F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Order Status

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 12:22 PM
AJW
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is interesting,
The phases of when the car gets to port.

There are five departments at the VDC, not including administrative and management functions:
  • Production – processes the car, performs the pre-delivery inspection, installs labels including the Monroney sticker, inspects for damage, removes shipping labels
  • Workshop – performs mechanical repairs, campaigns, software updates; installs accessories such as driving lights and power kits
  • Body Shop – performs body repair, paint, repairs of scratches and scuffs, paintless dent removal; installs body kits
  • Quality – monitors procedures, reports issues to the factory, ensures quality control throughout the facility
  • Parts – stocks and distributes replacement parts

Old 06-10-2014, 05:39 PM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Well,my car arrived at Jersey port last Thurs.,confirmed by my m.a. friday.Left a voice mail for her yesterday asking for time frame from port to dealer/no response.Owners lounge still says car is at sea!! automated response "at port awaiting vessel"Live person says car is at port (stateside).They are not able to tell when car will ship to dealer.Wish they would get their s--- together.I was hoping to take delivery this saturday but not optimistic.Sorry for this slight rant..I just want my car!!!

Old 06-10-2014, 05:46 PM
fxdavis
2nd Gear
My car arrived at the dealership today (Jun 10), will be picking it up in a couple of days. Here's a sneak peak, courtesy of Merle Freeman (Flow Mini of Raleigh)

Old 06-10-2014, 05:56 PM
AJW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sacandagadano
Well,my car arrived at Jersey port last Thurs.,confirmed by my m.a. friday.Left a voice mail for her yesterday asking for time frame from port to dealer/no response.Owners lounge still says car is at psea!! automated response "at port awaiting vessel"Live person says car is at port (stateside).They are not able to tell when car will ship to dealer.Wish they would get their s--- together.I was hoping to take delivery this saturday but not optimistic.Sorry for this slight rant..I just want my car!!!
You didnt get your car yet???
I thought I would be seeing you post pictures by now.
What are they doing? ??

Old 06-10-2014, 06:12 PM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Actually, I am only a week ahead of you and Sepp.I need to stay calm and be patient!! There are people waiting way longer than myself.Good to see Don Juan will be in port soon.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:14 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll say you're allowed to freak out a bit! I wanted you to get your car by this weekend so I could hope for similar timing for delivery on ours Hopefully your MA has some answers tomorrow, along the lines of 'Oh its here now!' would be best...

Old 06-10-2014, 06:20 PM
AJW
2nd Gear
Even still, To know its so close, and not getting verification as to when you can take delivery is frustrating.

My MA did warn me yesterday that it could still be a couple of weeks before I could take delivery.

Sepp...you hear that from your MA ?

Old 06-10-2014, 06:46 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by AJW

Sepp...you hear that from your MA ?
Not since the 2nd. He told me then 'So you should have the car before the end of the month!' Which leaves a good 20 days of potential wait time after it docks tomorrow.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:49 PM
AJW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SeppTB
Not since the 2nd. He told me then 'So you should have the car before the end of the month!' Which leaves a good 20 days of potential wait time after it docks tomorrow.
Yep...not comforting...but its better than a July delivery.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:22 PM
MT Motorin
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Took Delivery Over The Weekend!

Picked up our car over the weekend and we are very happy.

MINI of Portland MA picked us up at the airport Friday morning. After starting some paperwork, we met our car and went through the basics. After lunch up the street (great burgers at the Canyon Grill), we were ready to tackle learning about all the electronic stuff. By late afternoon we finally tried parallel parking with the Park Assist feature.

We had the service guys help install our front vanity plate since we were warned that one of the nuts can be dislodged and fall into an inaccessible void, and that longer bolts are usually required to get through a metal plate holder and license plate…True! We also got the service guys to show us where and how to drain the oil so we can do our own oil/filter changes. Only other real warning was to be careful with the sensors in the fenders when washing the car.

Decided to do a shake down run to Astoria on Saturday just to ensure no major (or minor) problems appeared before heading home. Everything was tight and felt good.

It was a great day trip through a beautiful canyon and up the coast. And, we ended up having a terrific late lunch of perfectly cooked, non-greasy fish and chips from the Bowpicker Fish & Chips “food ship” (not a food truck) before heading back to Portland. Photos below.

Headed out for Montana early Sunday morning. Had fun playing with the navigation and sound systems, tried out the voice activated commands and paired our phones to the car, and put the car through Mid, Green and cruise control modes. Even set one of the "hot buttons" to check the engine oil level, which we did each time we stopped for fuel. On smooth, newly paved roads, the run flats weren’t too bad, BUT on aggregate concrete roads, the noise from the run flats was deafening! Result: Tire Rack is sending new all-season Michelin tires and the problem will be solved by next week.

Got home that evening and tucked our two MINIs into the garage. Take care and Happy Motoring!

Attached Thumbnails Order Status-pj-too-at-mini-portland.jpeg   Order Status-bowpicker1_med.jpeg   Order Status-bowpicker-menu_med.jpeg   Order Status-img_0128.jpeg   Order Status-img_0131.jpeg  

Old 06-10-2014, 09:56 PM
smallbug
2nd Gear
Woot! Glad to hear all is well and nice photos.
It seems like from the time your ship docked to when the car arrived in Portland was pretty quick. I hope the same is true for me. My boat is due into port tonight.

Next time I'm through OR I'll try to remember to hit up the food boat. Menu looked good.

Originally Posted by MT Motorin

MINI of Portland MA picked us up at the airport Friday morning. After starting some paperwork, we met our car and went through the basics. After lunch up the street (great burgers at the Canyon Grill), we were ready to tackle learning about all the electronic stuff. By late afternoon we finally tried parallel parking with the Park Assist feature.

We had the service guys help install our front vanity plate since we were warned that one of the nuts can be dislodged and fall into an inaccessible void, and that longer bolts are usually required to get through a metal plate holder and license plate…True! We also got the service guys to show us where and how to drain the oil so we can do our own oil/filter changes. Only other real warning was to be careful with the sensors in the fenders when washing the car.

Decided to do a shake down run to Astoria on Saturday just to ensure no major (or minor) problems appeared before heading home. Everything was tight and felt good.

It was a great day trip through a beautiful canyon and up the coast. And, we ended up having a terrific late lunch of perfectly cooked, non-greasy fish and chips from the Bowpicker Fish & Chips “food ship” (not a food truck) before heading back to Portland. Photos below.

Headed out for Montana early Sunday morning. Had fun playing with the navigation and sound systems, tried out the voice activated commands and paired our phones to the car, and put the car through Mid, Green and cruise control modes. Even set one of the "hot buttons" to check the engine oil level, which we did each time we stopped for fuel. On smooth, newly paved roads, the run flats weren’t too bad, BUT on aggregate concrete roads, the noise from the run flats was deafening! Result: Tire Rack is sending new all-season Michelin tires and the problem will be solved by next week.

Got home that evening and tucked our two MINIs into the garage. Take care and Happy Motoring!

Old 06-11-2014, 04:52 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
The Don Juan has docked in NYC! Scheduled to stay there all day (giving the crew a break?) and continue on its journey tomorrow.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:47 AM
AJW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SeppTB
The Don Juan has docked in NYC! Scheduled to stay there all day (giving the crew a break?) and continue on its journey tomorrow.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:08 AM
emilyanny4u
2nd Gear

Couple of things. First I really love that blue color on both of your MINI's! Secondly, now I want to eat at that little boat it looks sooo good. I am glad you are having a blast like the rest of us.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:08 AM
Lawrence F
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Lawrence F
I just got off the phone with Ask MINI and my F56 is on the Michigan Highway. The representative said it was scheduled to arrive in Baltimore on the 12th, but I looked it up and it looks like it's already in port :-)

So I was mistaken and the Michigan Highway will be dropping my F56 off in Brunswick, GA. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow, June 12th around 1:00pm. This makes a lot more sense as Brunswick is much closer to my dealer in Tampa :-) The waiting is getting harder the closer the car gets

Old 06-11-2014, 11:13 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts

care and Happy Motoring!
Car looks great, congratulations. This weird about the runflats being noisy. Mine are as quiet on the highway as the Bridgestone non runflats on my R56. They ride great too. Maybe different brands of RFs feel differently.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:20 PM
bluvw69
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The ship carrying my MINI (Tiger) just popped into range in North American waters! She's currently headed to the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. It's frustrating knowing she's going to sail within spitting distance of where I live only to pass by and head many miles north. It's only a matter of days now...

Old 06-11-2014, 06:27 PM
autobahn256
1st Gear
Lost Roadster

Finally got word that my lost Roadster that finished production on May 14 is still sitting there after 4 weeks. Some part that they need for my car was backordered. Apparently there is a supply chain issue at MINI. How can they start production on my car and not have all the parts?!!!!! So after all the run around, OL and ASK-MINI are correct that my car that was finished on May 14th is still in production.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:42 PM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
My MINI arrived in Brunswick, GA a week ago. The customer relations person on the phone said it should reach my dealer on 6/10 (my MA said "probably not"). The whole time leading up to this point the automated system said it was at the port awaiting a shipping vessel.

Now the automated system says it's in transit. My MA says it's not showing in the transport company tracking system yet, so it's still at the distribution center.

ugh!

Old 06-13-2014, 09:44 AM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Placed my order for S Roadster on March 12. Followed it all the way to Brunswick GA. It's been there since May 23rd. Outside date for delivery was June 10. Mini Customer relations has made no comment. They have been investigating for 4 days. (so they say) and I'm now ready to pull the trigger on this deal Monday. Never experienced such a negative deal in a car purchase. Mini's logistics is very poor to say the least. I had really been dreaming about this car. I hope the rest of you have better luck than me.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:36 PM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by chrisfowler99
My MINI arrived in Brunswick, GA a week ago. The customer relations person on the phone said it should reach my dealer on 6/10 (my MA said "probably not"). The whole time leading up to this point the automated system said it was at the port awaiting a shipping vessel.

Now the automated system says it's in transit. My MA says it's not showing in the transport company tracking system yet, so it's still at the distribution center.

ugh!
Finally on the move! Looking like Monday with a small chance at tomorrow.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:42 PM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Finally on the move! Looking like Monday with a small chance at tomorrow.
I wish someone had an answer for the hangup at Brunswick. Maybe the BMW's move out first then the cheap Mini's

Old 06-13-2014, 03:23 PM
seabrooktx
2nd Gear
Was tracking the MICHIGAN HIGHWAY to Brunswick. It arrived yesterday. My MA e-mailed me today that my car was off the ship. I saw the ship had left out of Brunswick. Will update to see how long it takes to get on the truck. My MA has been pretty good at keeping me informed. I know that has not been the case with others.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:27 PM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by seabrooktx
Was tracking the MICHIGAN HIGHWAY to Brunswick. It arrived yesterday. My MA e-mailed me today that my car was off the ship. I saw the ship had left out of Brunswick. Will update to see how long it takes to get on the truck. My MA has been pretty good at keeping me informed. I know that has not been the case with others.
Mine was off the boat on 6/4 and on the truck somewhere around 6/11.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:32 PM
jobrando
2nd Gear
Mine was off the boat on 6/4 and on the truck somewhere around 6/11.
between 6/4 and 6/11 when was it released to the carrier?

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Order Status