F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Order Status

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 04:26 PM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SeppTB
My MA says 1 is the minimum, only because of how long it takes for the Nav code. When I called Tuesday and asked if there was any chance I might be able to pick up Wednesday evening, he said if it came on the truck Tuesday night, then yes. (Unfortunately, its lost!) He's doing what he can to ensure I have it to pick up Saturday... I hope. Even if it comes in on Friday. We'll see!
Man. I wish I could get mine. It's been sitting in Baltimore since may 29th. They say I "might" get it by 4th of July weekend.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:29 PM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Sepp,how the heck did they lose your car?? Jeez

Old 06-18-2014, 04:39 PM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by David Cottrell
Man. I wish I could get mine. It's been sitting in Baltimore since may 29th. They say I "might" get it by 4th of July weekend.
David,how far are you from port? Sitting for weeks, somethings not right.Sorry
Dan

Old 06-18-2014, 04:51 PM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by sacandagadano
David,how far are you from port? Sitting for weeks, somethings not right.Sorry Dan
My dealer is 14 hours from port. This is the third delivery date they have given me. Getting quite frustrated since this is week 10.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:43 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sepp,how the heck did they lose your car?? Jeez
Ha, got me. They have confirmation it was loaded onto a truck at the VDC on Friday the 13th. Since then... nothing. Obviously it does not take 5 days to drive from Jersey City to Syracuse, so they're not sure where it has gotten away to...

David - yea that seems excessive. Maybe they only go out that far when they can load up a full truck just for your dealer? Even so it seems they'd get delivery more often than that... and priority 1 (sold!) cars are supposed to get first dibs on truck and ship spots! I hope they can do something for you and get it before the 4th.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:28 PM
smallbug
2nd Gear
My car is on the truck headed to my dealership now where it's expected to arrived Thursday afternoon. Yay!
We are planning on pick it up Saturday. Ready to roll!

Old 06-18-2014, 09:53 PM
Babydoll '14
1st Gear
Followed the Fedora as it passed through the locks along the Panama Canal today. Ordered 3/26 Built 5/21 Shipped 6/4 Still another 2-3 weeks before I get my hands on it.....not sure why that first pic uploaded 3 times, sorry.

Attached Thumbnails Order Status-image-3527088769.jpg   Order Status-image-3051099180.jpg   Order Status-image-3153217637.jpg   Order Status-image-2463927390.jpg   Order Status-image-801933026.jpg  

Order Status-image-2444092789.jpg  

Last edited by Babydoll '14; 06-18-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:10 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
My car has been found... at the dealership! Picking up on Saturday. Woot.

Also, my dealership is having an 'Adopt your next best friend' event on Saturday, with discounts on pre-owned MINIs and also Dog and Cat adoptions! So that'll be fun!

Old 06-19-2014, 03:18 PM
bluvw69
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With my MINI slated to arrive at the dealership within the next 3 days, my MA says I should be able pick it up next Wednesday. I stopped by the dealership today to get some preliminary paperwork taken care of, and was surprised to see so many single-color cars on the lot. In anticipation of my new arrival, I bought some goodies today. New Craven license plate mount and a Whalen shift **** are on their way.

Old 06-19-2014, 04:11 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bluvw69
... was surprised to see so many single-color cars on the lot.
Heard some others mention this too. I get the feeling dealership switched most of their stock orders over to single color so that contrasting slots during the delay could be allocated to orders, and also so their stock kept flowing without being held up.
Congrats on getting a date =)

Old 06-19-2014, 04:18 PM
bluvw69
3rd Gear
Heard some others mention this too. I get the feeling dealership switched most of their stock orders over to single color so that contrasting slots during the delay could be allocated to orders, and also so their stock kept flowing without being held up.
Congrats on getting a date =)
Yes, you are probably correct. At first I was bummed when I had to switch my order to all body color, but now that I've seen a few examples I think I prefer this combination. And try to snap a few shots of your new ride before you get lost in motoring, so the rest of us can get our fix. I'm looking forward to seeing that chocolate brown.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:00 PM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear

Also, my dealership is having an 'Adopt your next best friend' event on Saturday, with discounts on pre-owned MINIs and also Dog and Cat adoptions! So that'll be fun!
That's great news Sepp,Saturday can't get here soon enough.Maybe AJW's mini will appear in Jersey..

Old 06-19-2014, 05:08 PM
AJW
2nd Gear
That's great news Sepp,Saturday can't get here soon enough.Maybe AJW's mini will appear in Jersey..
Thanks for the well wishes. I haven't heard boo all week. Last I heard was "I'll let you know when I see it" it's sitting 45 minutes away, and I can't do anything!! How long does it take to get on a truck!! Ugh...anyway, I may send the MA an email and ask her to find out where it is. Feel like I'm bothering her, but, my anxiety level is ridiculous.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:40 PM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
AJW,"taking delivery sometime this century" LOL...I say next thursday is your day!!

Old 06-19-2014, 05:57 PM
Ljer
1st Gear

Great news...anxiety level winding down.
Picking my roadster up in the AM. Like a kid at Xmas

Old 06-19-2014, 06:13 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by AJW
Thanks for the well wishes. I haven't heard boo all week. Last I heard was "I'll let you know when I see it" it's sitting 45 minutes away, and I can't do anything!! How long does it take to get on a truck!! Ugh...anyway, I may send the MA an email and ask her to find out where it is. Feel like I'm bothering her, but, my anxiety level is ridiculous.
Make her work a bit for that commission! She can answer some emails and make a few phone calls to the trucking company! (Although my MA is salaried)

Isn't it funny how we can track a UPS package across the country no problem, can track our cars sitting on the boat via satellite across oceans, yet put the car on a truck... and black hole.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:44 PM
AJW
2nd Gear
Make her work a bit for that commission! She can answer some emails and make a few phone calls to the trucking company! (Although my MA is salaried)

Isn't it funny how we can track a UPS package across the country no problem, can track our cars sitting on the boat via satellite across oceans, yet put the car on a truck... and black hole.
Black hole is right. Mini needs to do something to rectify this stage of delivery.
I'm emailing her tomorrow!!

Old 06-19-2014, 06:46 PM
AJW
2nd Gear
AJW,"taking delivery sometime this century" LOL...I say next thursday is your day!!
i certainly hope so, I'm giving this week a "wash".
Thanks, looks like your gonna have a fabulous weekend!!

Old 06-20-2014, 02:30 PM
SmokeytheBear
Neutral
Put in my order for an Oxford green CM May 17. Got an email on May 21st with the factory build sheet (not an actual statement of "your order has been placed") and haven't heard a word since. Sent my MA an email this morning asking where the build process updates I was told about disappeared to. Knowing where your car is in the process is the whole fun of getting one built, right?

Old 06-20-2014, 02:57 PM
cwginac
2nd Gear
You could go to ol.miniusa.com and register there using the information on the build sheet.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:07 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Yup, register on there, though that is the slowest to update tracking. The phone number (1-866-ASK-MINI) is often a bit more up to date, you'll need your Production Order Number to register on the Owner's Lounge or call the number, which should be at the top of the build sheet.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:09 PM
seabrooktx
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by seabrooktx
Was tracking the MICHIGAN HIGHWAY to Brunswick. It arrived yesterday. My MA e-mailed me today that my car was off the ship. I saw the ship had left out of Brunswick. Will update to see how long it takes to get on the truck. My MA has been pretty good at keeping me informed. I know that has not been the case with others.

My MA e-mailed me today. My car is at the dealer. That was just one week to prep at the VDC in Brunswick, GA and truck it to Houston. Sounds like that is pretty good from reading this thread.

Ordered 4/21. That's 8 1/2 weeks to the dealer. Tomorrow will be a FUN day!!

Old 06-20-2014, 03:11 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by seabrooktx
My MA e-mailed me today. My car is at the dealer.
Congrats! Lots of Saturday pick ups!
I'm going to get mine at nearly the crack of dawn... well close enough. My dealer originally asked if I could do 9:30am, until I pointed out that I live 90 minutes away and that was rather early for a Saturday morning. So 10am. 30 extra minutes of sleep!

Old 06-20-2014, 03:27 PM
minibx
5th Gear
Congrats! Lots of Saturday pick ups! I'm going to get mine at nearly the crack of dawn... well close enough. My dealer originally asked if I could do 9:30am, until I pointed out that I live 90 minutes away and that was rather early for a Saturday morning. So 10am. 30 extra minutes of sleep!
How can you sleep on a day like that? Lol

Old 06-20-2014, 04:09 PM
SmokeytheBear
Neutral
Originally Posted by cwginac
You could go to ol.miniusa.com and register there using the information on the build sheet.
Thank you for the good info, I'll do that as soon as I get the chance.

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Order Status