F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Order Status

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 10:35 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good question. I see that there are tons of train tracks right next to the BMW VDC in NYC/NJ, yet everything I've seen references the fact that the cars all come on enclosed truck carriers. I'm betting probably not, most dealerships won't be near train stations, so they'd still need a car carrier to get from the station to the dealership.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:02 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by laj1211
Looks like my baby (Justa VO) will start her long journey tomorrow.

She will be on the Aida headed to NY. Anyone else on the same ship?

If it weren't for you guys and all the tracking information, I would have no idea where she is as my MA's last words to me were, "I'll let you know when your Mini arrives."
There was a thread years ago where the owner tracked his car. He somehow got GPS locations of the ship coming over on maps, and Pix of the ship docked in ports. It was amazing.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:02 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Yay happy email from my MA:

'Ben,
Your car should arrive anytime now. It has been released to the transporter to bring it to the dealership. There is a slim chance that it could be here and ready tomorrow. Give me a call at the end of day, that way i can let you know if the car is here. ~ Mike'

I asked if there was any chance of tomorrow, I have to drive to the city the dealer is at for work, hoping to drive one car out and my MINI back! But if not, at least in a few days!

Old 06-17-2014, 11:26 AM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by aafflyer
Yep, saw that in the owners manual. Still have to wait six to eight weeks for my car, but doing all the reading I can. Having said that, the manuals I have found absolutely suck. They are terribly written.
My MA handed me the manual for my F56 yesterday and I immediately found a specific page and asked him why they list features that aren't available in the US (active cruise control). He was a little confused.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:04 PM
AJW
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SeppTB
Yay happy email from my MA:

'Ben,
Your car should arrive anytime now. It has been released to the transporter to bring it to the dealership. There is a slim chance that it could be here and ready tomorrow. Give me a call at the end of day, that way i can let you know if the car is here. ~ Mike'

I asked if there was any chance of tomorrow, I have to drive to the city the dealer is at for work, hoping to drive one car out and my MINI back! But if not, at least in a few days!
Congratulations! Hoping for a smooth transaction for you. I can only hope to get that same email this week.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:43 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Well, won't be picking up tomorrow. Apparently my car was loaded onto a truck on the 13th, but where it is now... no one knows. The guy who my dealership works with at the trucking company is on vacation, so they're trying to figure out where it went. They've been getting trucks in all week and expect more, but my car hasn't shown up yet.

Also was told that because my car has Navigation, it takes more prep time to get them ready once they reach the dealer. To turn Nav on requires a code from MINI Corporate, which can take a day to get once they have the car.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:09 PM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Well,just got THE call. our mini will be at the dealer tomorrow and ready friday!! Need to work friday so it looks like 11AM sat.Looks like a few of us will be motoring this weekend.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:21 PM
AJW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sacandagadano
Well,just got THE call. our mini will be at the dealer tomorrow and ready friday!! Need to work friday so it looks like 11AM sat.Looks like a few of us will be motoring this weekend.
That's awesome! ! Finally! It seems once they get to the vdc its nearly impossible to track.
Congrats again:-)

Old 06-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Ljer
1st Gear
Has anybody who was on the Don Juan, that docked in NYC on June 11 taken delivery of their vehicle yet?
My car took less time to cross the Atlantic than to get to my dealer...30 miles from the port.
This whole process has been painful.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:47 PM
AJW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Ljer
Has anybody who was on the Don Juan, that docked in NYC on June 11 taken delivery of their vehicle yet?
My car took less time to cross the Atlantic than to get to my dealer...30 miles from the port.
This whole process has been painful.
Sadly no.
My MA has no idea when she will see it. Could be this week..or next.
Its ridiculous.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:14 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Also from the Don Juan Ljer. It hasn't been less time yet, took 10 days to cross the ocean Only been 6 since unloading so far! But yeah, you'd think it'd be quicker to go such short distances.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Ljer
1st Gear
Well...I guess the more realistic question to ask.
I wonder if any folks on the Independence II, which docked June 4 have taken possession of their cars?

Old 06-17-2014, 07:48 PM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Well...I guess the more realistic question to ask. I wonder if any folks on the Independence II, which docked June 4 have taken possession of their cars?

Hell, mine docked on the 29th and have been given 2 delivery dates so far, missing both now I have a "sometime" from my dealer.

Granted I am docked in Baltimore.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:03 PM
Ljer
1st Gear
Originally Posted by David Cottrell
Hell, mine docked on the 29th and have been given 2 delivery dates so far, missing both now I have a "sometime" from my dealer.

Granted I am docked in Baltimore.
Unbelievable

You wouldn't think it would be that hard to keep track of a CAR.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:29 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
I wonder if any folks on the Independence II, which docked June 4 have taken possession of their cars?
sacandagadano was on Independence II and looks to be taking delivery tomorrow!

I think the Independence II and Don Juan each had max loads of Minis, after a bit of a drought in production, so maybe they're a bit backed up with the new higher volume? I think this part is frustrating because unlike the other steps... ya just don't know where it is!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:10 AM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Well. I got an update finally.
They say it will SHIP on the 27th..
I had ordered this car on the 12th of April and it has been sitting at port since the 29th of May.
But hey. At least I have a date to look forward to, hopefully not to be let down again.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:08 AM
iDan
1st Gear
Anyone know how to check what boat I can find my Mini on? The website says it departed yesterday.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:02 AM
ItchyPigCreations
2nd Gear
My first Mini was docked 6/6 and arrived at dealer 6/13 damaged by the car carrier.. So I have another one on order and its scheduled to be built by June 26th .. then shipping after that

Old 06-18-2014, 10:18 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by iDan
Anyone know how to check what boat I can find my Mini on? The website says it departed yesterday.
If you haven't already, read this thread on how to track your car: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html

If you're on a WW ship, you'll use this link: https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...ckSearchResult and put your VIN in the CargoID field.

If you are on a K-Line ship... well not as much info. Go here: http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.pdf to see their schedule. It looks like the Fremantle Highway was at South Hampton on the 16th, and the Columbia Highway will be there on the 20th. But the schedule is only updated once a week, so if the Fremantle was a day behind, then yesterday would make sense!

Old 06-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Ljer
1st Gear
Got the call today. Picking my roadster up Friday

I hope you all get some good news soon.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:07 PM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
My car arrived on the Independence June 4.Will be in Albany dealer today.Taking delivery Sat. 11 AM...can't wait...

Old 06-18-2014, 04:05 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sacandagadano
My car arrived on the Independence June 4.Will be in Albany dealer today.Taking delivery Sat. 11 AM...can't wait...
Oh man! Waiting all the way until Saturday to pick it up? Did they say it would take that long to prepare, or are you not able to drive down until then? I'd be down there tomorrow night offering to assist with any preparations

Old 06-18-2014, 04:15 PM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Oh man! Waiting all the way until Saturday to pick it up? Did they say it would take that long to prepare, or are you not able to drive down until then? I'd be down there tomorrow night offering to assist with any preparations
They told me my car will take AT LEAST 3 days to prep after they receive it. What the hell takes 3 days!? Lol

Old 06-18-2014, 04:18 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by David Cottrell
They told me my car will take AT LEAST 3 days to prep after they receive it. What the hell takes 3 days!? Lol
My MA says 1 is the minimum, only because of how long it takes for the Nav code. When I called Tuesday and asked if there was any chance I might be able to pick up Wednesday evening, he said if it came on the truck Tuesday night, then yes. (Unfortunately, its lost!) He's doing what he can to ensure I have it to pick up Saturday... I hope. Even if it comes in on Friday. We'll see!

Old 06-18-2014, 04:26 PM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
I could of taken delivery Friday.. real busy at work Though and did not want too take the day off.Also since my wife will be primary driver i wanted her too be there.I do work in Albany and will sneak a peek Thursday. Cant wait!!

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Order Status