F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Leather seats in third generation hardtop

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 03:26 PM
Minor
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leather seats in third generation hardtop

Is it true that Mini is only offering full leather seats as the grey lounge leather? The other colors in the lounge range, toffee and black are very good looking and would complement manby of the exterior colors. It is unclear to me what the Recaro sports seats are covered with

The truffle is appealing but a thoughtful owner who liked it said not for everyone, you love it or hate it Anyone else had experience with it?

thanks for your thoughts

Old 05-27-2014, 08:21 PM
dwdyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Minor
Is it true that Mini is only offering full leather seats as the grey lounge leather? The other colors in the lounge range, toffee and black are very good looking and would complement manby of the exterior colors. It is unclear to me what the Recaro sports seats are covered with

The truffle is appealing but a thoughtful owner who liked it said not for everyone, you love it or hate it Anyone else had experience with it?

thanks for your thoughts
The "punch" leather on the sport seats is rather nice so far but it does have what appears to be Alcantara trim (faux suede). So no, they're not "full leather". Seating surfaces and sides are smooth leather with grain, not as smooth as the lounge leather seats, but still as thick-feeling. (Not like the "glove" leather you'll find in some cars like Honda -- which feels great at first but wears quickly to be loose and saggy.

The only "punch" is in the thigh bolster. Champ198's photo here (near the top) is pretty good. The fuzzy-looking parts I suspect are Alcatara, not suede. Could be suede. If they're suede, then it's technically all leather.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...f56-today.html

Old 05-28-2014, 04:45 AM
CobraBob
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The trim is Alcantara. A nice touch IMO. So far, I am liking these seats a lot.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:46 AM
SpartanVet
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by CobraBob
I have the same seats and love the look and feel also. Would choose them again in a heartbeat.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:23 AM
aafflyer
5th Gear
Searched for Alcantara. Italian company. So I guess a little bit of Italian in my car after all -- I didn't need the Fiat 500 after all

Old 05-28-2014, 07:26 AM
Minor
1st Gear
Thank you very much - your thoughtful comments, pictures and enthusiasm about these seats arevery reassuring as they are quite a departure from the lounge toffee we have in a green convertible. These look terrific and seem quite supportive. However, i am put off a bit by the alcantara strip and hope we will share your enthusiasm. Which is more meaningful as it is the result of actual experience.

The questions as to the light or darkness relate to the "actual" color value of the dark truffle as this will affect the exterior color choice (building inside-out) as to wither blue or one of the greys any further thoughts on color appreciated

Old 05-28-2014, 07:32 AM
papawhiskey
4th Gear
I've got the Punch black leather sport seats in my MCS and they are incredibly comfortable and have about 9 million different adjustments to form fit to your body. I would say they are well worth the order price and of course there's that wonderful leather smell when you hop in the car. Won't last for ever I know but I'm enjoying it all for now.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:53 AM
Minor
1st Gear
good to hear on the black Punch leather seats. Are they the same configuration as the dark truffle punch leather seats? Do they have a black alcantara strip? thank you

Old 05-28-2014, 08:31 AM
dwdyer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Minor
good to hear on the black Punch leather seats. Are they the same configuration as the dark truffle punch leather seats? Do they have a black alcantara strip? thank you
Yes, just different color.