F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Order Status

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 02:02 PM
fxdavis
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Morty73
Anyone else experiencing delays through the Baltimore port? I arrived on 5/26 on the Tamesis and still has not been shipped. Asked my MA and she said the port is very busy and just went through a move. She expects it to be shipped next week. This seems like an awfully long time. I also asked about damage and she said she had not received any reports at this time, but would let me know if she gets one.

Anyone else sitting on the edge of their chair waiting in the port?!?
I believe I arrived in Baltimore a few days after you, on the Columbia Highway. And my MA told me today that my car is scheduled to be at the dealership on June 11. Back in 2011, my Clubman was at the dealership 3-4 days after arriving in Baltimore. So, there does appear to be a longer delay at the port.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Pennengr
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisfowler99
1-800-ASK-MINI still says mine's at the port awaiting a shipping vessel, but it should be at the distribution center after having been taken off the Columbia Highway.

I think it was around 10 days from here (to Austin) on my last one.
Yeah, mine says the same.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:56 PM
tej
1st Gear
Raleigh bound cars...

Originally Posted by fxdavis
I believe I arrived in Baltimore a few days after you, on the Columbia Highway. And my MA told me today that my car is scheduled to be at the dealership on June 11. Back in 2011, my Clubman was at the dealership 3-4 days after arriving in Baltimore. So, there does appear to be a longer delay at the port.

Well that's odd. I called the 8XX number and they told me my Raleigh bound car was not dropped off in Baltimore but stayed on the Columbia Highway till it got Brunswick, GA. So I don't know what's going on. I just noticed on Marinetraffic.com that the Columbia Highway arrived in Brunswick a few days ago, and has already left for the Atlantic. My status has not changed since. If it is in Brunswick, then I hope it leaves by tomorrow, or it may not leave until next week. I believe Brunswick port is closed on the weekends. Some how I am not as stressed as when the car was sitting in Southhampton port waiting weeks for a boat. It's nice to knowing it's in the USA.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:02 PM
fxdavis
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tej
Well that's odd. I called the 8XX number and they told me my Raleigh bound car was not dropped off in Baltimore but stayed on the Columbia Highway till it got Brunswick, GA. So I don't know what's going on. I just noticed on Marinetraffic.com that the Columbia Highway arrived in Brunswick a few days ago, and has already left for the Atlantic. My status has not changed since. If it is in Brunswick, then I hope it leaves by tomorrow, or it may not leave until next week. I believe Brunswick port is closed on the weekends. Some how I am not as stressed as when the car was sitting in Southhampton port waiting weeks for a boat. It's nice to knowing it's in the USA.
Ah, well I had assumed Baltimore since I know that is where my Clubman was dropped off in 2011. But, maybe it was Brunswick this time. That would explain the extra time it's taking; I read elsewhere here that Brunswick is notoriously slow at releasing vehicles.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:45 PM
MT Motorin
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yippee Skippy! Delivery-Day is tomorrow! (no disrespect to D-Day vets)

Unbeknownst to our MA, our car got put on a transport and arrived in Portland late last night. So much for a heads up so we could try to book a flight and hotel with a few days notice... Will head out to the airport at O'Dark-Early and expect to meet and greet the new addition to our fleet midday...yes, we are psyched!

BTW, those in SoCal who got 2 antennas were lucky. Confirmed that ours will only have the standard, long antenna. We're keeping our short, sport antenna from the '09...per our MA trying it out, we just need to use the bigger adapter/fitting to make it work on the '14 MCS.

So, original order date (3/29) to delivery date (6/6) was exactly 70 days (10 weeks) and from re-order date (4/8) to delivery date (6/6) was exactly 60 days. We had been told 8 - 10 weeks with 3 weeks in transatlantic shipping. They were pretty dead on.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their ship stalking skills and supportive comments. Hope to meet some of you in the future at MINI events. Good luck with your deliveries and Motor On!

P.S. Will try to figure out how to post pics when we get back.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:59 AM
talasyn
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car arrived in Baltimore last night. My dealership is 15 minutes away from port. Thinking that I won't have my car in the next week makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth. My car was ordered on 4/1. Its been a long wait.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Mrdi
5th Gear
Tombarra and Morning Chant made deliveries to Port Hueneme CA.
They are now on there way North to Japan and Tacoma WA.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:44 AM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
1-800-ASK-MINI still says mine's at the port awaiting a shipping vessel, but it should be at the distribution center after having been taken off the Columbia Highway.

I think it was around 10 days from here (to Austin) on my last one.
It seems my car has been released from the distribution center. Getting a date of delivery to my dealership of 6/10.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Pennengr
3rd Gear
It seems my car has been released from the distribution center. Getting a date of delivery to my dealership of 6/10.
Mine too. At the dealer tomorrow. Ordered 5/7.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:46 PM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Pennengr
Mine too. At the dealer tomorrow. Ordered 5/7.
My MA says 2-5 days from Brunswick to Austin. He leans toward the 5 day and thinks the 10th may be slightly optimistic. We'll see.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Mfrank1984
1st Gear
My mini is being delivered to Appleton Wisconsin tomorrow from Baltimore. I will be picking it up on june 14th.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:39 PM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mfrank1984
My mini is being delivered to Appleton Wisconsin tomorrow from Baltimore. I will be picking it up on june 14th.
Lucky! I wish mine was on the truck with yours, unfortunately it missed that truck and will be on the next scheduled to arrive in Appleton on the 16th.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Mrdi
5th Gear
Our Moonwalk is on the Midnight Special 18 wheeler from Port Hueneme to So Cal.
Pick up in the AM.
Ordered April 12
Arrives dealer June 7
That is about as close to 8 weeks as you can get.
Tomorrow makes day 57

Old 06-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Conrad_Thomaier
3rd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My car is now "Scheduled for Production" in the Owner's Lounge and the #866 MINI line says it will be done production on 6/13.

Where do you see all the interim manufacturing steps like in paint shop?

Old 06-07-2014, 12:03 AM
fxdavis
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Conrad_Thomaier
My car is now "Scheduled for Production" in the Owner's Lounge and the #866 MINI line says it will be done production on 6/13.

Where do you see all the interim manufacturing steps like in paint shop?
866-ASK-MINI will continue to provide you with all those steps until you reach the dock at Southamption. Then the automated system tends to get stuck. After that, choose the option to talk to a human and they should be able to tell you when you shipped and the name of the ship. From there, just Google the ship's name to find the various tracking sites that track the ship across the pond. There are also a number of other posts here which give you the tracking URLs, if you have the patience to search the forums to find them. Also keep in touch with your MA; he/she sometimes has inside information. And to a lesser extent, you can track thru the Owner's Lounge, although the updates there are a bit behind.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:12 AM
autobahn256
1st Gear
Ah, well I had assumed Baltimore since I know that is where my Clubman was dropped off in 2011. But, maybe it was Brunswick this time. That would explain the extra time it's taking; I read elsewhere here that Brunswick is notoriously slow at releasing vehicles.
Has yours been released yet in Brunswick. Believe mine also came on the Columbia Highway (6/4) into Brunswick. OL and ASK-MINI have not been updated yet.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:40 AM
Pennengr
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by autobahn256
Has yours been released yet in Brunswick. Believe mine also came on the Columbia Highway (6/4) into Brunswick. OL and ASK-MINI have not been updated yet.
FWIW Brunswick released mine in about a day. Same ship. ASK Mini didn't have the info.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:21 AM
fxdavis
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by autobahn256
I think the tracking tools are useless once you get to this stage in the process. All I know is what my MA told me on Thursday: scheduled to be at the dealership on June 11. What happens between now and then, well, that's just wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:29 AM
tej
1st Gear
I think the tracking tools are useless once you get to this stage in the process. All I know is what my MA told me on Thursday: scheduled to be at the dealership on June 11. What happens between now and then, well, that's just wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.
My MA called yesterday and said the car would be here in 5 days, which would be June 11th. So probably the same car carrier for all cars heading to Flow Raleigh.

You are right about the tracking system. It is half-baked and actually can ruin the customer experience. In some ways it would be better if they didn't even try doing this. This tracking system is not rocket science. In my former job at IBM we setup a database system with RFID tags that could track all cars heading to Toyota's Distribution centers (and that was 10 years ago). So it is possible to do, but Mini (BMW) needs to spend the money (and resources). They should just scale the system into BMW's larger system. They may do that in the future, since it looks like BMW is opening a factory in Mexico, that will build the UKL platform that Mini shares with the new Front drive 1-series MPV. And of course the recently announced factory in the Netherlands adds a ton of complexity in cars flowing both directions of the Atlantic. So car companies already have elaborate systems to track cars, it's just a matter of how they want to share with the customer. That system is quite broken at Mini. You should never get a different answer from the ASK-Mini automated system, Live Person, Your dealership, or the Owner's Lounge. In a world where database management has gotten so sophisticated, this is a pity. Come on BMW, stop treating MINI like the ugly, half-sister.

>>>off soap box<<<

-Tej

Old 06-07-2014, 08:47 AM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tej
My MA called yesterday and said the car would be here in 5 days, which would be June 11th. So probably the same car carrier for all cars heading to Flow Raleigh.

You are right about the tracking system. It is half-baked and actually can ruin the customer experience. In some ways it would be better if they didn't even try doing this. This tracking system is not rocket science. In my former job at IBM we setup a database system with RFID tags that could track all cars heading to Toyota's Distribution centers (and that was 10 years ago). So it is possible to do, but Mini (BMW) needs to spend the money (and resources). They should just scale the system into BMW's larger system. They may do that in the future, since it looks like BMW is opening a factory in Mexico, that will build the UKL platform that Mini shares with the new Front drive 1-series MPV. And of course the recently announced factory in the Netherlands adds a ton of complexity in cars flowing both directions of the Atlantic. So car companies already have elaborate systems to track cars, it's just a matter of how they want to share with the customer. That system is quite broken at Mini. You should never get a different answer from the ASK-Mini automated system, Live Person, Your dealership, or the Owner's Lounge. In a world where database management has gotten so sophisticated, this is a pity. Come on BMW, stop treating MINI like the ugly, half-sister.

>>>off soap box<<<

-Tej
So True... unless my car rolled off the ship into the atlantic it arrived at port of Jersey Thursday.Owners lounge /ask mini has it enroute.Hoping to take delivery by next sat.!!!

Old 06-07-2014, 06:49 PM
autobahn256
1st Gear
Originally Posted by tej

>>>off soap box<<<

-Tej
Amen! Mine is so lost in the system. It still shows IN PRODUCTION, even though it finished on May 14. MINI USA got involved on Thursday afternoon and they promise me a real answer from HQ in Germany on Monday or Tuesday. They indicated they are having a big issue with cars getting lost in the database system. I can only hope it is on its way here and not stuck still waiting in Oxford to be transported.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:12 AM
Mfrank1984
1st Gear
Here is my mini right off the truck... Now 1 week until I can take possession of it...

Attached Thumbnails Order Status-image.jpg  
Old 06-08-2014, 08:03 AM
aafflyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here is my mini right off the truck... Now 1 week until I can take possession of it...
Why a week, seems like a long time to do a PDI???

Old 06-08-2014, 08:06 AM
Mfrank1984
1st Gear
Originally Posted by aafflyer
Why a week, seems like a long time to do a PDI???
I have to turn in my current leased vehicle on Thursday and I am working goofy shifts this week.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:14 AM
aafflyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have to turn in my current leased vehicle on Thursday and I am working goofy shifts this week.
Sounds like a long week to have to suffer

But congrats, enjoy the new car.

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Order Status