F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Anyone found the online Manual yet

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 12:40 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by millicentmini
We bought a Pepper White S F56 on Saturday. We did get a paper manual, but only for the "mechanical" issues. MINI used to include a separate book for the Navigation/Radio/Infotainment system, but there wasn't one in the folder (which is also a fabric pouch now). We asked at the dealer earlier today about the availability of the manual for the Nav/Radio and was told there wasn't one available yet and to try the version through the screen. Unfortunately, I tried that yesterday and it is less than informative. Has anyone been able to locate the Nav/Radio manual? If so, please share the link where you found it. Thanks!
The Navigation and radio info is in the manual linked above. That's a huge section of it even!

Old 05-04-2014, 09:20 AM
hammerhands
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The manual is now where you can find it!

http://www.miniusa.com/content/miniu...r-manuals.html

Old 05-04-2014, 09:23 AM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
The phone app only is completely customised to you Vin# so it only shows info that is specific to your build. This is helpful - especially on the Canadian builds that don't have as much "gack" as the US.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:55 PM
BamBam900
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Owners Manual - non Onboard Monitor

Hi, has anybody come across a PDF of the Mini Hardtop Owners Manual for the non Onboard Monitor configuration?

I'm interested to see the functionality offered by the base radio interface.

Cheers.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:18 AM
tigerhonaker
4th Gear
I am thinking this is a total waste of me asking but ....

Do any of you know if we can actually (Purchase) an owner's manual in Hard Copy ???

Looks like to me it is 230-pages.

Ain't gonna print that out here on my HP printer for sure.

Terry

Old 07-16-2014, 11:03 AM
aafflyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
I am thinking this is a total waste of me asking but ....

Do any of you know if we can actually (Purchase) an owner's manual in Hard Copy ???

Looks like to me it is 230-pages.

Ain't gonna print that out here on my HP printer for sure.

Terry
For the price you would pay (if it was available), you can probably take the PDF to Kinko's and have them print it out double sided for you. They'll even do various bindings for you. Or search for a Staple coupon, and take it to their business center for printing.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:09 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Terry (and all others who didn't get one) - strange your dealer didn't give you a hardcopy. I got one! Its rather nice, identical info to the PDF but in a proper bound format, full color and everything!

BamBam900 - I think, sadly, that MINI prints their manuals to the highest possible spec. I haven't seen any that are specific to the stock radio, though strangely the Connected features themselves are not included in the manual! I'd think the manual should work fine even without the in car screen options, but for features described that also require the screen (PDC, Driver Assist, etc) they'd be explained as if that were present.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:40 PM
tigerhonaker
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SeppTB
Terry (and all others who didn't get one) - strange your dealer didn't give you a hardcopy. I got one! Its rather nice, identical info to the PDF but in a proper bound format, full color and everything!

BamBam900 - I think, sadly, that MINI prints their manuals to the highest possible spec. I haven't seen any that are specific to the stock radio, though strangely the Connected features themselves are not included in the manual! I'd think the manual should work fine even without the in car screen options, but for features described that also require the screen (PDC, Driver Assist, etc) they'd be explained as if that were present.

Say would you take like 3-pics of it like the following.

(1) Close-Up front cover

(2) Close-Up of rear side

(3) If there is any Part #'s a Close-Up of them, please

Thank-You Sir,
Terry

Old 07-16-2014, 02:32 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Sure!

Here's the front cover:
Anyone found the online Manual yet-photo-3.jpg

The rear:
Anyone found the online Manual yet-photo-2.jpg

And close up of the part number (I assume) on the rear.
Anyone found the online Manual yet-photo-1.jpg

Tiny bit blurry, sorry, its 01 40 2 927 905 ue

Also the side binding says 'MINI US-EN' on it. 228 Numbered Pages in total with a spare blank page after.

edit: Ugh, forgot that these forums rotate the pictures and force them to that orientation always. I took them in the logical orientation!

Old 07-16-2014, 05:15 PM
tigerhonaker
4th Gear
Sure!

Here's the front cover:
Attachment 96221

The rear:
Attachment 96220

And close up of the part number (I assume) on the rear.
Attachment 96219

Tiny bit blurry, sorry, its 01 40 2 927 905 ue

Also the side binding says 'MINI US-EN' on it. 228 Numbered Pages in total with a spare blank page after.

edit: Ugh, forgot that these forums rotate the pictures and force them to that orientation always. I took them in the logical orientation!

Thanks so much for taking the time to do the Pictures.
I do have that same Manual as your pictures.

What I decided to do was go to our FedEx store which as you know they also have a print section.

Talked it over with the wife and we both decided to have a real 8 1/2 x 11" Manual in color made and bound.

They used the heavier paper and did Card-Stock for the Front Cover.

It is under a Frost see through sheet.

I took a few quick Pics and scans of a few pages of it.

Obviously the text is much larger and easy to read.
Plus you can just go to the page you need and fold it so it is all you are looking at.

Below are a few Pics of it.

Name:  2014MCSOperatorsManualFullImage_zpsa3778097.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  93.0 KB

Name:  fb341e50-487d-437f-9805-e91354855e00_zps60850636.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  799.2 KB

Name:  2014MCSownersmanual2_zpsaf1c6926.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  38.2 KB

Name:  2014MCSownersmanual3_zps1be9e1fd.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  108.0 KB

Name:  2014MCSownersmanual4_zps32d03cad.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  150.6 KB

Terry

Old 07-16-2014, 05:18 PM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Looks good! The larger size and ring bound would make it easier to use and read than the 'real' one I have even.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:22 PM
tigerhonaker
4th Gear
Looks good! The larger size and ring bound would make it easier to use and read than the 'real' one I have even.

We, (Wife & I) decided the 2014 MCS is not going anywhere as it is actually hers.

After spending the $37K or so the little added expense for the Custom Manual seems small.

It is a very nice Manual in full color and heavy paper bound so you can simply go to the exact page you want.

Very easy to read with the large text.

I think it cost $165.00 dollars Plus Tax.

Terry

Old 07-16-2014, 05:56 PM
tigerhonaker
4th Gear
Originally Posted by millicentmini
We bought a Pepper White S F56 on Saturday. We did get a paper manual, but only for the "mechanical" issues. MINI used to include a separate book for the Navigation/Radio/Infotainment system, but there wasn't one in the folder (which is also a fabric pouch now). We asked at the dealer earlier today about the availability of the manual for the Nav/Radio and was told there wasn't one available yet and to try the version through the screen. Unfortunately, I tried that yesterday and it is less than informative. Has anyone been able to locate the Nav/Radio manual? If so, please share the link where you found it. Thanks!

Man I can't believe I just had a Full-Size Manual made and just looked and the Damn thing does not have the {Navigation} operation in it.

I just cannot believe Mini USA is that Freaking Stupid as complicated as the Navigation is to use.

Pissed-Off is not even close to how I feel !!!

A BMW full blown new product and No-Damn-Manual to know how to use the Navigation.

I think I need a drink and I don't mean a Coke.

Pissed,
Terry

Old 07-16-2014, 06:03 PM
sal1k
4th Gear
Man I can't believe I just had a Full-Size Manual made and just looked and the Damn thing does not have the {Navigation} operation in it.

I just cannot believe Mini USA is that Freaking Stupid as complicated as the Navigation is to use.
Very much so... to have a new owner rely on the manual uploaded into the head unit (which IMHO, also sucks if you're looking for details), is inane.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:20 AM
RichSz
3rd Gear
I'm a manual person and read through the PDF noticing neither the Navigation nor Harman-Kardan (sp.) radio were covered. I emailed my MA asking if he could point me to those PDFs. He couldn't but offered to let me borrow them until my car came in.

The point I'm making is they must exist in paper form if my MA is mailing them to me. I haven't seen them yet so maybe he's shipping me something entirely different. I can report back when I receive them.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:18 AM
tigerhonaker
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sal1k
Very much so... to have a new owner rely on the manual uploaded into the head unit (which IMHO, also sucks if you're looking for details), is inane.
Originally Posted by RichSz
I'm a manual person and read through the PDF noticing neither the Navigation nor Harman-Kardan (sp.) radio were covered. I emailed my MA asking if he could point me to those PDFs. He couldn't but offered to let me borrow them until my car came in.

The point I'm making is they must exist in paper form if my MA is mailing them to me. I haven't seen them yet so maybe he's shipping me something entirely different. I can report back when I receive them.
Guys,

I also called the G/M at my Mini Dealer and we use to work together at a different dealership.

He said, (Name with-Held) the manual is "Not" complete !!!

He also said he did not know of a Hard-Copy of how to use the Navigation.

I can tell you they, (Dealers) don't like it either.

I have a thought & also want to know what do you all think ???

My understanding is the new 2014 MCS has the exact same Navigation as the BMW ???

If so surely to goodness BMW did have real instructions as to how to use their Navigation.

Meaning in Hard-Copy where one can look and follow the instructions.

Anyone know if the above is a fact ???

Terry

Old 07-17-2014, 07:37 AM
sal1k
4th Gear
My understanding is the new 2014 MCS has the exact same Navigation as the BMW ???

If so surely to goodness BMW did have real instructions as to how to use their Navigation.

Meaning in Hard-Copy where one can look and follow the instructions.

Anyone know if the above is a fact ???

Terry
I thought the same thing the evening I brought the car home and realized the manuals were POS. So I started looking around for iDrive manuals online, PDFs, even a web simulator which mirrors our systems. Maybe I didn't look hard enough or in the right places, but I came up with nothing.

In a few bimmerforums I recall folks saying that they had access to manuals electronically in their head units as well, so maybe they're in the same boat as us.

I downloaded an owner's manual for a 2014 235i and although it did have a cursory description of iDrive, nothing about navigation. There was a 2009 iDrive quick reference guide: no help.

In this day and age, to sell a sophisticated piece of engineering without a manual is absolutely silly. But... I have to say this in their defense. Other companies I admire (Apple, for one), barely have any printed documentation with their products, but you can find everything at their support site, including exhaustive instructional videos.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:59 AM
RichSz
3rd Gear
Not having the manuals completed is unexpected. It'll be fine.

I imagine the devices will be pretty easy to figure out. I'm an engineer, it's what I do. But I generally read the manuals to 1) amuse myself, and 2) to catch subtle feature I didn't notice while playing with it. I'm trying to sate #1. :-)

Old 07-17-2014, 09:02 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,091 Likes on 1,865 Posts
F56 Official MINI Factory Owners Manuals:

01402925093 Owner's Manual for F56 with Navigation 12/2013 to 03/2014 production

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/01402925093/

&

01402927905 Owner's Manual for F56 with Navigation 03/2014 to 07/2014 production

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/01402927905/

---------------------------

01402925093 Owner's Manual for F56 without Navigation 12/2013 to 03/2014 production

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/01402925116/

&&

01402927882 Owner's Manual for F56 without Navigation 03/2014 to 07/2014 production

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/01402927882/

Thanks , there is the Nav and NON Nav manuals above.

If you need anything for your F56 just let me know. Start a new thread and say hey ECS Tuning , find this part.
I will try my best. Then it will help others looking for the same thing.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 07-17-2014, 09:28 AM
tigerhonaker
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
F56 Official MINI Factory Owners Manuals:

01402925093 Owner's Manual for F56 with Navigation 12/2013 to 03/2014 production

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/01402925093/

&

01402927905 Owner's Manual for F56 with Navigation 03/2014 to 07/2014 production

---------------------------

01402925093 Owner's Manual for F56 without Navigation 12/2013 to 03/2014 production

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/01402925116/

&&

01402927882 Owner's Manual for F56 without Navigation 03/2014 to 07/2014 production

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/01402927882/

Thanks , there is the Nav and NON Nav manuals above.

If you need anything for your F56 just let me know. Start a new thread and say hey ECS Tuning , find this part.
I will try my best. Then it will help others looking for the same thing.

Just so you know,

The below reference to the 2014 with Navigation is exactly what we already have.

It is "Not" going to have anything remotely in it to show how to use the Navigation.

I just went and looked and the Part #'s are identical.

Here is a picture of that Owner's Manual at the bottom of this post.

Thanks for trying to help all of us as it is certainly appreciated .........

OWNER'S MANUAL FOR F56 WITH..... Navigation

Read more >>
<< Read less

Choose how many gift cards you would like below. You can set the
denomination in your cart during checkout.

Qty

Ships in 4 days

$38.57 Add To Cart

Product Info

• Mfg Part# 01402927905
  • ECS Part# ES#2734778
  • Brand

Terry

Old 07-17-2014, 09:40 AM
tigerhonaker
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sal1k
I thought the same thing the evening I brought the car home and realized the manuals were POS. So I started looking around for iDrive manuals online, PDFs, even a web simulator which mirrors our systems. Maybe I didn't look hard enough or in the right places, but I came up with nothing.

In a few bimmerforums I recall folks saying that they had access to manuals electronically in their head units as well, so maybe they're in the same boat as us.

I downloaded an owner's manual for a 2014 235i and although it did have a cursory description of iDrive, nothing about navigation. There was a 2009 iDrive quick reference guide: no help.

In this day and age, to sell a sophisticated piece of engineering without a manual is absolutely silly. But... I have to say this in their defense. Other companies I admire (Apple, for one), barely have any printed documentation with their products, but you can find everything at their support site, including exhaustive instructional videos.

I know what you say and where you are coming from on Manuals.

One would think BMW and any other Top-Line-Manufacturer would have some semblance of, (Common-Sense) and have a Manual for the Navigation.

My wife which happens to have her Masters, and CPA is a smart cookie.
But ......
There ain't No-Way in HELL she would ever figure out how to use the Navigation.

I am a car guy from way back in the 60s and I have owned all sorts of High-End cars over the years.

There is no DAMN way to follow common-sense in trying to use the MCS Nav. unit.

It's like you can get the new address in, it looks like it is (Stored) but guess what ???

The New Address is "Not" stored, period.

After screwing around with it for ever I finally somehow or another got it Stored in the Address Book.

But, I have no idea what the steps are to do it by the numbers !!!

That's why I had the complete operators manual printed at FedEx in the 8 1/2" size bound.

Little did I know or suspect it has No information to using the Navigation unit. Name:  Sad-1.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  14.4 KB

This is simply "Ridiculous" of Mini USA & BMW !!!

Terry

Old 07-17-2014, 09:50 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,091 Likes on 1,865 Posts
You are welcome, just trying to help and with the split years. I was thinking maybe there was an update in the manuals now, worth a shot. Like when it went to print the first time or a revision. The online PDF and the early books might have missed it. I have seen books change and updates over the years with these. Also if there is a simple update there is an insertion page that has its own part number.

Thanks

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 07-17-2014, 11:43 AM
tigerhonaker
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
You are welcome, just trying to help and with the split years. I was thinking maybe there was an update in the manuals now, worth a shot. Like when it went to print the first time or a revision. The online PDF and the early books might have missed it. I have seen books change and updates over the years with these. Also if there is a simple update there is an insertion page that has its own part number.

Thanks
It's hard to believe that the Owner's Manual shows and tells all about how to use the headlights, wipers, adjust the seats and all the rest of the crap that an idiot could figure out.

But the complicated Navigation that is a Nightmare to operate there is No-information at all.

Thanks for trying,
Terry

Old 07-18-2014, 11:19 AM
RichSz
3rd Gear
I realize that a $20k+ car ought to come with printed manuals. That is a given. However my MA had the following link in his email sig:

http://www.miniusa.com/content/miniu...basic-controls

While the videos aren't quite substitutes for proper manuals, they're better than nothing.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:28 PM
hammerhands
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm half way through reading the manual. It has put me to sleep twice, shut my eyes countless times. They were nice enough to put some intentional and unintentional laughs in there.

"The laws of physics cannot be repealed, even with DSC."

But the most amusing is page 105 where they explain the limitations of the pedestrian avoidance. It basically says if there's a 300 pound man beating on your hood on a Sunday afternoon it will put on the brakes.

Detection range
The detection capability of the camera is limited. This may result in the warning not being issued or being issued late. For example, the following situations may not be detected:
▷Partially covered pedestrians.
▷Pedestrians that are not detected as such because of the viewing angle or contour.
▷Pedestrians outside of the detection range.
▷Pedestrians having a body size less than 32 in/80 cm.

Functional limitations The system may not be fully functional or may not be available in the following situations:
▷In heavy fog, rain, sprayed water or snowfall.
▷In tight curves.
▷If the camera view field or the front windshield are dirty or covered.
▷When driving toward bright lights.
▷Up to 20 seconds after the start of the engine, via the Start/Stop ****.
▷During calibration of the camera immediately after vehicle shipment.
▷When it is dark outside.