F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Order Status

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 07:49 AM
cagger
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by papawhiskey
I ordered on 3/24 and moved to SFP on 4/2. Now my MA says the car was done and awaiting transport on 4/15 which is 13 days, but the Owners Lounge still has me stuck at SFP! I don't know what to believe because mine has the H-K sound system and black roof/mirrors, both of which have some "Issues" though nobody seems to be sure just what those are.
Hi papawhiskey,

Keep us updated as to what you find out. I have delays for both the H/K system and the black/roof mirrors. I cannot even get my dealer to submit the retail order until those restrictions let up. How did you bypass these issues? Did your dealer submit a retail order, or did they customize an inventory order?

I would hate to have to wait until July just to get my retail order submitted. That is ridiculous. Where are you guys hearing that it will be July before any more retail orders can be submitted for a production number if they have black roof/mirrors?

Thanks!

Old 04-17-2014, 08:31 AM
BillM
1st Gear
..another datapoint regarding order type and status:

I ordered an S on Mar 31st, and it got on a boat this past Monday, 4/14, exactly two weeks after submitting the order (Hartford, CT).

It's orange with white top/mirrors/stripes, sport pkg, moonroof, stock stereo, heated seats (not motorized mirrors).

I'm told no issue regarding oil filter housing/seal (presumably resolved by now).

The order tracker in The Owner's Lounge only today showed status as in transit, which means dealer had three days more current knowledge.

Bill

Old 04-17-2014, 08:34 AM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just checked on my order. Car finished in route to port of exit. Ordered April 6th pretty great turn around and I got HK upgrade. Hopefully it will be here soon. It sucks looks like I'm just gonna miss MOTD this year with it.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:03 AM
papawhiskey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by cagger
Hi papawhiskey,

Keep us updated as to what you find out. I have delays for both the H/K system and the black/roof mirrors. I cannot even get my dealer to submit the retail order until those restrictions let up. How did you bypass these issues? Did your dealer submit a retail order, or did they customize an inventory order?

Thanks!
I believe this was a retail order as I'd spec'd everything on the configurator then sent it to the dealer (Mini of Birmingham [Alabama]). As far as bypassing issues, that's where I get shaky with the information I'm getting because I would have thought I'd have been caught in some of this. But the folks here on NAM say that the MA's get better info and it's my MA that says she's done and waiting for a ship!

Old 04-17-2014, 09:30 AM
cagger
1st Gear
I believe this was a retail order as I'd spec'd everything on the configurator then sent it to the dealer (Mini of Birmingham [Alabama]). As far as bypassing issues, that's where I get shaky with the information I'm getting because I would have thought I'd have been caught in some of this. But the folks here on NAM say that the MA's get better info and it's my MA that says she's done and waiting for a ship!
I am happy for you! My MA will not even attempt to submit the order it seems and therefore I cannot even get an order/production number. They say they have to wait for the 2 restrictions with H/K and black roof/mirrors to lift before they can even place the order. Submitted my configuration with my deposit on Monday.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:02 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by cagger
I am happy for you! My MA will not even attempt to submit the order it seems and therefore I cannot even get an order/production number. They say they have to wait for the 2 restrictions with H/K and black roof/mirrors to lift before they can even place the order. Submitted my configuration with my deposit on Monday.
That is rather strange. My dealer submitted the order for mine, with black roof/mirrors, let me know it would be delayed maybe 2 weeks to enter production because of the issue, but he still submitted the order.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:33 AM
VYPUR
5th Gear
MOB is where I got mine also...called the 1800 today said it en route to port of export.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:10 AM
WestonJCW
3rd Gear

My daughter's Cooper awaiting transport.
Delivery in mid May?

Old 04-18-2014, 09:15 AM
BillM
1st Gear
My order said the same thing on the tracker but had been on a boat for three days, so hopefully sooner for you..

Old 04-18-2014, 09:20 AM
WestonJCW
3rd Gear
That would be great!

Old 04-18-2014, 09:27 AM
papawhiskey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by VYPUR
MOB is where I got mine also...called the 1800 today said it en route to port of export.
Vypur,

Cool! I guess I should call the 800# and see what they have to say. The lounge did update yesterday to awaiting transport. Since they're both coming to AL maybe they'll be on the same boat. I'm in Guntersville (SE of Huntsville). Where are you located? Are you with the Rocket City Mini's or another group? Maybe we'll pick them up on the same day.

Cheers,
Paul_F

Old 04-18-2014, 10:12 AM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Vypur, Cool! I guess I should call the 800# and see what they have to say. The lounge did update yesterday to awaiting transport. Since they're both coming to AL maybe they'll be on the same boat. I'm in Guntersville (SE of Huntsville). Where are you located? Are you with the Rocket City Mini's or another group? Maybe we'll pick them up on the same day. Cheers, Paul_F
Yea I'm with the Rocket City MINI group look us up! I can't get the lounge thing to work for me all it list is my 2011 cooper and can't get it to switch to the new one. Aggravates me but oh well can't seem to get it to work. That would be great if they came the same day. Look us up on Facebook we have a awesome group we are also like a sister group with the MINIs of Nashville group we do stuff together a lot.

Tommy

Old 04-18-2014, 02:32 PM
zwazoo
2nd Gear
Mine has been on the boat since the 16th and MINI still shows Awaiting Transport. Wonders of modern communications.

Tom

Old 04-18-2014, 05:54 PM
ojedam64
3rd Gear
Mine went on the boat on the 12th...866 number finally said enroute yesterday,lounge still says awaiting transport.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:40 AM
Beebe
3rd Gear
Yay! Online and Ask-MINI agree that my MINI is on a ship. I wish I could figure out which ship it is. It seems like it was easier to get this info in 2007.

What port do they leave from?

FWIW- we ordered base stereo and white roof.

Last edited by Beebe; 04-21-2014 at 08:40 AM. Reason: more info
Old 04-21-2014, 08:46 AM
steve1ddd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Beebe
Yay! Online and Ask-MINI agree that my MINI is on a ship. I wish I could figure out which ship it is. It seems like it was easier to get this info in 2007. What port do they leave from? FWIW- we ordered base stereo and white roof.
Call the mini hotline. They will tell you the ship name

Old 04-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Beebe
3rd Gear
Thank you steve1ddd,

My MA is fairly new at this and seems befuddled that I'd even care what ship my car is on.

So I called and the nice young man said mine was loaded 4/16 and is on a ship called Honor which is due in port on 4/27.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...7/vessel:HONOR

I'm off to stalk the seas.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:26 AM
misspriss
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Beebe
Thank you steve1ddd,

My MA is fairly new at this and seems befuddled that I'd even care what ship my car is on.

So I called and the nice young man said mine was loaded 4/16 and is on a ship called Honor which is due in port on 4/27.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...7/vessel:HONOR

I'm off to stalk the seas.
Mine is in the same ship! As of yesterday they qrecin the middle of the Atlantic. My friends and family are probably tired of my daily updates, but I'm excited!

Old 04-21-2014, 09:36 AM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Originally Posted by misspriss
Mine is in the same ship! As of yesterday they qrecin the middle of the Atlantic. My friends and family are probably tired of my daily updates, but I'm excited!
Ohh I know the people I work with are sick of me talking about mine.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:05 AM
ojedam64
3rd Gear
speaking of updates...here's a screen shot (dual monitors on my computer) of my ship approaching the Baltimore port (talisman).

my wife and kids are about to kill me with the constant updates. LOL

Attached Thumbnails Order Status-screenshot-2014-04-21-14.02.09.jpg  
Old 04-21-2014, 11:16 AM
papawhiskey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ojedam64
speaking of updates...here's a screen shot (dual monitors on my computer) of my ship approaching the Baltimore port (talisman).

my wife and kids are about to kill me with the constant updates. LOL
So one calls the 866 number in the Owners Lounge and what do you need to tell them? Is production number or VIN better - or something else?

Old 04-21-2014, 11:18 AM
jmeryllman
2nd Gear
So one calls the 866 number in the Owners Lounge and what do you need to tell them? Is production number or VIN better - or something else?
I just called today for the first time, they just asked for the production number. My car arrived in Georgia earlier today. I will see how soon they update the OL.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:22 AM
CobraBob
5th Gear
Yes, you only have to provide them with your Production Number.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:23 AM
ojedam64
3rd Gear
its a little behind schedule (was supposed to be in at 1 am this morning) but its getting closer (this pic is about an hour old)

Attached Thumbnails Order Status-screenshot-2014-04-22-07.20.58.jpg  
Old 04-22-2014, 06:07 AM
papawhiskey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CobraBob
Yes, you only have to provide them with your Production Number.
Tried it this AM. The "voice" said it's on the dock but doesn't have a ship assignment yet. Woo Hoo! We're almost on our way!

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Order Status