F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Order Status

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 08:38 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Seems to me, when I bought my 2005 MC, the tracking of the production phase was more detailed than now.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:12 PM
talasyn
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So my new F56 is sitting at the port of Baltimore. I seem to recall a previous post somewhere where the poster was able to get the schedule of the truck that was going to transport their car to the dealership. My MA gave me the "I'll call you when it shows up" response when asked how long until I can see it. Any hints on getting the shipping schedule?

Thanks

Old 06-08-2014, 03:40 PM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by talasyn
So my new F56 is sitting at the port of Baltimore. I seem to recall a previous post somewhere where the poster was able to get the schedule of the truck that was going to transport their car to the dealership. My MA gave me the "I'll call you when it shows up" response when asked how long until I can see it. Any hints on getting the shipping schedule?

Thanks
Goodluck...My roadster has been sitting at Brunswick Ga since May23.
MA says it got selected for random QC checks and it has not been damaged. I'll have 90 days in the process this week. My first and last time to have one built. It's been absolutely ridiculous.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:56 PM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by talasyn
So my new F56 is sitting at the port of Baltimore. I seem to recall a previous post somewhere where the poster was able to get the schedule of the truck that was going to transport their car to the dealership. My MA gave me the "I'll call you when it shows up" response when asked how long until I can see it. Any hints on getting the shipping schedule? Thanks
I called the 866 number and they gave me an exact date from Baltimore to Wisconsin of 6/13. Verified it with my MA and it now matches what the owners lounge says as well.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:17 PM
autobahn256
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jobrando
Goodluck...My roadster has been sitting at Brunswick Ga since May23.
MA says it got selected for random QC checks and it has not been damaged. I'll have 90 days in the process this week. My first and last time to have one built. It's been absolutely ridiculous.
What day was your build date on your Roadster? Mine was 5/14 headed to Brunswick too. Unfortunately mine is lost and after 3 weeks, they are going to finally look for it. Maybe mine is sitting with yours.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:28 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
The Don Juan has crossed the Atlantic, is back in tracking range and is currently docked in Halifax!

Looks to be on schedule to arrive in NYC on the 11th, Brunswick GA on the 16th and Charleston SC on the 17th.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:40 AM
AJW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SeppTB
The Don Juan has crossed the Atlantic, is back in tracking range and is currently docked in Halifax!

Looks to be on schedule to arrive in NYC on the 11th, Brunswick GA on the 16th and Charleston SC on the
17th.
Ive been tracking it too.
Glad its on schedule!!

Old 06-09-2014, 10:50 AM
cwginac
2nd Gear
According to the Mini website and the call center, my mini is waiting for a shipping vessel, however the W&W tracking site says my car was loaded on the Fedora 5 days ago. I wonder if I should call and actually talk to someone about it.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:54 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by cwginac
According to the Mini website and the call center, my mini is waiting for a shipping vessel, however the W&W tracking site says my car was loaded on the Fedora 5 days ago. I wonder if I should call and actually talk to someone about it.
Hmm, website being slow is normal. My car was loaded on 6/1 but the owner's lounge didn't realize it until 6/3 or 6/4? Was the call center the automated one or were you speaking to a real person? Automated isn't going to be any better than the website, but a real person should be able to see it was really loaded. My MA knew it was on the boat on 6/2.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Pennengr
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Picked up my custom VO MCS today. I'll post pics when I can (and I figure out how).

Old 06-09-2014, 04:11 PM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Just found out that the reason my car got delayed at the distribution center is because it has a broken damper.

Still on schedule to be delivered the 16th.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Lawrence F
2nd Gear
I just got off the phone with Ask MINI and my F56 is on the Michigan Highway. The representative said it was scheduled to arrive in Baltimore on the 12th, but I looked it up and it looks like it's already in port :-)

Old 06-09-2014, 04:42 PM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by David Cottrell
Just found out that the reason my car got delayed at the distribution center is because it has a broken damper.

Still on schedule to be delivered the 16th.
My car has been at distribution center since May 23rd. I think they drove it into the Atlantic and the search is on. Thinking about waiting now and ordering a 2015 this fall.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:52 PM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jobrando
My car has been at distribution center since May 23rd. I think they drove it into the Atlantic and the search is on. Thinking about waiting now and ordering a 2015 this fall.
are they giving you an estimated delivery date?
I got delivery date and company that is doing the delivery.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:26 PM
smallbug
2nd Gear
Can't wait to see photos! I'm sure it will be a good drive back home. :D

Originally Posted by MT Motorin
Yippee Skippy! Delivery-Day is tomorrow! (no disrespect to D-Day vets)

Unbeknownst to our MA, our car got put on a transport and arrived in Portland late last night. So much for a heads up so we could try to book a flight and hotel with a few days notice... Will head out to the airport at O'Dark-Early and expect to meet and greet the new addition to our fleet midday...yes, we are psyched!

BTW, those in SoCal who got 2 antennas were lucky. Confirmed that ours will only have the standard, long antenna. We're keeping our short, sport antenna from the '09...per our MA trying it out, we just need to use the bigger adapter/fitting to make it work on the '14 MCS.

So, original order date (3/29) to delivery date (6/6) was exactly 70 days (10 weeks) and from re-order date (4/8) to delivery date (6/6) was exactly 60 days. We had been told 8 - 10 weeks with 3 weeks in transatlantic shipping. They were pretty dead on.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their ship stalking skills and supportive comments. Hope to meet some of you in the future at MINI events. Good luck with your deliveries and Motor On!

P.S. Will try to figure out how to post pics when we get back.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:36 AM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by David Cottrell
are they giving you an estimated delivery date?
I got delivery date and company that is doing the delivery.
No, My MA can't seem to find out what goes on with the car at Brunswick center. I'm close to giving up and waiting 90 days and ordering a 2015. MINI USA has an estimated date for the dealer to have the car. That is today.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:16 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Obsessive Tracking Update, Don Juan Edition:

Currently about 100mi SE off the coast of Cape Cod, nearly a straight line west of the NYC/NJ dock. My city and the boat can now be displayed on the same screen of MarineTraffic.com, so that's something!

Old 06-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Ljer
1st Gear

Currently about 100mi SE off the coast of Cape Cod, nearly a straight line west of the NYC/NJ dock. My city and the boat can now be displayed on the same screen of MarineTraffic.com, so that's something!
I'm with ya...anxiety level rising!

Old 06-10-2014, 10:36 AM
AJW
2nd Gear

So exciting....
I've been ordering Mini stuff all day!!

Old 06-10-2014, 10:44 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by AJW
So exciting....
I've been ordering Mini stuff all day!!
Oh yes. Ordered so far: LightInSight, the 'Rubbish' bag, a crapton of car cleaning/detailing supplies (and I 'practiced' using them this weekend on my current car and my girlfriend's car). Holding off on official accessories in case the dealership wants to throw in any

Old 06-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Ljer
1st Gear
Either of you guys get a delivery time frame?

My MA called and said the boat was due in port Thurs/Fri. I see the boat docking sometime overnight tonight. Where do they get their info??

I've come to ignore the OL, Ask Mini # etc.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:55 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Ljer
Either of you guys get a delivery time frame?

My MA called and said the boat was due in port Thurs/Fri. I see the boat docking sometime overnight tonight. Where do they get their info??

I've come to ignore the OL, Ask Mini # etc.
No time frame yet. I agree with you, seems like it'd dock late tonight. No idea why they'd say Thurs/Fri, WW website clearly says its due to arrive on the 11th and depart on the 12th, so Wed/Thu might make sense. I planned to pester my MA on Thursday to ask if he has an estimate on when it'll be at the dealership and what the turn around time is once they receive it! Hoping to pick up on the 20th or 21st at the latest if all goes well.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:58 AM
AJW
2nd Gear
Oh yes. Ordered so far: LightInSight, the 'Rubbish' bag, a crapton of car cleaning/detailing supplies (and I 'practiced' using them this weekend on my current car and my girlfriend's car). Holding off on official accessories in case the dealership wants to throw in any
They better throw something in!!
I ordered the license plate frame from cravenspeed. I dont want to drill holes in the bumper. Looking for something for the seats. My dog will be in the car alot.
What products?? Ive been reading the detail pages all day. I have some Griots from the Ferrari...but Im always looking for something different.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:59 AM
AJW
2nd Gear
Also will depend if they get hung up at the distribution center.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Ljer
1st Gear
My dealer is about 30 miles from the port. I wouldn't think it would be much more than a week?

I'm about 2 hours north of there. Looking forward to making the trip down for pickup.
Fingers crossed.

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Order Status