F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 2015 4 door hardtop orders?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 08:24 AM
BrianLaRose
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 4 door hardtop orders?

Dear Friends,

My wife and I are going to order a 2015 Mini 4dr Hardtop. We have looked at the Configurator and priced one out, we are now checking with dealers to see who can offer us the best price on the build before going forward with the order. it seems that dealers are pretty much offering from a straight MSRP to a 2% discount on the orders, that's about it...

Does anybody have experience with the enhanced Bluetooth features? How does it work for you?

Also, does anybody have opinions on the sport suspension option for $500? i'm pretty sure we want it, but I want to be sure it's worth it.

If you can recommend a dealer who can offer a more aggressive discount on a F56 4-dr hardtop order we're happy to travel on the east coast to get a better deal.

ALSO: I forgot to ask about the Mini Warranty. I have a quote from Mini of Nashville for $3500 for a 6 year MINI warranty. what are your thoughts on this program as opposed to something called "EZ-Care" that they also offer.?? How has the mini warranty been for you guys? i generally prefer manufacture warranty, its easier to get them to agree with it, and I like a very very high deductible to cover things like ECU and so on.

Brian

Last edited by BrianLaRose; 10-21-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:20 PM
amazonracer
4th Gear
Originally Posted by BrianLaRose
Dear Friends,

My wife and I are going to order a 2015 Mini 4dr Hardtop. We have looked at the Configurator and priced one out, we are now checking with dealers to see who can offer us the best price on the build before going forward with the order. it seems that dealers are pretty much offering from a straight MSRP to a 2% discount on the orders, that's about it...

Does anybody have experience with the enhanced Bluetooth features? How does it work for you?

Also, does anybody have opinions on the sport suspension option for $500? i'm pretty sure we want it, but I want to be sure it's worth it.

If you can recommend a dealer who can offer a more aggressive discount on a F56 4-dr hardtop order we're happy to travel on the east coast to get a better deal.

ALSO: I forgot to ask about the Mini Warranty. I have a quote from Mini of Nashville for $3500 for a 6 year MINI warranty. what are your thoughts on this program as opposed to something called "EZ-Care" that they also offer.?? How has the mini warranty been for you guys? i generally prefer manufacture warranty, its easier to get them to agree with it, and I like a very very high deductible to cover things like ECU and so on.

Brian
Don't have any answers for you but welcome. It's going to be pretty much full price.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:53 PM
gotsmart
1st Gear
Yup. Any time a new model comes out, there's usually constrained supply, which doesn't give you much bargaining power. It was the same situation when we bought our Clubman. The dealer threw in a couple of freebies like winter mats and the iPod cable, but that was about all she could do.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:03 AM
MINIwuff
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Honestly it will depend on your geographic location and market. Where in the US are you located?

As stated above, new models usually stay within a hair of MSRP and the dealer offers swag and some freebies in the way of motoring gear and accessories in lieu of discounting the price of the product.

Since the F55 has been delayed until January 2015, this may become a larger issue as demand will likely increase and supply will be limited at best.

If you live in an area (like I do) where there are 11 MINI dealers within driving distance, the potential for "competitive pricing" increases. However, if the next dealer is 200+ miles away, you may be completely out of luck.

Regarding the sport suspension: I have driven multiple versions of the F56 and have to say that my personal favorite (with fairly limited exposure, I will make clear) is the Cooper with Dynamic Damper Control. It really really depends on your personal preference. I found the Sport Suspension a bit too stiff and liked the adjust-ability of the DDC. I had it on my BMW Z4 and it worked wonders. It is not as "dynamic" on the MINI, but does offer a degree of change to suit your driving style. That is where my $500 would be spent on a Cooper.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:05 AM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MINIwuff
Since the F55 has been delayed until January 2015, this may become a larger issue as demand will likely increase and supply will be limited at best.
Yeah, that's the official word from my dealer. Should be interesting (read: annoying) if they artificially hold up deliveries. My F55 is in the mid-Atlantic, hitting port next week. EPA hold is now off (cleared along with the F56). Availability will depend on corporate politics more than actual supply.

Regarding mfg warranties, it'll help a lot to call around and ask for quotes. I did that a few years ago and by the time I hit the third dealer they asked if I was getting quotes from others and they just gave me a rock-bottom price. There is a LOT of room to move on the official warranties. IIRC, it was a discount of 40-50% off MSRP.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:22 AM
BrianLaRose
1st Gear
we just placed an order for our 2015 Mini hardtop 4door with Mini of Knoxville.

We'll see how things go on the build date and ship date and so on.

I also didn't know that it was called the F55, i thought they were all F56... i know a LOT about american cars, but I am learning about mini brand. FIRST TIME BUYER.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:36 AM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BrianLaRose
we just placed an order for our 2015 Mini hardtop 4door with Mini of Knoxville.

We'll see how things go on the build date and ship date and so on.

I also didn't know that it was called the F55, i thought they were all F56... i know a LOT about american cars, but I am learning about mini brand. FIRST TIME BUYER.
Congratulations! If you haven't found it yet, this How to Track your Mini post has great info for following the progress.

Just curious- did the dealer give you any guidance as to when your car is likely to be ready?

Old 10-22-2014, 11:08 AM
BrianLaRose
1st Gear
They said 4-6 weeks, but i'm sure they are lying. I know that because their lips are moving and all sales people lie when their lips are moving..

Actually i know that it will be after January 1st because google told me so. It's ok, we have another car that we can drive until then and so it's ok. this is an upgrade, with the other car being passed to another family member... and she can wait..

ha ha.