F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Order Status

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 09:20 AM
ojedam64
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sav112
If I have the order number how do i get this info???
if you have the production order number you can get info multiple ways.

call your dealer

or the best answer is to call mini at 866-275-6464 you can get the automated response or ask to speak to a rep.

Sounds like you need to go to the "1st gear" forum in here and read the sticky about getting your mini. lots of info in there.

Good luck

Old 03-27-2014, 09:22 AM
sav112
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny got a call today from the dealership. I hope that’s not the usual line they spin as he too said Cars in the Bodyshop and should be ready start of the month.

"your MINI is currently in the Bodyshop"

Hope OJ you get your car soon and thanks for the post.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:57 PM
hammerhands
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
BRG II? A 2nd shade of British Racing Green?

Old 03-27-2014, 02:02 PM
SoCalledFriend
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hammerhands
BRG II? A 2nd shade of British Racing Green?

BRG II has been out since MY '11.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:22 PM
hammerhands
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The more distant one is BRG II? It looks better, side by side. The near one looks washed out.

Last edited by hammerhands; 03-27-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:11 AM
ojedam64
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ojedam64
Guess I'll jump into this one as well.

orderd: 3/12

production: 3/19 (estimated completion 4/1)

I'm in Kentucky my port will be baltimore.

MCS volcanic Orange, cold weather package, premium package 2, wired pack, 16" black wheels, black bonnet stripes....
UPDATE: 3/27 in paint, estimated completion still 4/1

Old 03-28-2014, 07:54 PM
shraz
3rd Gear
if your car is completed, you can check it here: http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html

Old 03-29-2014, 03:30 AM
sav112
1st Gear
I take it this is just for U.S cars? Non USA cars will not be on that system or do you think its just a case of all the cars are on it just the USA has access to tracking. Still in the dark over here in the UK.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:28 AM
ojedam64
3rd Gear
3/29 being assembled.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:47 AM
CobraBob
5th Gear
That's awesome! It will probably ship late next week.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:54 AM
ojedam64
3rd Gear
I sure am hoping so!

Old 03-29-2014, 09:24 AM
CobraBob
5th Gear
I can imagine how busier this place is going to be starting on April 15!

Old 03-29-2014, 09:52 AM
jobrando
2nd Gear
I entered order status on 3/11 and still in it on the internet site. Ive called customer service and they gave me a production date of 4/19. I dont expect to see my car until the end of may. Far from the 6-8 weeks the dealer gave me at purchase. You must be related to the King for your speed. I live in Tennessee. Not real happy.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:27 AM
ojedam64
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jobrando
I entered order status on 3/11 and still in it on the internet site. Ive called customer service and they gave me a production date of 4/19. I dont expect to see my car until the end of may. Far from the 6-8 weeks the dealer gave me at purchase. You must be related to the King for your speed. I live in Tennessee. Not real happy.
from what i've read, (and this is my first mini, so I don't really know anything) every dealer is given a set of numbers that they use to produce cars. it may just be that your dealers numbers are lower on the list than mine was. so a bit of luck.

also it could be what you ordered too....for instance, I opted to drop the harmon kardon speakers instead of wait for them. If you didn't do that then that would definitely explain your delayed completion date.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:59 AM
jobrando
2nd Gear
from what i've read, (and this is my first mini, so I don't really know anything) every dealer is given a set of numbers that they use to produce cars. it may just be that your dealers numbers are lower on the list than mine was. so a bit of luck.

also it could be what you ordered too....for instance, I opted to drop the harmon kardon speakers instead of wait for them. If you didn't do that then that would definitely explain your delayed completion date.
It was plain jane configuration. Automatic, 17 inch wheels and no extra electronics. It must be batch related. Biggest batches go ahead.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:09 AM
sav112
1st Gear
Here in the UK all the dealers on the 16th March had the cars on show for the first time and release parties . I was in two dealers and they were full and not just people just in for a quick look, Cars going in and out on test drives, free drinks etc and a good few sitting down going over paper work. A real sales push with full staff in. Service desk Girl that I know just looked when I was in and Said “It’s been mad”

I would imagine more or less all the UK dealer slots would be pushed into a build. Some dealers have only fifteen slots per month and only three were for the “S” cars. My dealers had four petrol Cooper slots and none for the “S” in fact I was told April slots were gone as well and first slots were May.

So you could see a lot more Cars on Order after the cars official release here.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:28 AM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Here in the UK all the dealers on the 16th March had the cars on show for the first time and release parties . I was in two dealers and they were full and not just people just in for a quick look, Cars going in and out on test drives, free drinks etc and a good few sitting down going over paper work. A real sales push with full staff in. Service desk Girl that I know just looked when I was in and Said “It’s been mad”

I would imagine more or less all the UK dealer slots would be pushed into a build. Some dealers have only fifteen slots per month and only three were for the “S” cars. My dealers had four petrol Cooper slots and none for the “S” in fact I was told April slots were gone as well and first slots were May.

Thanks,, I think I called customer service before the 15th and they told me it was scheduled for April 19th birth. Every week I've called and it's still April 19th. I just hope they dont push it back based on what you have said.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:53 AM
sav112
1st Gear
Unless they were untruthful with the estimated date and did not tell you they only had April slots just to get the sale. I asked a few dealers and they all came back with the same thing. Cooper slots were not a problem but “S” slots were for some reason. Basically when asking I got if you want a Cooper four to five week to delivery here in the UK before the official launch date and they expected that to be pushed out to seven to eight weeks after for a few months just because of advertising, marketing push etc. But you must be on the System so hopefully you have beaten the rush.

The factory works 24/7 with three shift and it take on average eight days from start to finish to go round the Factory to complete. The only time that will stop is we have an Easter weekend that is Good Friday to Easter Monday when more or less the UK closes down for the holiday (18th April -21St April). I was in the Factory a few years back and it’s impressive.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:35 PM
zwazoo
2nd Gear
Order Date: 3/27/2014
Specs: British Racing Green II Body Color, Body Color Roof/Mirrors, Leather/Cloth Diamond Satellite Gray, MINI Yours Interior Style in Dark Cotton Wood, Dark Truffle Color Line, Cold Weather Package, Sport Package w/ 17" Black Cosmos Spoke and LED Headlights with Cornering Lights, Dynamic Damper Control, JCW Leather Steering Wheel w/Multifunction, Rear Spoiler, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Center Armrest, Anthracite Headliner, Automatic Climate Control, and the Harman/Kardon Sound System.
Ordered from: MINI of Alexandria

Old 03-30-2014, 08:27 AM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Unless they were untruthful with the estimated date and did not tell you they only had April slots just to get the sale. I asked a few dealers and they all came back with the same thing. Cooper slots were not a problem but “S” slots were for some reason. Basically when asking I got if you want a Cooper four to five week to delivery here in the UK before the official launch date and they expected that to be pushed out to seven to eight weeks after for a few months just because of advertising, marketing push etc. But you must be on the System so hopefully you have beaten the rush.

The factory works 24/7 with three shift and it take on average eight days from start to finish to go round the Factory to complete. The only time that will stop is we have an Easter weekend that is Good Friday to Easter Monday when more or less the UK closes down for the holiday (18th April -21St April). I was in the Factory a few years back and it’s impressive.
Is the production date I was given over the phone a week after it entered order status in stone or can it change? Every week I call it's the same. I wonder if that's just an estimated date.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:29 AM
torpeau
4th Gear
It was plain jane configuration. Automatic, 17 inch wheels and no extra electronics. It must be batch related. Biggest batches go ahead.
What color?

I put down a deposit at the dealer on my MCS on 3/13. When I checked on Monday (3/17), it was already scheduled for production. That BMW website shows a production date of 3/26 -- I assume that means finished car.

Mine is a red w/ white top and stripes MCS. It has the paddle shifting automatic, Wired Pkg, sat. radio, Dynamic Damper Control and 16s.

Old 03-30-2014, 12:07 PM
torpeau
4th Gear

Don't forget that they'll be cranking out MINIs in the Netherlands soon. That s/ take some pressure off Oxford.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:24 PM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by torpeau
What color?

I put down a deposit at the dealer on my MCS on 3/13. When I checked on Monday (3/17), it was already scheduled for production. That BMW website shows a production date of 3/26 -- I assume that means finished car.

Mine is a red w/ white top and stripes MCS. It has the paddle shifting automatic, Wired Pkg, sat. radio, Dynamic Damper Control and 16s.
Mine is a silver roadster so they may be slower running them through production.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:39 PM
sav112
1st Gear
Is the production date I was given over the phone a week after it entered order status in stone or can it change? Every week I call it's the same. I wonder if that's just an estimated date.

As far as I know the Dealer has allotted slots for build weeks. So your order should be once in the system more or less right. I ordered on the 2nd March but in reality I’ve just been assigned a slot that the dealer had and as far as I know that was at the beginning of the last week in March. Just out of interest as I had been on the phone to a few dealers I asked about the “S” even if I had ordered the same day their next slot for an S was the end of April for some reason. But the sales guy at an other dealer told me they got a lot fewer S slots than Cooper or Cooper D.

The “S” has been more popular over here before the launch date of the 16th March in the UK. So my guess is if they have only three or four “S” slots they have just been getting filled early and well in advance. I know one dealer said before I even said what model that the earliest “S” delivery now with them was mid May.

Last edited by sav112; 03-30-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:25 PM
junkart
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by junkart
UPDATE: Still En Route :P

Vessel: CENTAURUS LEADER (Voyage 72)
Loaded: 03/03/2014
Undocked: 03/04/2014
ETA Port Hueneme: 03/28/2014
ETD: 04/10/2014
At distribution center!!