F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 F56 JCW Status

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 11:58 AM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F56 JCW Status

I Was at my dealer yesterday and they stated that the F56 JCW will not be happening because "They can't get any more horsepower out of the current configuration".... They stated that they were at training last week and were told that it's not possible so they are scrapping the JCW.

Now if you ask me this is complete bull. The engine is already shown getting 230 in the 1 series and tunes have shown that it's possible without any extra parts.

I figured I would put it on here and see what you guy/gals think. Personally. I don't believe a word my dealer says.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:07 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts
Makes no sense but I'm no expert. Your dealer say where that came from? But you can still order 2014 JCW models like mine, just not the hatchback. I can add the JB tune thing for $300 but to be honest my car is fast enough for me right now the way it is. I got a $350 speeding ticket a week ago in it, first one in over 20 years. I think my car is fast enough!

Old 08-21-2014, 12:08 PM
papawhiskey
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by David Cottrell
I Was at my dealer yesterday and they stated that the F56 JCW will not be happening because "They can't get any more horsepower out of the current configuration".... They stated that they were at training last week and were told that it's not possible so they are scrapping the JCW.

Now if you ask me this is complete bull. The engine is already shown getting 230 in the 1 series and tunes have shown that it's possible without any extra parts.

I figured I would put it on here and see what you guy/gals think. Personally. I don't believe a word my dealer says.
That's got to be the dumbest thing I've heard a dealer say to date! So they want us to believe that all these JCW parts they're coming out with (front end, exhaust, etc.) are all for naught?

This is another reason why people don't tend to trust dealers - they have this propensity to say anything except "I don't know, but will look into that for you." Did they maybe think you'd buy an S or a Justa that day rather than wait for for a JCW - so it became a non-existent item?

Old 08-21-2014, 12:09 PM
Grizld700
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds like something they made up. That way you don't wait for the JCW and just buy an S now. Skeemers those guys are.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:11 PM
papawhiskey
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
Makes no sense but I'm no expert. Your dealer say where that came from? But you can still order 2014 JCW models like mine, just not the hatchback. I can add the JB tune thing for $300 but to be honest my car is fast enough for me right now the way it is. I got a $350 speeding ticket a week ago in it, first one in over 20 years. I think my car is fast enough!
Sorry to hear that but - Wow! How far over the posted limit were you?

That one's probably worth framing.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:12 PM
RobMuntean
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Grizld700
Sounds like something they made up. That way you don't wait for the JCW and just buy an S now. Skeemers those guys are.
Agreed...a bunch of morons trying to get paid. Just wait my dealer said it'll be coming out this fall late September or October.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:12 PM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
I already have my f56. So it's odd that they would even bring it up. I was just in buying a shirt for my wife and double checking if my parts were in. (Damaged interior on my f56) and they just brought it up out of the blue. I really want the JCW kit on my f56s (when it comes out) but don't trust my dealer enough to install it.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:24 PM
tuco44
3rd Gear
I do not believe what that dealer says is true at all (like most of us here). There has been chatter recently on "Motoringfile" about the upcoming JCW and getting 230 hp out of the B48 engine, and BMW will be using that engine in a number of upcoming smaller BMWs.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:26 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by papawhiskey
Sorry to hear that but - Wow! How far over the posted limit were you?

That one's probably worth framing.
52 in a 30 going around a curve, cop coming at me. I didn't think they could radar you coming toward you. He said "I could take you to jail". But he let it go down as 15-20 over the limit and no points but a pretty big fine to the little town I had passed through (Jerome, AZ). Good thing he wasn't behind me going up the hill about 1/2 hour before that!

Old 08-21-2014, 12:32 PM
tuco44
3rd Gear
Here's link to the story in Motoringfile on the upcoming uses for the B48 engine:

http://www.motoringfile.com/2014/08/...ns/#more-36065

Old 08-21-2014, 01:26 PM
kyoo
6th Gear
Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts
lollllll which dealership was this

Old 08-21-2014, 01:42 PM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kyoo
lollllll which dealership was this
MINI of the fox valley in Appleton WI

Old 08-21-2014, 01:54 PM
MINIwuff
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by David Cottrell

Yes, complete bull and not sure what "training" they were at where that would be stated, but there will be a JCW "range" of models beginning with the F56. The B48 engine in that model should be tuned to the 230hp, as it is in the BMW 2er Active Tourer.

Originally Posted by RobMuntean
Agreed...a bunch of morons trying to get paid. Just wait my dealer said it'll be coming out this fall late September or October.
This info, however, is not accurate. The JCW models will not be available until mid 2015. The JCW body kit and "appearance package" are available on the F56 and F56 S as of NOVEMBER BUILD (so arriving at dealers around late December/January), but the actual model with increased horsepower/exhaust/etc will be more like March 2015 production and May dealer delivery.

I truly do not believe that dealers INTEND to be idiots, but their main goal is sales, and more importantly, sales right now of what is on the lot. Often times, new product information is not made available to them on purpose. What they don't know won't hurt current sales - I guess. You may not sell your customer that Countryman that was on the lot for 208 days if you started telling them all about the F55 4-door coming in a few months, for example. Or it may be harder to sell outgoing 2015 R57s if the new F57 is just around the corner. Motoringfile is a great resource of accurate information about what is coming. They are "connected" with the manufacturer to some extent and MINI uses their blog to get information and gather information from the public. They do that here as well, believe it or not.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:06 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I would just hope the mechanics are smarter than the sales staff. I'm not sure how I would feel taking my new car there for work Any dealership that would hire someone that clearly does not know what they are talking about is not good. I would blame the owner of the dealership and not take my car there.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:38 PM
R99
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your dealer is a clinical retard.

I was at the factory a week ago and saw the F56 JCW in the flesh.

Change dealers to save yourself from anymore BS!!!!

Old 08-21-2014, 04:11 PM
David Cottrell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by GregoryK
I would just hope the mechanics are smarter than the sales staff. I'm not sure how I would feel taking my new car there for work Any dealership that would hire someone that clearly does not know what they are talking about is not good. I would blame the owner of the dealership and not take my car there.
After the 2 weeks it took to install driving lights I would not go back for anything mechanical. I only had them do it because they were free. However the JCW kit requires a dealer to install. So I guess I will be traveling.