F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Hooray! Got mine and my first impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 07:54 AM
MotorMayhem
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zwazoo
Very good; our sun here, Northern Virginia, is not as direct, but it does get hot. Particular brand you use or just looking for ceramic?
I have Llumar CTX installed in the car and continue to be very happy with that addition

Old 05-06-2014, 08:25 AM
Flyer53
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MotorMayhem
I have Llumar CTX installed in the car and continue to be very happy with that addition
Nice job... Never been a big fan of all black but yours is a beauty...
Just leased a F56 cooper non s for my daughter...and I have to admit even with just the cooper every time I take that mini out it just gets nicer and nicer. The quality and set-up is far superior than the previous mini's....even though some of us don't care for some of the changes. It keeps pushing me closer and closer to trading in my 2011 Countryman All4s ....Seeing if I can hold out the wait for the release of the F56 JCW.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:49 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyer53
Nice job... Never been a big fan of all black but yours is a beauty...
Just leased a F56 cooper non s for my daughter...and I have to admit even with just the cooper every time I take that mini out it just gets nicer and nicer. The quality and set-up is far superior than the previous mini's....even though some of us don't care for some of the changes. It keeps pushing me closer and closer to trading in my 2011 Countryman All4s ....Seeing if I can hold out the wait for the release of the F56 JCW.
What was the lease deal?

Old 05-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Flyer53
5th Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
What was the lease deal?
2014 Cooper auto non s. white/silver with black top. Cold weather package, standard B/T, etc... pretty much was sitting on the lot. 2nd regular Cooper on the road in CT..a few weeks ago. $280ish with $2000. down 36 month/36000 miles.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:25 PM
ZPayne
1st Gear
Hey guys, first post here!

Just wanted to say great looking car man, Very similar to how mine might look if and when I get an F56, although mine would have the 16'' victory spoke wheels in black. (As i would upgrade to aftermarket 17's)

Only thing that I would do would be to black out those side reflectors with a thick layer of plastidip, or tint or something. They really detract from the look of the car IMO.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:25 PM
ZPayne
1st Gear
Hey guys, first post here!

Just wanted to say great looking car man, Very similar to how mine might look if and when I get an F56, although mine would have the 16'' victory spoke wheels in black. (As i would upgrade to aftermarket 17's)

Only thing that I would do would be to black out those side reflectors with a thick layer of plastidip, or tint or something. They really detract from the look of the car IMO.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:33 PM
MotorMayhem
3rd Gear
Thanks Zpayne and Flyer53

And Flyer I am sure you will be happy if you wait for the JCW; but I would also say you will be happy as well if you don't and jump on an F56 now, hehe.

I also agree with you that the refinements made to the new platform are well worth it. Taking nothing way from the heritage of the older gen minis which are all great as well. But with any variety of evolution comes change and I (personally) think the changes here are for the better. The car is simply a joy to drive every second and really supports the "premium" brand Mini/BMW has worked very hard to establish since the reboot.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:41 AM
Rocket_man
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
more pics
Congrats Motor. The car looks great. I noticed you got the JCW package. My wife has this in her configuration as well but we've not seen one in person. She really wants the red trimmed steering wheel and shifter, but it also has the Alcantera liner. If you get a chance can you take pics of the shifter and roof liner?

We can get the JCW steering wheel as a separate option, but can't get the JCW shifter unless it comes in the package

Old 05-07-2014, 07:11 AM
MotorMayhem
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Congrats Motor. The car looks great. I noticed you got the JCW package. My wife has this in her configuration as well but we've not seen one in person. She really wants the red trimmed steering wheel and shifter, but it also has the Alcantera liner. If you get a chance can you take pics of the shifter and roof liner?

We can get the JCW steering wheel as a separate option, but can't get the JCW shifter unless it comes in the package
Thanks Rocket Man, I will shoot some pics of the shifter and headliner in just a bit when I am running some errands and can get better light than my garage offers.

One thing to note for you though, I did want the JCW package but was not able to get it added to my order in time.

I wanted it all for the same reason, to have the matching stitching on the shifter and it's other included options I had picked anyway. My ride does have the anthracite headliner, JCW wheels with paddle shifters, and the JCW rugs (which I added separately after I took delivery).

I was very pleasantly surprised to find I had the stitching on the shifter and asked my MA about this, from what they knew this was just part of getting the auto trans with the paddle shifter set up. With that said though they were not sure with the addition of the actual JCW package if this would continue or "now" require that package to get the extra red thread.

I think you will be happy with the inclusion of the JCW package since it is a great buy for the money and the door sills are pretty darn cool too. I am still looking into adding them once that part becomes available.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:05 PM
MotorMayhem
3rd Gear
And here are the photos you asked for Rocket Man

Attached Thumbnails Hooray! Got mine and my first impressions-headliner.jpg   Hooray! Got mine and my first impressions-shifter.jpg  
Old 05-07-2014, 12:09 PM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Congrats Motor. The car looks great. I noticed you got the JCW package. My wife has this in her configuration as well but we've not seen one in person. She really wants the red trimmed steering wheel and shifter, but it also has the Alcantera liner. If you get a chance can you take pics of the shifter and roof liner? We can get the JCW steering wheel as a separate option, but can't get the JCW shifter unless it comes in the package
I ordered the JCW interior package on mine (order placed 4/14). The Configurator showed all the options but on the invoice it only stated headliner and steering wheel.... Since the dealer messed up my order in other ways they said they would manually add the shift boot/**** (manual) steel pedals and door sills.
So just beware that you may not get what you think you get :(

Old 05-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Rocket_man
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks Rocket Man, I will shoot some pics of the shifter and headliner in just a bit when I am running some errands and can get better light than my garage offers.

One thing to note for you though, I did want the JCW package but was not able to get it added to my order in time.

I wanted it all for the same reason, to have the matching stitching on the shifter and it's other included options I had picked anyway. My ride does have the anthracite headliner, JCW wheels with paddle shifters, and the JCW rugs (which I added separately after I took delivery).

I was very pleasantly surprised to find I had the stitching on the shifter and asked my MA about this, from what they knew this was just part of getting the auto trans with the paddle shifter set up. With that said though they were not sure with the addition of the actual JCW package if this would continue or "now" require that package to get the extra red thread.

I think you will be happy with the inclusion of the JCW package since it is a great buy for the money and the door sills are pretty darn cool too. I am still looking into adding them once that part becomes available.
Thanks Mayhem! I have to admit I feel a bit dumb since I was reading the roof liner as 'Alcanterra' and not 'Anthracite' so I was expecting a faux suede look. On a blacked out car it is a must, my wife's car will be Pepper White so I'll show her these pics. It may not be her style, but it looks great on your car. It almost looks like your car has the JCW package except for the door sills. I'm wonder if there are still errors in the configurator. The paddle shifters requires the JCW steering wheel so maybe they jsut got confused. I think the dealers are still trying to figure out this car like the rest of us.

And here are the photos you asked for Rocket Man
Thanks! I noticed that your shifter has a lower boot than the pictures on the web site. I wonder if this is the way the JCW shifter is vice the normal shifter.

Originally Posted by David Cottrell
I ordered the JCW interior package on mine (order placed 4/14). The Configurator showed all the options but on the invoice it only stated headliner and steering wheel.... Since the dealer messed up my order in other ways they said they would manually add the shift boot/**** (manual) steel pedals and door sills.
So just beware that you may not get what you think you get :(
Yeah I think the configurator may not be exactly correct. Great to know that the shift boot can be added by the dealer. Thanks for that info!