. They blamed MINI UK.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:53 PM
MT Motorin
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Guys -

I found tracking WW ships with marine traffic and Mrdi's ship stalking skills was best for me, BUT my MA likes to use and gave us www.vesselfinder.com.

I just tried it with Columbia Highway, and it came up with a map position. So, not sure if it will work better with your K-Line ships, but you might want to give it a try. Happy Ship Stalking!

Old 06-02-2014, 08:48 PM
zx9rider
2nd Gear
Got my car today. MCS, 6 speed manual. Very exciting. The 30-mile drive home was awesome. Can't wait to go to work tomorrow cuz it's a 40-mile drive. I can confirm the car feels nothing like my old 2003 Justa.... and for that I'm thankful.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:06 PM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by zx9rider
Got my car today. MCS, 6 speed manual. Very exciting. The 30-mile drive home was awesome. Can't wait to go to work tomorrow cuz it's a 40-mile drive. I can confirm the car feels nothing like my old 2003 Justa.... and for that I'm thankful.
Looks beautiful! Loving the color choice. I went VO and Black same rims and moon roof as well, picking it up next week!!!

Old 06-02-2014, 10:28 PM
zx9rider
2nd Gear
Looks beautiful! Loving the color choice. I went VO and Black same rims and moon roof as well, picking it up next week!!!
VO and black looks awesome. My dealer has one right now and it's very flashy. Congrats on the new ride. I'm sure you will love it.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:49 AM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MT Motorin
Hey Guys -

I found tracking WW ships with marine traffic and Mrdi's ship stalking skills was best for me, BUT my MA likes to use and gave us www.vesselfinder.com.

I just tried it with Columbia Highway, and it came up with a map position. So, not sure if it will work better with your K-Line ships, but you might want to give it a try. Happy Ship Stalking!
I hope your not docking at Brunswick GA. I've been hung up since 23 May at this distribution center. Dealer told me this morning it would be next week and not sure if then. I feel so helpless. I'll have 90 days in the order process on June 12th. This has not been good and just keeps getting more pitiful. I've ask for damage disclosure but no reply yet.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:17 AM
Mrdi
5th Gear
Tombarra is off the coast of Baja , south west of Ensenada and 370 miles south of Port Hueneme. Due in port tomorrow at Noon.

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Order Status