F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Anyone found the online Manual yet

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 09:00 PM
steve1ddd
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone found the online Manual yet

I cant find the 2014 hard top manual online...anyone find it? Britts, Cannoks? Can you share the knowledge?

Old 04-11-2014, 03:51 AM
zwazoo
2nd Gear
I called MINI, ask the question via theOwner's Lounge, and my MA and the story was the same, nothing until after the official launch. Seems like something that would be greatly appreciated by those of us that are waiting for our cars.

Tom

Old 04-11-2014, 05:08 AM
CobraBob
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree, Tom.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:44 AM
papawhiskey
4th Gear
Me Too!

Originally Posted by zwazoo
I called MINI, ask the question via theOwner's Lounge, and my MA and the story was the same, nothing until after the official launch. Seems like something that would be greatly appreciated by those of us that are waiting for our cars.

Tom
I want in on this thread. I'd love to get a leg up on all the features and stuff that can be modified by the user on this baby before I start driving it. Don't see what the big deal is about not getting it out before the official launch but......

Cheers,
Paul_F

Old 04-11-2014, 05:46 AM
torpeau
4th Gear
Originally Posted by zwazoo
Tom
It's been launched in the UK. You'd think we could download from there.

Most of us could probably figure out what their manual meant when we saw words like kerb, tyre, lorry and colour.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:55 AM
ojedam64
3rd Gear
haven't found it but it sure isn't for a lack of looking!

Old 04-11-2014, 08:27 AM
SpartanVet
2nd Gear
Yes, after driving and sitting in the vehicle last Saturday I realized a head start would be fantastic. I'll keep checking online hopefully it'll be there by next week. Not that it'll help the owners picking their MINI's up this weekend.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:45 AM
hammerhands
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think the MINI website must be getting lots of traffic from would-be readears poking around for it.

Maddening.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:10 AM
zwazoo
2nd Gear
I looked at the manual with the car I test drove, so they have been printed. Maybe someone forgot to ask the publisher for a PDF copy to post.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:13 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 121 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by torpeau
It's been launched in the UK. You'd think we could download from there.
AFAIK, MINI UK never released owner's manual PDFs in the past. I remember when the R56 first came out, a UK owner went to the trouble of scanning the entire manual!

Actually, I've never seen a PDF owner's manual online besides from MINIUSA.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:25 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Found one of sorts. Google play has an app that you can download called "Mini Drver's Guide". I could not find it from my phone so had to go to the computer online store then paste the link into this site to down it to my computer.
Here -- http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

Here's the app link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iversguide.row

Now once you have downloaded the app to your computer ...copy the apk to the memory card on your phone and open it using file explorer or similar . I will install and ask you for you Mini vin #....put that in and it will download the manual and videos...very cool and very Mini! This worked and is customised to my Mini that is still at sea!!

Last edited by GregoryK; 04-14-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:02 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by GregoryK
....put that in and it will download the manual and videos...
What exactly did it download? Files you can transfer to your computer (hint)?

Old 04-14-2014, 07:11 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
you need to have an android phone to get the manual or download an application like " bluestacks" that can simulate an android phone on your PC.

Download the APK file from the link above. To download it to your PC just paste the link for the APP into the downloader link (top) above and it will put in on your hard drive where you want. You can not open APK files on a PC without a simulator program like "bluestacks".

Worth it...I'm reading how the Nav system works as I'm writing this!

Old 04-14-2014, 07:11 PM
MarcoPolo
5th Gear
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
app looks and works great on my Nexus 5. Thanks for the heads up!

Old 04-15-2014, 08:41 AM
misterbl
1st Gear
I've had my F56 for a little over a week now, and I've read through the manual that came with it. I've also clicked through the online manual that is available in the MINI connected system in the car. Note that its "online" in the sense that its available through the center screen and iDrive system, not available for download. I've noticed several items that are covered in the online manual that are not covered in the printed manual. Having a PDF of the manual will certainly give you a starting point, but sadly it doesn't cover everything. Most of the missing information is probably about the iDrive system itself, so if that's not an option you picked I guess it won't matter. Curiously, the printed manual contains items that I don't think are actually available for the US models. It talks about adaptive cruise control and some system similar to OnStar (I may be remembering that wrong). I don't remember seeing those as options in the configurator.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:51 AM
torpeau
4th Gear
Originally Posted by misterbl
Curiously, the printed manual contains items that I don't think are actually available for the US models. It talks about adaptive cruise control and some system similar to OnStar (I may be remembering that wrong). I don't remember seeing those as options in the configurator.

I wonder if any of those missing features could be added to US versions by a software update.

BMW is one of the automakers working w/ Apple, so maybe the manual will be accessible by Apple products, too.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:59 PM
cagger
1st Gear
I found this link which shows that an iPhone / iPad version of the app is available. The only problem is that it is only viewable it seems in the Austria iTunes store currently. ( I am U.S. and it will not open in my iTunes). If you can figure out how to get it to download to iPhone in the U.S. please let me know!

http://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/app/834510424/

Thanks!

Old 04-16-2014, 01:44 PM
marcussoori
3rd Gear
I used bluestacks (and you must upgrade in-app to the Google Play store version) and Dropbox on my MacBook Air to view the owner's manual (in "tablet" mode).

It seems like the only non-intuitive aspect of the car is the need to memorize the huge list of verbal commands you can give the multimedia system using the button on the steering wheel.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:45 PM
torpeau
4th Gear
E-mailed an tweeted miniusa this PM -- iPad/iPhone. Let's see what happens.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:45 AM
torpeau
4th Gear
E-mailed an tweeted miniusa this PM -- iPad/iPhone. Let's see what happens.
Told them that it was available in Europe. Here's the response I got: "We apologize, but the PDF version for your vehicle's Owner's Manual is not yet available. We update our website, www.MINIusa.com, frequently; be sure to check back soon for the addition of the 2014 MINI Cooper Hardtop Owner's Manual under the "Owners" section on the homepage."

At least they know people are asking for it.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:19 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
After I purchased my 2006 R52, MINIUSA took almost a year before they posted the Owner's Manual PDF online. The next year's model already started production!

Old 04-23-2014, 07:10 AM
papawhiskey
4th Gear
Told them that it was available in Europe. Here's the response I got: "We apologize, but the PDF version for your vehicle's Owner's Manual is not yet available. We update our website, www.MINIusa.com, frequently; be sure to check back soon for the addition of the 2014 MINI Cooper Hardtop Owner's Manual under the "Owners" section on the homepage."

At least they know people are asking for it.

Bump

Old 04-23-2014, 11:49 AM
torpeau
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rkw
After I purchased my 2006 R52, MINIUSA took almost a year before they posted the Owner's Manual PDF online. The next year's model already started production!
Apparently there is an Android version of the manual and an iPhone/iPad version in Europe, so the more people who go to http://www.miniusa.com/content/miniu...ontact-us.html and request it in the US, the sooner we'll get it and a PDF version.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:57 AM
papawhiskey
4th Gear
Apparently there is an Android version of the manual and an iPhone/iPad version in Europe, so the more people who go to http://www.miniusa.com/content/miniu...ontact-us.html and request it in the US, the sooner we'll get it and a PDF version.
I just asked for the PDF as most flavors of smartphones have a PDF reader app.
Come folks - lets bomb them with requests.

Cheers

Old 04-23-2014, 12:05 PM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Done!!

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Anyone found the online Manual yet